PDA

View Full Version : M&P LE vs. M&P

ballsout
08-11-08, 20:02
Any differences between M&P Law Enforcement, Military and Government vs. the regular?

Alpha Sierra
08-11-08, 21:02
Not that I know of.

And if there is, I find it hard to believe they would matter much.

For the record, I think that a manual safety on a DAO striker fired pistol = tits on a boar hog.

crossgun
08-11-08, 22:52
From what I understand, in addition to three mags rather than two, the LE pistols go through a little different QC and are 100% test fired.

Contact Grant if you want to verify. He is 1 of 3 LE dealers in Ohio for Smith & Wesson.

NCPatrolAR
08-11-08, 23:02
Only difference that I am aware of is the presence of 3 mags in the LE boxes versus 2 in the non-LE boxes

1911pro
08-11-08, 23:27
I believe no mag safety and no internal lock on law enforcement models.

NCPatrolAR
08-11-08, 23:40
I believe no mag safety and no internal lock on law enforcement models.

The mag safety is an LE option. We have them on our duty guns.

1911pro
08-11-08, 23:51
I stand corrected:D

Beat Trash
08-12-08, 05:52
Three mags and no Key Lock on the side.

Though I have yet to see a gun (Non-LE) in a gun store or at a show that had the Key lock on the side.

Not to say they aren't out there, just haven't seen one yet.

The biggest difference between Non-LE guns and LE-guns is that a LEO can get a decent price break when buying one...

dialM4murder
10-02-08, 17:25
From what I understand, in addition to three mags rather than two, the LE pistols go through a little different QC and are 100% test fired.

Contact Grant if you want to verify. He is 1 of 3 LE dealers in Ohio for Smith & Wesson.

That doesn't sound feasible. Why would LE guns get any better treatment than civi guns? Civilians carry on a daily basis as well, and need their guns to be just as reliable.

DocGKR
10-02-08, 18:13
"For the record, I think that a manual safety on a DAO striker fired pistol = tits on a boar hog."

Unless the activated manual safety saves your life in a gun grab--which I have seen occur twice...

John_Wayne777
10-02-08, 20:11
That doesn't sound feasible. Why would LE guns get any better treatment than civi guns? Civilians carry on a daily basis as well, and need their guns to be just as reliable.

It's actually standard practice. It's a poorly kept industry secret that LE marked guns go through better QC processes than guns meant for sale to ordinary joes on retail shelves. Some LE contracts specify a higher level of QC. The DHS contract with Sig, for instance, spells out several additional QC checks that must be passed before they will be accepted by the DHS.

Yes, it's true that ordinary folks who carry a firearm need a weapon as reliable as LE guns...but that doesn't seem to be a message getting much consideration by gun companies.

dp509
10-03-08, 00:36
Remember the problems with the Glock 22? A local dept here had the glock 22 and had nothing but problems. The one up the road loves theirs. Bought at different times, different batches.