PDA

View Full Version : Another Belt Thread

vwp6269
01-07-16, 09:19
So I went through several pages of results and got some good info a lot fairly dated however.

Here is my dilemma. I am gearing up for SHTF/Tactical Courses i am planning to do this year. I recently got a TAG PC and love it. I am needing a place for my pistol/mags and am looking for a belt that will accommodate it and not totally be overkill for what i need. Obviously going to carry at least two extra mags at least. I prefer it to be MOLLE compatible.

Whats the consensus? HSGI has a great belt but i don't think i need to spend 200+ on a belt for my uses but if that is the "right" way to do it i am all in.

dylank0723
01-07-16, 09:37
I love the ronin tactics belts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drtywk
01-07-16, 11:34
I am a fan of the Ronin Tactical belts as well, Tu is an awesome guy and an excellent trainer. Also take a look at the Tyr Gunfighter line of belts, they are still over $100, but are pretty decent. If MOLLE is a want more than a need, there are several belts out there that will do the job.

I generally wear an Ares Aegis Enhanced belt or a Mean Gene Leather belt on my pants with Kydex mag holders in conjunction with my PC. I also have a war belt set up with a Velocity Systems Operator Utility Belt and custom HSGI riggers belt with MOLLE based pouches.

If you are dead set on using MOLLE pouches, you can also use a standard riggers/gun belt and MOLLE pouches with the First Spear Missing Link MOLLE adapters: http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17527&cat=279&page=1.

There are tons of options out there if you know what you want and what to look for.

bruin
01-07-16, 14:59
If the belt is just for classes and range wear, IMHO skip the molle. Nowadays you have lots of choices in excellent belt-mounted mag pouches, and even molle backed ones can be easily adapted with some 1" Velcro one wrap (way better than FS missing link). Get an inner/outer belt combo, or try the HSGI micro pad on the inside if you want a little padding. Check out Volund Atlas and Snake Eater Tactical belts, in particular the SET hypalon inner belt. You can easily put together a system that's slim, light, and secure for under $100.

SolarHawk
01-07-16, 20:35
I second Bruin's recommendation on the HSGI belt with inner Velcro and micro pad. That's my current setup and I really like it. I bought a few belt mounted tacos instead of the molle tacos. I couldn't be happier. In the event you go this route, you may need to order your rigger belt one size up due to the micro pad inside.