PDA

View Full Version : Mayflower APC Shoulder Pads Question

mikelowrey
01-05-16, 17:36
I recently ordered 2 APCs from SKD at different dates and one of them didn't come with the 3d mesh shoulder pads as pictured, instead something else with a little cushion on it.

Anybody has any idea about it?

Thank you.

* Cross-Posting in TOS

Cmm46
01-05-16, 17:56
Hmm..no idea why they would be different. Does the "little cushion" one look like it might be a new design or is it totally out of place? Mine is about two years old and came with the mesh pads but I dont use them. I think its just as comfortable without them.

mikelowrey
01-05-16, 18:00
"Could be" a new design? Possibly. I'll add pics for comparison in a few.

mikelowrey
01-05-16, 18:15
Excuse the crappy pics.

Mesh Pads:

New thing on it:

mikelowrey
01-05-16, 18:15

Inkslinger
01-05-16, 18:58
I just got one the other day, not from SKD, but it had the mesh pads. Give them a call, I'm sure they'll make it right.

mikelowrey
01-05-16, 22:09
I just got one the other day, not from SKD, but it had the mesh pads. Give them a call, I'm sure they'll make it right.

I did contact CS through email, awaiting response. Thank you

drtywk
01-06-16, 00:00
MRC is making a new style of shoulder pad for the APC that is similar to the pads that are included with the Velocity Scarab LT. It might be that you bought two carriers that they received off of two different orders from the manufacturer. Play with both of them and see which one you like before you send one or the other back. I like both styles, but prefer the pads on the Scarab LT.

Wake27
01-06-16, 00:07
Or they may be upgrading to them. OP Tactical is offering them separately due to s large demand apparently, I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikelowrey
01-06-16, 00:26
MRC is making a new style of shoulder pad for the APC that is similar to the pads that are included with the Velocity Scarab LT. It might be that you bought two carriers that they received off of two different orders from the manufacturer. Play with both of them and see which one you like before you send one or the other back. I like both styles, but prefer the pads on the Scarab LT.

Bingo! They are exactly the same, I guess that will be the new trend?

Or they may be upgrading to them. OP Tactical is offering them separately due to s large demand apparently, I love them.

Wake, How long you been running them? definitely a go? or you rather the mesh ones.

Wake27
01-06-16, 01:05
Not long to be honest, and I usually have my PC on tight enough that I don't really even feel it on my shoulders, but I have done several CrossFit style workouts with them, to include a one mile 60lb sandbag run. If nothing else, they're way more comfy when you drop it over your head to put on. The mesh was always a little too abrasive for me there.

GTF425
01-06-16, 13:54
The mesh pads are going to chafe the **** out of your neck. You got lucky, OP.

mikelowrey
01-07-16, 23:32
The mesh pads are going to chafe the **** out of your neck. You got lucky, OP.

LOL I did, I have one with the mesh the other with the new ones, SKD replied and said that these are the new pads coming now and if I wanted a RMA... I said no thank you! :lol: :dance3: I guess that the new pads are going to the wifey's apc