PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 & 19 MOS series

HardLuck682
01-08-16, 12:32
I took this photo of an advertisement. Maybe coming out at SHOT?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/08/caf67e80958d82359f8e76b7bfbdc893.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP3R 237
01-08-16, 12:37
The pamphlet I got says winter 2016, but product announcement will more than likely be at Shot.

Eurodriver
01-08-16, 12:37
Typical Glock.

Everyone with a G19 who wanted an RMR has already sent it to Doug, Mark, or Gabe. I bet these sell like whatever the opposite of Hotcakes is.

MStarmer
01-08-16, 13:03
I think it gives people an option to "test drive" whether they want to run an optic or not with minimal investment and or permanent modifications. I think serious shooters will still opt for having places like ATEi do them so that it's a much more robust install.

KTR03
01-08-16, 13:09
Typical Glock.

Everyone with a G19 who wanted an RMR has already sent it to Doug, Mark, or Gabe. I bet these sell like whatever the opposite of Hotcakes is.

I think that assumes a static population of shooters. By that logic, they wouldn't sell G19s anymore because everyone that wanted one has one. I am seeing more and more older shooters opting for optics. As my vision goes, I might be going that direction at some point.

MStarmer
01-08-16, 13:39
I am seeing more and more older shooters opting for optics. As my vision goes, I might be going that direction at some point.

That's exactly why I have one at ATEi being done now. I'm struggling with feeling nearsighted one day to farsighted the next. Not even 50 yet...

WickedWillis
01-08-16, 13:43
I think if GLock fixed their adapter plates and the RMR's sit better now then on past MOS models, it's a no-brainer for most guys wanting to do this. I get there are some incredible companies out there that do this better than Glock, but there is a market here for everyday guys.

jwfuhrman
01-08-16, 14:05
The 19 MOS shall be mine

okie john
01-08-16, 14:19
The 19 MOS shall be mine

This. Probably two of three of them before it's all over with.

Glock introduced this just as I'm shifting over to Gen4 G19's. At 54, I can still shoot very well with iron sights in slow fire, but shooting irons well at speed is another story. If the upcharge is not ridiculous, then the MOS version represents a significant savings when looking at multiple pistols.

And for what it's worth, the site that explains this is actually pretty good. https://us.glock.com/mos

Okie John

Eurodriver
01-08-16, 14:25
I think that assumes a static population of shooters. By that logic, they wouldn't sell G19s anymore because everyone that wanted one has one. I am seeing more and more older shooters opting for optics. As my vision goes, I might be going that direction at some point.

You're exactly right, and merely proving my point.

Why didn't Glock release the 17 and 19 MOS models last year when they released the others?

JSantoro
01-08-16, 15:16
Since folks're gonna gripe about SOMEthing no matter what, why NOT release the somewhat-oddball models first, instead of their flagship variants...?

For all we know, Glock elected to provide further sniff-testing to their flagships...though that'd be wholly out of character for them, vice simply releasing them and accusing folks of limp-wristing when the inevitable oddities show up, all the while tweaking things and not admitting any problems existed in the first place

As the technology in these types of optics matures and becomes more mainstream to use aboard pistols, as it has since 2010 +/-, when we saw the first game efforts made at making this configuration work, BPT for the possibility of agency contract buys of optics-capable handguns become more common.

They'll sell all right, just not to cats like me who want the cut done to the specific optic, instead of an overcut catch-all solution designed for 4-6 different optics.

Eurodriver
01-08-16, 15:20
My apologies, the Marine in me sometimes makes the griping just appear. I don't even remember writing that post.

My only real gripe with Glock is that despite their extensive beta testing they still get it wrong. Better to release a garbage product today than a garbage product tomorrow.

Speaking of having a cut done to a specific optic, Mark @ L&M needs to really hurry up with mine. :ph34r:

JSantoro
01-08-16, 15:30
You'll note I worked in my own, tribesman...? :D

The way Glock handled the issues that cropped up from Gen4 release chapped my sac, me and untold however-manys of other folks. Not news.

Something like that will occur in this instance, but will also eventually come out all right; a less difficult birth than the Gen4s, but difficult nonetheless. Bank on it, but this from-the-factory thing needs to happen...

Vandal
01-08-16, 15:38
If I want to have my G19 RMR'd it's going to be sent off to one of the above listed guys. I don't want Glocks one size fits most plates.

GNXII
01-08-16, 16:18
Maybe those on the fence about sending there gun to a smith to have an MRD installed will pony up for second one with a factory mod to it. To me,more easily found, no wait, off the shelf choices are a good thing.

ramairthree
01-08-16, 16:26
Despite the fact I mounted an Aimpoint 1000 to a pistol in the 80s and was all cutting edge,
The reality is I spent my life with 20/10 vision and used to laugh at optics on pistols.

As 50 gets near,
And I constantly manage to lose reading glasses,
I know have a 17 with a FF and just finished mounting one on a BRig Tac.

I do think optics ready guns will end up selling like hot cakes.

Turnkey11
01-08-16, 16:45
Merge the MOS series with the factory threaded models with tall sights, and mark me down for 2... or 3.

VIP3R 237
01-08-16, 16:59
Merge the MOS series with the factory threaded models with tall sights, and mark me down for 2... or 3.

Maybe in ten years Glock will offer this. I would have to buy a couple if they were released.

Turnkey11
01-08-16, 17:08
Otherwise Ill just buy a 19 MOS and put the slide on my TB gun. I really want to do a 17 in that configuration though.

jck397
01-08-16, 19:45
Nice to have more options, but I'm kinda "meh" about it. I think before pistol optics really go mainstream, there need to be non-recropicating mounts. ALG is good for a narrow purpose, but would rather see manufacturers focus their efforts on a pistol designed from the ground up for optics.

TAZ
01-08-16, 20:25
I like the idea of the 19 MOS, unless it still has a side order of BTF thrown in for good measure. I purposely didn't get any of my Glock's modified for an RDS by a third party. The MOS in my neck of the woods only add about $75 to the price so they are still less than third party mods and if you don't like it you can still trade the gun as factory. It will be interesting how these fare as far as function and reliability

Beat Trash
01-08-16, 22:24
The Glock 19 MOS has my attention.

A Blue Label Glock 19 MOS would have my undivided attention...

Slvr Surfr
01-10-16, 16:26
I saw that on their site. Unfortunately, the damn threading is the 13.5x1 LH which is useless to me. I am very close to pulling the trigger on a One Source Tactical Gen 3 G17 slide with the taller sights. I already have a LWD threaded 1/2x28 barrel to toss in it.

Gunnar da Wolf
01-10-16, 19:07
I've never been a fan of the Glock line of pistols. But if they come out with a G19 sized gun with the MOS plate I'll probably have to buy one.

Dammit! Getting old ain't for wimps.

call_me_ski
01-10-16, 21:33
G19 mos is on the way, I held one in my hand today.

okie john
01-10-16, 23:05
This is going to be expensive.

Okie John

platoonDaddy
01-10-16, 23:19
Unless this is an old advertisement, MOS is available in: G34, G35, G40 & G41

https://us.glock.com/mos

t1tan
01-11-16, 00:09
Unless this is an old advertisement, MOS is available in: G34, G35, G40 & G41

https://us.glock.com/mos

It's old, those were the first available models when MOS was launched.

CAFGU
01-11-16, 02:43
Irresistible

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

Chiral
01-11-16, 09:07
Does any one with one of the earlier series MOS (40/41/etc) have any comments on the strength of the slide and mount with the implementation of the cutouts that Glock used. I've read in certain circles (suarez - who I know has a conflict of interest with his milled slide business) that the slide is weakened or thin due to the method used. Thanks!

okie john
01-11-16, 10:02
Does any one with one of the earlier series MOS (40/41/etc) have any comments on the strength of the slide and mount with the implementation of the cutouts that Glock used. I've read in certain circles (suarez - who I know has a conflict of interest with his milled slide business) that the slide is weakened or thin due to the method used. Thanks!

I've owned a G17 that Suarez cut for an RMR. He has no business throwing rocks at anyone over QC issues.

Okie John

Apec
01-13-16, 22:18
The Glock 19 MOS has my attention.

A Blue Label Glock 19 MOS would have my undivided attention...

I believe Blue Label pricing was available on the first MOS models. It should be available on these when they hit shelves.

That said, I recall reading a post on this forum which was talking about Glock 17 MOS's floating around in Europe last year. Glock is rather slow to announce these here.

HardLuck682
01-15-16, 07:20
It's old, those were the first available models when MOS was launched.

Negative, G19 and G17 definitely have not been released yet. Glock went with long slide guns for the release.

jwfuhrman
01-15-16, 08:18
Negative, G19 and G17 definitely have not been released yet. Glock went with long slide guns for the release.

He is referring to the long slide models

t1tan
01-15-16, 19:25
He is referring to the long slide models

Correct

Apec
01-15-16, 21:20

The Glock 17 MOS got released early in Europe last year. Glock was just taking their sweet taking making it available here in the US.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?167344-Glock-17-MOS
https://www.reddit.com/r/Glocks/comments/33l7ls/glock_17_gen4_mos_is_available_in_europe/

specopsscout
01-15-16, 23:41
I believe Blue Label pricing was available on the first MOS models. It should be available on these when they hit shelves.

That said, I recall reading a post on this forum which was talking about Glock 17 MOS's floating around in Europe last year. Glock is rather slow to announce these here.

Do you recall what the Blue Label price was for these? Thanks in advance.

Apec
01-16-16, 18:36
Do you recall what the Blue Label price was for these? Thanks in advance.

It's going to depend on your dealer I would say to expect a +/-15 range around $576.

Here's a Glocktoberfest 2015 catalog from Proforce, a blue label dealer. They had the 34 MOS and 40 MOS at $558. http://www.proforceonline.com/assets/websiteglocktober2015.pdf

Mjolnir
01-16-16, 18:44
I like the idea of the 19 MOS, unless it still has a side order of BTF thrown in for good measure. I purposely didn't get any of my Glock's modified for an RDS by a third party. The MOS in my neck of the woods only add about $75 to the price so they are still less than third party mods and if you don't like it you can still trade the gun as factory. It will be interesting how these fare as far as function and reliability

Or obtain APEX TACTICAL's Extractor Ass'y or White Sound's FAILURE RESISTANT EXTRACTOR (FRE) and it's all good.

To be honest I do not like the current GLOCK extractors so I would call Apex Tactical, spend the $60 and call it good.

I'm actually curious about a GLOCK 19 with an RMR. Seems like something worth playing with...

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

punkey71
01-16-16, 18:53
It's going to depend on your dealer I would say to expect a +/-15 range around $576.

Here's a Glocktoberfest 2015 catalog from Proforce, a blue label dealer. They had the 34 MOS and 40 MOS at $558. http://www.proforceonline.com/assets/websiteglocktober2015.pdf

I wouldn't expect the MOS 19/17s to be MORE expensive than the MOS 34.

The standard 34 is more $$ than the standard 19/17s.

If MOS 34s are $558ish - I'd guess, based on past pricing models, that the MOS 19/17s would be $475-$500.

Just a WAG, I admit.

Why do you think the MOS19/17s will be more expensive than the MOS 34?

Thanks

Apec
01-16-16, 19:17
I wouldn't expect the MOS 19/17s to be MORE expensive than the MOS 34.

The standard 34 is more $$ than the standard 19/17s.

If MOS 34s are $558ish - I'd guess, based on past pricing models, that the MOS 19/17s would be $475-$500.

Just a WAG, I admit.

Why do you think the MOS19/17s will be more expensive than the MOS 34?

Thanks
I believe the poster I was responding to was asking about the price of the 41/40/34/35 MOS - which I provided in the post you quoted.

punkey71
01-16-16, 19:25
Understood. It took it as he was asking about the 17.

If not, my error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turnkey11
01-21-16, 16:00
Its currently $558.50 for the longslide MOS models (34, 35, etc.) with standard sights. A regular Glock 34, 35, etc, is $480.70; a $77.80 difference. Add that to the price of a standard blue label Glock 19 at $398.20 and you get $476 even. Im still waiting for them to hit the LE dealer websites, but Im more than willing to pay up to $500 for one, maybe two.

brown3345
01-21-16, 17:32
I just got an email from Glock Blue Label with a new price list attached.
G17 Gen4 MOS & G19 Gen4 MOS Blue Label pricing is $477.40 for Fixed sights and $529.60 for Night Sights
G34, G35, G40, G41 Gen4 MOS Blue Labels are $558.50 Fixed, $580.50 Adjustable and $614.40 for Night Sights
I will be ordering a G17 MOS with Night Sights this week!

Maiden3.16
01-21-16, 18:38
Typical Glock.

I don't know I think they will sell well. I have been holding off on getting a new 19 specifically for the MOS version to come. Im sure others have aswell. Having an optic ready slide without having to send it in and deal with wait times is a big bonus.

Slightly off topic, but I'm also intersted in the new optic ready Sig P320RX, which comes WITH the optic supposedly

FlyingHunter
01-21-16, 19:55
Curious, does anyone know if the new Leopold Deltapoint Pro (not the older Deltapoint) will fit on the new G19 MOS version?

WatchTheWorldBern
01-21-16, 22:20
I just got an email from Glock Blue Label with a new price list attached.
G17 Gen4 MOS & G19 Gen4 MOS Blue Label pricing is $477.40 for Fixed sights and $529.60 for Night Sights
G34, G35, G40, G41 Gen4 MOS Blue Labels are $558.50 Fixed, $580.50 Adjustable and $614.40 for Night Sights
I will be ordering a G17 MOS with Night Sights this week!

Wait. What is the point of night sights on the MOS? None of the optics sit low enough for the sights to clear.

call_me_ski
01-21-16, 23:52
Curious, does anyone know if the new Leopold Deltapoint Pro (not the older Deltapoint) will fit on the new G19 MOS version?

Glock had one in their booth with a deltapoint pro so I would assume yes.

brown3345
01-22-16, 03:44
Because I plan on just using the sights for now but at my age and old eyes there is a good chance that I might need an rmr in the future. For the small extra cost, it's good insurance. I will not need to buy another pistol when that happens.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

methical20
01-26-16, 01:13
I am very new to the whole RMR thing, but please, enlighten me as to why some people are not happy about Glock's mounting method. Is it not secure enough?

I did a quick search for reviews or an example of someone snapping an RMR off and only found results with Zev slides, never Glock MOS slides. The Glock 19 MOS would most certainly be my next handgun if it turns out to be durable.

VIP3R 237
01-26-16, 09:02

Some of the display models at Shot had the pro models on them.

specopsscout
01-26-16, 09:13
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll be adding a Gen4 G19 MOS to the stable very soon.

ChaseN
01-26-16, 12:32
I am very new to the whole RMR thing, but please, enlighten me as to why some people are not happy about Glock's mounting method. Is it not secure enough?

I did a quick search for reviews or an example of someone snapping an RMR off and only found results with Zev slides, never Glock MOS slides. The Glock 19 MOS would most certainly be my next handgun if it turns out to be durable.

I have a Glock 34 MOS with a deltapoint pro mounted to it. I also used to have a 19 with a milled in RMR (done right). Some thoughts:

Pros:

-It future proofs you against new MRDS designs. If you have a slide milled for an RMR, you're only going to have an RMR. Ever. I wasn't a big fan of the RMR and the battery setup, and had issues with the dot flickering on and off under recoil (even with the sealing plate and electrical tape trick). I took the RMR off my 19 and put it on my .300 SBR, where it was awesome. I then had to sell the 19 since at that point, it was useless to me...now I'm testing the DP pro on my 34 and having much better luck with it, but even if I decide I don't like it, I can try another MRDS without being out any cash (related to the mounting system, anyway).

-It places the rear BUIS behind the MRDS, which I like. This is in contrast to the ATOM system, the only other modular optics solution for a Glock, which places the rear BUIS in front of the MRDS. I don't care for this setup at all. It significantly reduces the sight radius, and to me increases the visual clutter looking through the optic. I figure there is a reason you don't put your rear BUIS on an AR in front of your aimpoint...

Cons:

-The MOS system causes the RDS to sit higher on the slide than when milled in. This makes the optic too high to cowitness with regular suppressor sights. Dawson precision is manufacturing MOS height sights, but they are the only manufacturer I'm aware of currently. They are not making tritium MOS sights currently which is a huge negative to me. I had tritium BUIS on my 19 and I am a big fan of tritium sights cowitnessing with my RDS to aid in finding the dot at night. I found that the traditional 3 dot setup with green tritium didn't interfere or cause any confusion with the dot in any way, which I was initially afraid of.

-Since the MOS plate mounts to the slide, and the optic mounts to the plate, there is an additional potential point of failure on the MOS system that isn't present on a milled in solution. I feel very good about the optic to plate mounting solution (especially with the DP Pro, there are two screws and four recoil lugs vs the RMR's two recoil lugs). The adapter plate to slide mounting system is "OK" at best in my opinion. There are no recoil lugs that keep the plate in place, and the plate is actually slightly shorter than the recess in the slide, so all of the slide's "velocity force" (made up engineering term :cool:) is being carried by those two screws holding the adapter to the slide.

Overall, I'm a fan of the MOS system for my 34. It is a competition/range/fun gun that I don't carry or use for HD, so I like the fact that the MOS system allows me the flexibility to test different optics (I've had both an RMR and the DP Pro on it so far). I have a stock Gen 4 19 for carry, and once/if the DP Pro proves itself to me, I will probably have the 19 milled for a DP Pro installation. Overall I prefer the slightly lower optic height, ability to cowitness with standard (cheap) tritium suppressor sights, and more solid mounting system of a milled optic for a carry gun enough that once I have found an optic that I trust (currently looking good for the DP Pro), I will send my slide out to L&M for milling rather than purchase a 19 MOS. I think my ideal solution would be if Unity revised the ATOM system to allow for a BUIS behind the optic. If they ever figure that out I would strongly consider that mounting system for my carry gun over milling.

MStarmer
01-26-16, 13:44

I don't think it's a matter of "secure enough" but everyone on here loves over built stuff, myself included. Is the MOS going to be good enough? Probably and as discussed it gives a lot of flexibility. If you're someone who shoots alot, beats on his equipment and trains hard then something like ATEi's attention to detail and bulletproof mounting is going to be a step above. Anything on the slide is going to take a beating so the better it's fit and mounted the longer it's going to be gtg. I think especially on a match or range gun the MOS is a great idea, on a defensive gun a permanent mount makes more sense.

SamM
02-12-16, 00:35
Today, I picked up my G19 MOS, well actually it was yesterday now. As soon as I got it home a mounted a Docter red dot on it. The plan in the morning is to sight it in. I also bought a SilencerCo threaded barrel and an Octane 9 HD to go with it. My next move is to call SilencerCo and get a thread protector.

SamM

SamM
02-27-16, 23:54
Just picked up Trijicon night sights and a Trijicon RMR for my G19 MOS. The RMR replaced the Docter red dot that I was using on the MOS. I purchased the sights from Dawson Precision for a better price than Trijicon had them listed for. These co-witness perfectly and are high enough for suppressor use. You need to purchase longer screws but those are available from Amazon. My pistol has a SilencerCo 1/2-28 threaded barrel.

SamM