PDA

View Full Version : SSA-E vs DMR

thisguy65
01-11-16, 11:49
Looking for a new trigger for my DMR trigger and I'm torn between these too. Does anyone have both or either that could help? I have a SSA in there now and while I love the trigger it on the heavy side for precision work.

Fatorangecat
01-12-16, 07:35
I have the SSA-E and get to shoot it next to an SSA and it breaks very similar but is substantially lighter.

rjacobs
01-12-16, 07:48
Hi-Speed National Match - Match.

The DMR is in between the Match and the Service Rifle in terms of pull weight.

Biggest difference between SSA-E and Hi Speed National Match line is all the adjustability you get from the Hi Speed triggers. SSA-E is non adjustable.

Ive got both the Match and an SSA-E. Match beats it by a mile once you get it tuned up to your liking. Im probably going to put the SSA-E into my 10.5" SBR and put another Match trigger into my 18" SPR to match my big frame 6.5 creed.

thisguy65
01-12-16, 08:26
I ended up ordering a SSA-E for this weekend. I have a DMR that is in a Maten build that I'm doing but don't have any trigger time on it. Rather leave it there since I have it setup.

I was thinking of going with the DMR but SSA-E was 50 dollar cheaper. I like my SSA alot, my thoughts were that lighter trigger pull would make the SSA better for this particular role.

lengthofpull
01-27-16, 20:15
I ended up ordering a SSA-E for this weekend. I have a DMR that is in a Maten build that I'm doing but don't have any trigger time on it. Rather leave it there since I have it setup.

I was thinking of going with the DMR but SSA-E was 50 dollar cheaper. I like my SSA alot, my thoughts were that lighter trigger pull would make the SSA better for this particular role.

I realize I'm late to the party here, but i'm posting this in case anyone comes across this thread in a search.

Rainier Arms, when they have it in stock, sells the Hi-Speed Trigger with all 3 trigger spring sets (NM, DMR and Service). I had the SSA and wanted a precision trigger too. I like the DMR.

https://www.rainierarms.com/geissele-hi-speed-trigger

titsonritz
01-27-16, 21:22
I see no reason for an adjustable trigger on a DMR and would suggest going with a SSA-E or SD-E.

rjacobs
01-27-16, 21:26
I see no reason for an adjustable trigger on a DMR and would suggest going with a SSA-E or SD-E.

HSNM triggers have faster lock times than any of the other Giessele triggers. So in theory, the shot goes off faster once you break the sear and gives you less time in between to influence the gun. I say in theory because we are talking milliseconds here. So beyond them being adjustable(I adjusted mine when I installed it and have never touched it again), this is the main advantage on why I went with one in my big frame gas gun.

firefighter37
01-27-16, 21:41
I have the HSNM-DMR on my SR15 LPR and it is fantastic. No comparison between it and the SSA and SSA-E.