PDA

View Full Version : 5.11 Tac Tec Plate Carrier

Militant83
01-09-16, 18:16
Does anyone have any experience with the new 5.11 plate carrier? Ive seen some reviews on them and I like the design minus the elastic cumberbun.

I was wondering for those that have them or have had them if the cumberbun is removable and can be replaced with a non elastic one from another company.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Militant83
01-10-16, 14:54
Well guys I placed the order for one at work, so I guess I will figure this out and report back for the other guys who might be wondering the same thing I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ex95B10
01-10-16, 15:04
A picture or a link to the product your talking about would help get some responses.

Militant83
01-13-16, 20:33
A picture or a link to the product your talking about would help get some responses.

That would have served no purpose for what I was looking for out of this post. The intent was to get advice from members who had experience with the 5.11 Tactec plate carrier. However mine just came in the mail the other day. My initial impressions are it is a solid well built piece of gear as expected from 5.11. Fit and finish is top notch as well. After having it in hand, I was able to answer my previous question of being able to replace the cumberbun with another brand cumberbun. The answer is no due to the quick release system being integrated in to it.

When I was first researching the plate carrier the biggest concern I saw was the elastic cumberbun. Guys were concerned it would wear out and then the carrier wouldn't fit properly. I don't see that being an issue with this carrier. The cumberbun is only partially elastic. There is about a 4-6" section that is elastic however it only has an inch or so of stretch to it. I think even if the elastic started to wear out you could still take up the minimal slack when fastening the cumberbun under the kangaroo flap.

The one thing I wish it had was a kangaroo pocket across the mid section to hold magazines. Time will tell how well it holds up in the long run.