PDA

View Full Version : Massive Bloodshed in Battle to Capture El Chapo

Whiskey_Bravo
01-09-16, 16:07
***graphic pictures***
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/01/09/hold-graphic-content-see-the-carnage-left-behind-by-el-chapos-capture/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
***graphic pictures***

Looks like they got El Chapo again. 3 hour gun battle with only one Mexican marine injured and a handful of bad guys dead. Are those m203s(or similar) on a couple of those rifles? Chapo's guys had a couple of armored trucks and a "rocket launcher" as well.

On Thursday Guzman was spotted at the house and on Friday early morning, authorities moved in. As the military moved in, El Chapo’s gunmen tried to fight them off causing panic among the citizens of Los Mochis. They reported more than three hours of gunfire and a helicopter flying overhead providing air support. Authorities seized various assault rifles, two armored trucks and a rocket launcher. During the fighting authorities killed five gunmen and arrested six others; one Mexican marine was injured by gunfire.

black22rifle
01-09-16, 16:16
They also had two Barretts, a couple of grenades, and an RPG-7 .

They put him back in the same jail he escaped from.

Judging by the pictures it appears a few of them got shot in the face. Kudos to the marines.

Alex V
01-09-16, 16:41
I'm a bit surprised to see the bad guys using ARs. I guess they must be those awesome Fast And Furious guns. For the longest time, mad guys always used AK pattern rifles.

SilverBullet432
01-09-16, 17:08
Nope. Mexicans love swag and tech. Im surprised there's no FiveSeveNs laying around.

Firefly
01-09-16, 17:57
There's a morbid part of me that wants to listen to "Push it to the Limit"...

Anyways those dudes with 203s and their brains splattered all over the floor, hope it was worth it.

Firefly
01-09-16, 17:58
Nope. Mexicans love swag and tech. Im surprised there's no FiveSeveNs laying around.

Or pimp daddy .38 supers with a Maria's Cross

SilverBullet432
01-09-16, 18:26
Or pimp daddy .38 supers with a Maria's Cross

I wouldn't mind one :/

samuse
01-09-16, 19:58

Yup. It's not uncommon to see an AR all gussied up in Magpul stuff even way down in Mexico. I see 'em all the time.

jpmuscle
01-09-16, 19:59
For the love of God will they just hang this guy already

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

HardToHandle
01-09-16, 20:20
Nice win for all the US federal employees who had nothing to do with this "intelligence" driven capture... Extradition to the US is looking more likely.

If I recall, the US Attorney in Chicago has been posturing to prosecute El Chapo. My guess if the precedings are in Chriaq, that is not going to help the murder rate. BTW the Second City hit 501 homicides in 2015.

Airhasz
01-09-16, 20:36
They also had two Barretts, a couple of grenades, and an RPG-7 .

They put him back in the same jail he escaped from.

Judging by the pictures it appears a few of them got shot in the face. Kudos to the marines.

Hope they plugged the hole in the wall...

Ryno12
01-09-16, 20:43
Hope they plugged the hole in the wall...

They just pulled the plugs out of his getaway motorcycle.

BH321
01-09-16, 21:44
Anyone else notice the Colt LE6920MPG-OD? What do you want to bet that will wind up being linked back to the US?

SilverBullet432
01-09-16, 22:15
For the love of God will they just hang this guy already

He'll be out again. Its all publicity stunts.

black22rifle
01-09-16, 22:48
He did an interview.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/el-chapo-speaks-20160109?page=2

26 Inf
01-10-16, 00:09
He did an interview.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/el-chapo-speaks-20160109?page=2

Glad to see Rolling Stone has lost that ghey breathless style of writing from the 70's :sarcastic:

Moose-Knuckle
01-10-16, 00:55
So Sean Penn's ultra leftest views on things might have backfired on him this time and he might just be a marked man if true . . .

Mexican Drug Lord 'El Chapo' Gave Interview to Sean Penn

The actor also recalls about receiving a tip that the DEA became aware of his trip to Mexico.

https://gma.yahoo.com/mexican-drug-lord-el-chapo-gave-interview-sean-025550677--abc-news-topstories.html

Unaware to the dumb ass, Penn led authorities right to El Champo lol. Now it remains to be seen if there is to be any retribution.

Edit to add . . .

Sean Penn Interview Led Law Enforcement To ‘El Chapo’: Mexico Official – UPDATE
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/sean-penn-queries-el-chapo-030820572.html

So not only did he lead authorities right to El Chapo, now he is being investigated as to why he met with a known fugitive and did not disclose any information to authorities either Mexican or US.

Between El Chapo and the Feds I hope this will be the last we'll be hearing out of Sean Penn . . .

Alex V
01-10-16, 08:51
So Sean Penn's ultra leftest views on things might have backfired on him this time and he might just be a marked man if true . . .

Mexican Drug Lord 'El Chapo' Gave Interview to Sean Penn

https://gma.yahoo.com/mexican-drug-lord-el-chapo-gave-interview-sean-025550677--abc-news-topstories.html

Unaware to the dumb ass, Penn led authorities right to El Champo lol. Now it remains to be seen if there is to be any retribution.

Edit to add . . .

Sean Penn Interview Led Law Enforcement To ‘El Chapo’: Mexico Official – UPDATE
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/sean-penn-queries-el-chapo-030820572.html

So not only did he lead authorities right to El Chapo, now he is being investigated as to why he met with a known fugitive and did not disclose any information to authorities either Mexican or US.

Between El Chapo and the Feds I hope this will be the last we'll be hearing out of Sean Penn . . .

This would be epic. They can share a cell.

ABNAK
01-10-16, 08:54
This would be epic. They can share a cell.

Yeah, Penn can do just like he did in "Bad Boys". :rolleyes:

cbx
01-10-16, 09:06
Man, Sean is an idiot. I talked to a guy that's from the same town where chapo was for a while. I want to say it was Aculpoco. Anyway, he told me that chapo is a bad mofo. The guys I live on the east side of Mexico call the west side the "contested territory".

Sean may very well have signed his own death sentence. Them guys are brutal too.

Thing is, in places like there, it doesn't work like it does here. Money and bribes are just a part of life. Easy to talk shit, but until you have to work all day to buy 1 kilo of meat, you just can't relate.

WillBrink
01-10-16, 12:09
Wow, from the Truth Is Always Stranger Than Fiction files comes this one. You have to read this one to believe it.

Sean Penn Under Investigation for Secretly Interviewing Mexican Drug Lord ‘El Chapo’

In a surprising development, Rolling Stone has published the first-ever interview with fugitive Mexican drug lord Joaquín Guzman, known as “El Chapo,” conducted by none other than Oscar-winning actor Sean Penn.

ABC News reported Saturday night that Penn is now under investigation for the interview, according to a Mexican official. Since Penn had been in contact with Guzman for several months, authorities are presumably interested to find out why the actor did not earlier share any information on the wanted man.

According to the Associated Press, Penn’s interview helped lead authorities to Guzman, who was captured and returned to prison Friday.

The interview published Saturday evening was conducted in October while the drug lord was on the run from Mexican and U.S. authorities. Mexican actress Kate del Castillo, star of Telemundo’s hit 2011 telenovela “La Reina del Sur,” in which she played a ruthless drug cartel leader, accompanied Penn to a secret location deep in the Mexican jungle. It was arranged through a producer he calls Espinoza in the article. Castillo is also now under investigation in the stranger-than-fiction story that seems tailor-made for a telenovela of its own.

The CAA-repped del Castillo recently logged guest shots on CW’s “Jane the Virgin” as part of her effort to cross over into English-language TV. Her next big TV project is the Spanish-language Netflix series “Ingobernable,” where she plays the strong-willed wife of the president of Mexico. She previously had a recurring role in Showtime’s “Weeds” in 2009. She also co-starred in the 2007 Sundance film festival favorite “Under the Same Moon.”

To herald the El Chapo interview coup, Rolling Stone published a two-minute video of his sit-down with Penn (see below).

“I don’t want to be portrayed as a nun,” El Chapo tells Penn as the two dined over tacos and tequila.

After traveling to the unknown location in SUVs, Penn said they were surrounded by “30 to 35″ armed guards, with an additional hundred soldiers in a nearby field.

None of El Chapo’s soldiers or associates spoke in English, so the jungle meeting was translated by Castillo, whom the drug lord had been in contact with after she tweeted a plea to him to use his power to help people. But the first contact was more of a meet and greet; the actor then spent several weeks trying to contact El Chapo via Castillo, and finally received a video answering the questions he had submitted.

Cont:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/sean-penn-el-chapo-rolling-stone-1201676056/

Averageman
01-10-16, 12:31
Ironic that he gets caught just hours or so after Penn put this out there. Those are the kind of coincidences that might lead you to spending your final hours inside a 55 gal drum.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-10-16, 12:35
Penn will find a way to dig himself out of it...

jpmuscle
01-10-16, 13:52
So does chapo have his own publicist that you can call? I mean how does reach out and contact one of worlds most infamous drug lords?

PD Sgt.
01-10-16, 14:25
Perhaps Mexico should put their television industry in charge of locating criminals and fugitives. They are apparently more efficient than their police forces.

BoringGuy45
01-10-16, 14:43
If Penn could manage it, he would go to hell and interview Satan, then come back and give a speech about how much better things are there than in the U.S. That man loves all things evil.

MountainRaven
01-10-16, 14:44
This investigation by the Mexican government smells of jealousy to me.

They expend all their effort in a nation-wide manhunt to no effect but some Hollywood puto doesn't have any difficulty tracking him down? That must seriously grate on the patriarchal Mexican culture, stepping on the toes of some of the most powerful men in Mexico... they don't like it when you step on their toes when you're not el jefe.

26 Inf
01-10-16, 14:46
I surprised he didn't 'struggle' to escape while in the air and in the process 'fall' from the helicopter.

joe138
01-10-16, 16:23
It would be interesting to know if the NSA's capabilities led to the apprehension. If so Penn led to the capture.

walkin' trails
01-10-16, 18:15
Be poetic justice to see ole Sean charged in the Chapo conspiracy. He should, at least be looking at aiding an abetting. That's probably only a three year feliny, but that's three more than Sean has ever done in real life. Let's say Chapo didn't get arrested again, and Sean went onto make a feature film about Chapo's life, Chapo does employ some pretty good lawyers, so he'd be receiving $$$ for his life story plus royalties, and possibly even a cut of the revenues from El Chapo action figures, video games, etc., maybe even his own line of Colorado bud... So that's aiding and abetting. Anyway, perhaps Mexico would be justified to charge him and file for formal extradition. Can you see Sean in a Mexican prison? Who'd tunnel him out? Considering how there are reports of him, with his domestic violence conviction always being seen with a handgun when he's responding to some third world disaster, I've heard Glocks. Wonder if he took his own pistol to Mexico? That's good for a few years in its own right.

glocktogo
01-10-16, 19:10
I can't be the only one wishing Penn was present during the raid...

Benito
01-10-16, 23:32
I would not protest against a drone strike on Sean Penn and Rolling Stone for that matter.
These are the same Leftist saboteurs that tried to lionize the Tsarnaev pos into Jim Morrison on their cover.

Turnkey11
01-11-16, 16:32
Anyone else notice the Colt LE6920MPG-OD? What do you want to bet that will wind up being linked back to the US?

Probably exploited the gun show loophole...

Voodoochild
01-11-16, 17:42
Footage of the raid.

https://youtu.be/vPhFWHJsgkc

SilverBullet432
01-11-16, 18:00
Footage of the raid.

Thoughts? From you LE/hi speed fellas?

black22rifle
01-11-16, 18:01
They look like amateurs judging from videos I've seen of US raids in the middle east.

SilverBullet432
01-11-16, 20:00
The only action ive seen is in movies so I wouldn't know.

hatidua
01-11-16, 21:40
This investigation by the Mexican government smells of jealousy to me.

As has most every miffed journalist I've heard on the radio today. I doubt there is a reporter alive that wouldn't have liked to have had that interview (be it right or wrong).

Moose-Knuckle
01-12-16, 01:49
Footage of the raid.

There are much more effective ways of opening doors like that . . .

SilverBullet432
01-12-16, 06:14
With the high level of corruption in the military, I don't think the govt wants to dump money into people who might turn against them the next day. You have to remember: one of the other criminal gangs with alphabet letters was started by GAFE members. (Mex specops)

WillBrink
01-12-16, 07:45
Footage of the raid.

And already released to YT for our viewing pleasure. Wow.

ClearedHot
01-12-16, 08:38
Thoughts? From you LE/hi speed fellas?

A few observations...

Wasting precious time at the breach point while trying repeatedly to get the gate open with a ram instead of just using a charge, firing indiscriminately into a room on FA, guys bunched up and standing in fatal funnel.

Maybe their command will do an AAR and address some of the issues. Or not.

black22rifle
01-12-16, 09:19
I think they received full auto fire from the inside and that's how the one marine got hurt

It also seemed they were very hesitant to keep pushing while inside the house. The leader told them plenty of times to move.

WillBrink
01-12-16, 09:59
I think they received full auto fire from the inside and that's how the one marine got hurt

It also seemed they were very hesitant to keep pushing while inside the house. The leader told them plenty of times to move.

I don't think anyone will accuse them of being HSLD but the pucker factor for going in there would be very high, bad guys dead, target captured, one injury not life threatening, so mission accomplished it would seem. It's probable they may have been tasked for that mission not due to high level of training for it, but a willingness to actually do it and or trusted to do it without allowing target to "escape" and so forth. Just saying all is never as it appears in Mexico...

7.62NATO
01-12-16, 10:02
Def. not on par with a standard SOF raid.

SilverBullet432
01-12-16, 18:23
A few observations...

Wasting precious time at the breach point while trying repeatedly to get the gate open with a ram instead of just using a charge, firing indiscriminately into a room on FA, guys bunched up and standing in fatal funnel.

Maybe their command will do an AAR and address some of the issues. Or not.

Def. not on par with a standard SOF raid.

My opinion: They don't want to spend money on potential traitors. I reiterate, corruption is HIGH in MX. Or they have budget cuts :p

jpmuscle
01-12-16, 18:37

Caves man, gotta build those caves

Whiskey_Bravo
01-12-16, 19:00
Dude at the beginning nade spamming grenades/flashes/wtfever into the room. I didn't count but I would have hated to be in the room on the receiving end. Not sure the outcome of the injured guy in the entry but he didn't look to good.

Those narrow halls and weird shaped rooms are almost purpose built to be a bitch to assault.

26 Inf
01-12-16, 19:36
I don't think anyone will accuse them of being HSLD but the pucker factor for going in there would be very high, bad guys dead, target captured, one injury not life threatening, so mission accomplished it would seem. It's probable they may have been tasked for that mission not due to high level of training for it, but a willingness to actually do it and or trusted to do it without allowing target to "escape" and so forth. Just saying all is never as it appears in Mexico...

I'd always heard that the Mexican Navy and Marines were the least corrupt forces in Mexico. This seems to explain why:

Navy has become Mexico’s most important crime-fighting force

[I]Somewhat uniquely, Mexico’s armed forces are divided into two separate Cabinet-level entities, with a naval secretariat overseeing the navy and a national defense secretariat in charge of the army and air force. The two secretariats rarely coordinate except on orders from the presidential office. They sometimes saw each other as foes.

“There were instances of shootouts,” said Richard Downie, director of the Center for Hemispheric Defense Studies at the National Defense University in Washington.

The navy has one advantage in keeping its force free of organized crime: Unlike the army, naval infantry units have no fixed inland bases. That mean navy officers are not exposed as much as commanders of army bases to the plata o plomo (money or death) demands of crime bosses.

“They go in and out on specific missions. They are not subject to the corruption that comes when you are somewhere for quite some time,” Downie said.

Naval infantry units now number about 15,400 out of total navy force of 56,000, Guevara said. Of those, special forces units make up a brigade, perhaps up to 1,800 men.

“Given these numbers, the budget they have, the personnel they can deploy, they’ve been doing quite well,” said Guillermo Vazquez del Mercado, an independent security analyst who once worked for Mexico’s National Security Council.

Attitudes within the navy and army differ dramatically. Naval officers routinely seek graduate degrees and interact with civilians, while army officers remain deeply hierarchical and insular, experts say.

Camp, the Claremont McKenna professor who has lectured at both the navy and army academies, said naval officers pepper him with questions while army officers stay silent. Camp said naval officers are four times more likely to study abroad than army officers.

Mexico’s navy sent a permanent rotating liaison to the U.S. Northern Command, the Colorado-based unified military command that overseas activities from Alaska to Mexico, in 2006, years before the Mexican army followed suit. The navy also has liaisons in Key West, Fla., and Norfolk, Va.

Neither Mexico nor the United States has explained what kind of assistance the CIA may be providing to the navy, or indeed the level of intelligence that is offered.

“It’s no secret that we operate (unmanned aerial vehicles) on the border. We do electronic intercepts. That’s in the public domain. What is secret is what we obtain and who we share it with,” said McCabe, of the U.S. Naval War College.

“There’s a lot of folks that just don’t trust the army with intelligence,” he added.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/world/article24739117.html#storylink=cpy

Here is another good article:

Boasting one of Mexico's most respected intelligence agencies, a small but effective commando force and less insular culture, the navy proved a good fit for the tie-up.

"There's no question the navy has gained considerable prestige from this - way beyond their size," said U.S. political scientist Roderic Camp, a specialist on Mexico's military. "I don't expect there to be any change in what they're doing and the role they're playing."

The navy's special forces, anchored within the 1,800-strong 7th Infantry Battalion in Mexico City, have worked closely with U.S. intelligence and military operatives to catch or kill many top drug lords. About 400 of the battalion's best troops - trained by U.S. Navy Seals and other foreign advisers - carry out the most sensitive operations against the kingpins.

"That's what should be given priority," Mariano Saynez, the just departed navy secretary, told reporters recently. "It's about having less violence, avoiding perhaps the massive use of the armed forces. They have to be more select groups."

In the final weeks of Calderon's government the navy notched up so many successes against the cartels, it looked like the marines were waging the fight almost single-handedly.

During a five-week period, marines captured or killed four top capos including the head of the Zetas gang, Heriberto Lazcano, and the boss of the Gulf Cartel, Jorge Costilla, aka "El Coss."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-drugs-idUSBRE8B90U920121210

Tzook
01-12-16, 19:39
Very interesting post 26 Inf, I wasn't aware of any of that and had wondered myself. Thanks!

SeriousStudent
01-12-16, 20:58
Agreed. Thanks for the info, 26 Inf.

Outlander Systems
01-13-16, 07:31
26 Inf answered my question...

"How in hell were they able to find enough non-cartel-payrolled dudes to actually raid the place."

Thanks for the info, indeed.

WillBrink
01-31-16, 17:03
Never mind.

_Stormin_
01-31-16, 17:14
Zero shock here... In fact, the only thing about the story that shocked me is ABC turning on their DNC masters.

Most of the weapons seized, including the .50 caliber rifle, were from the Fast and Furious gun-smuggling scandal, a story the U.S. government declared to be over.

tb-av
01-31-16, 17:27
Hoax
http://www.thewrap.com/el-chapo-escape-hoax-gets-internet-buzzing/

Real
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3424879/Cross-border-sting-nets-arrest-Sinaloa-Cartel-members.html