PDA

View Full Version : Light for 870

jahwarrior1423
01-05-16, 18:13
I'm wanting to add a weapon light to my 870. I'm wanting a surefire mini scout but saw that there's different models. Which model would be sufficient for house work and be compatible with pressure switches?

mack7.62
01-05-16, 19:07
GG&G makes a nice kit with a poly pump cutout for a section of rail. Works good with SF Scout.

jahwarrior1423
01-05-16, 19:29
Can you send me a link?

Which model surefire mini scout would be best?

theorangecat
01-06-16, 12:17
GG&G makes a nice kit with a poly pump cutout for a section of rail. Works good with SF Scout.

If you are talking about the poly "Speedfeed-style" forend that has a rail section at 3:00, I think that item has been discontinued; it's a shame, as I prefer it to every other light mount I've used on a pump shotgun.

Now, if a person doesn't mind a light mounted on the barrel/magazine tube, CDM has some good ones. http://www.cdmgear.com/lightmounts.html

I'm too much of a klutz for the combination of tape switch and pump gun, and I don't get as fussy about the "throw" of a weapon light on a shotgun as I do on a carbine... I'm fine with an old TLR-1 on my GG&G forend.

toc

nolt
01-06-16, 14:05
cdm is one of those no-nonsense no BS kinda setups. kinda like arisaka. make great gear and stand behind it and take care of it if you ever have a problem.
speaking of arisaka they have a great 300 series scout setup that you could mlok on a magpul forend if you want a scout.

GH41
01-06-16, 15:19
I run a Haley WML on the MagPul forend. I cannot imagine the hassle of a tape switch and pigtail on a pump. I want to be able to manipulate the light while controlling the weapon. Mounting to the forend is the only way that works for me.

jahwarrior1423
01-06-16, 16:07
I'm wanting to keep the light on the right side of my weapon. I believe using a tape switch would be easy to manipulate from the left side of the handguard with my thumb. I've seen people mount the haley wml but am not sure how I would be with working the light while operating the weapon.

I'm open to options for weapon light choices and mounting options as well. I am trying to stay away from mounting the light via mag tube mount. I feel that will be the most difficult to manipulate.

GH41
01-06-16, 17:29
I don't know what your reason for wanting it that way is but I wish you the best of luck doing it without a tape switch/snag everything wire. The SureFire forend is an option if you are flush w/$$$.

jahwarrior1423
01-06-16, 23:46
I gave a reason why...