PDA

View Full Version : Noveske 18" SPR Rouge Hunter.

762X39KALASHNIKOV
01-12-16, 06:52
Just wanted to know if anybody has any experience with one and how they shoot in terms of accuracy and ergonomics. The barrel has of course noveske polygonal rifling but as well what is the round life of there SS

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jstalford
01-12-16, 08:44
Crane: And how many rounds are you gonna’ get out of that?
Noveske: I don’t know. I know of barrels that are over 15,000 rounds still in service. So, I don’t know how long they’ll go, but I know that they’re going quite a ways.

http://www.defensereview.com/noveske-rifleworks-n4-light-recce-carbine-john-noveske-interview-part-one/

MistWolf
01-12-16, 10:12
You know ARs are getting specialized when someone makes one for self protection while shopping for make up

762X39KALASHNIKOV
01-12-16, 16:25
You know ARs are getting specialized when someone makes one for self protection while shopping for make up
??

MistWolf
01-12-16, 16:46
Ya said you were looking at the Noveske 18" SPR Rouge Hunter. I figure a Rouge Hunter was a rifle you took with you when shopping for make up. Something to protect yourself while trying on a little red rouge on your cheeks to see if the shade suits you

762X39KALASHNIKOV
01-12-16, 16:50
Ya said you were looking at the Noveske 18" SPR Rouge Hunter. I figure a Rouge Hunter was a rifle you took with you when shopping for make up. Something to protect yourself while trying on a little red rouge on your cheeks to see if the shade suits you
O lol I didn't realize I spelled it wrong. Rogue lol

glocktogo
01-12-16, 17:02
I had one and it was a tack driver, without being a boat anchor. The price was right for what I got, as I find some of their offerings to be over priced. The only reason I got rid of it was a move to 6.8 for my intermediate range rig (I don't do anything over 500 yards).

Onyx Z
01-12-16, 19:59
My 16" Noveske Recce is a tack driver with my handloads. I'm positive the 18" Rogue Hunter is as well.

762X39KALASHNIKOV
01-12-16, 21:11
My 16" Noveske Recce is a tack driver with my handloads. I'm positive the 18" Rogue Hunter is as well.
Well that is good to know because I paid a pretty penny for it about 1700 so really hoping that the barrel is as good as its claim to be. Would you happen to know the metallurgy of the barrel I don't know if it's 416, 416r , 410 or something totally different from the normal SS barrels pit there. I know it's the claim to fame NMm0 chamber with a 1/7 twist rate (noveske match mod 0) just not the make up of the barrel itself. It has a matte finish which to me looks like 410 CHF but I'm not shure. Thanks for the assist.

jstalford
01-12-16, 21:13
As far as I know, all the SS are 416r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

762X39KALASHNIKOV
01-12-16, 21:19
As far as I know, all the SS are 416r

All noveske SS barrels are 416R? Or do you mean all SS barrels in general? Cause I know that they make 416 SS without the Molybdenum, that's where the "R" comes in. Also the 410 SS has some molybdenum in it, it's just not suited for sub-artic use as well.

jstalford
01-12-16, 21:22
All Noveske are 416r. Other than a select few that are 17-4, which you would probably have paid $1700 for just the barrel.

762X39KALASHNIKOV
01-12-16, 21:23
Ya I was doing a quick read about a interview with John Noveske back in 2008 and he said it is "pretty much like" 416R but a little different, so I'd it's a riddle for me.

jstalford
01-12-16, 21:25
What I got out of that when he said technically it's called 416R is that it had just come out at that time and wasn't a common term.

762X39KALASHNIKOV
01-12-16, 21:27
What I got out of that when he said technically it's called 416R is that it had just come out at that time and wasn't a common term.

OK well I hope I get long life out of her I have read on forums that some people have 15-30K through there barrels still shooting decent groups

TXBK
01-12-16, 21:48
I had one and it was a tack driver, without being a boat anchor. The price was right for what I got, as I find some of their offerings to be over priced. The only reason I got rid of it was a move to 6.8 for my intermediate range rig (I don't do anything over 500 yards).

I have put another 600 rounds through it, and it is still a tack driver. One of my favorites, and definitely the most accurate. Thank you, glocktogo.

glocktogo
01-13-16, 14:00
I have put another 600 rounds through it, and it is still a tack driver. One of my favorites, and definitely the most accurate. Thank you, glocktogo.

Glad you're still enjoying her! :)

762X39KALASHNIKOV
01-15-16, 12:27
Glad you're still enjoying her! :)
Just got her in she is very nice indeed waiting on my leupold Mark AR mod 1 scope and the Aero precision mount

Stickman
01-15-16, 20:31
Ya I was doing a quick read about a interview with John Noveske back in 2008 and he said it is "pretty much like" 416R but a little different, so I'd it's a riddle for me.

What John did, and what happens now are two different things. You are going to find differences between the older lineup, and the current one.

762X39KALASHNIKOV
01-15-16, 20:43
What John did, and what happens now are two different things. You are going to find differences between the older lineup, and the current one.
What do you mean

ColtSeavers
01-15-16, 21:46
What do you mean

I don't know if anyone's told you this or not, but John Noveske has passed away, awhile ago now actually.

762X39KALASHNIKOV
01-15-16, 22:05
I don't know if anyone's told you this or not, but John Noveske has passed away, awhile ago now actually.
I know that but he said it's different now? So I'd what he means in terms of there rifles

ColtSeavers
01-16-16, 09:40
I know that but he said it's different now? So I'd what he means in terms of there rifles

What he said and did before his passing may have changed since his passing. Check the specs of your rifle, whether it be by looking it up online or actually giving Noveske a call to confirm, to verify. Not saying quality has gone downhill, just that as time marches on, things can and often do change.

BufordTJustice
01-16-16, 16:02
Without saying ANYTHING bad about Noveske RW as a company (as there really isn't anything bad to say), the OP may want to look at V7 Weapons Systems. It's founded and run by Joel Allen, who used to work right along side John Noveske in the shop and designing barrels when John was alive.

V7 is making some really good barrels right now. Food for thought.

762X39KALASHNIKOV
01-28-16, 11:56
Doesn't V7 make a lot of titanium parts as well

ScottsBad
01-28-16, 12:23
You will spend several multiples the cost of a barrel on ammunition before you wear it out. Barrels are cheap compared to the ammunition. Remember if you wear the barrel out you don't have to buy a new rifle, you just pop in a new barrel.

Make sure you don't run any crap bi-metal bullets like Wolf steel case which will wear the barrel faster.

The FNG
01-29-16, 13:09
Without saying ANYTHING bad about Noveske RW as a company (as there really isn't anything bad to say), the OP may want to look at V7 Weapons Systems. It's founded and run by Joel Allen, who used to work right along side John Noveske in the shop and designing barrels when John was alive.

V7 is making some really good barrels right now. Food for thought.

I just talked to Joel the other day about his barrels. I told him about what I was looking for and my concerns. He was very patient and answered my questions thoroughly and completely. He was honest and basically said there's not much difference between his barrels and Noveske barrels. It's hard to take perfection and make it better when you've already put your heart and soul into it. However, he did say that he has made minor changes that he thinks make a big enough difference. He also mentioned that accuracy results were a touch better than Noveske and that the barrel does not require break in. Top all that off with a warranty that can't be beat. If you shoot it out, he'll replace it.

762X39KALASHNIKOV
02-08-16, 20:18
I just talked to Joel the other day about his barrels. I told him about what I was looking for and my concerns. He was very patient and answered my questions thoroughly and completely. He was honest and basically said there's not much difference between his barrels and Noveske barrels. It's hard to take perfection and make it better when you've already put your heart and soul into it. However, he did say that he has made minor changes that he thinks make a big enough difference. He also mentioned that accuracy results were a touch better than Noveske and that the barrel does not require break in. Top all that off with a warranty that can't be beat. If you shoot it out, he'll replace it.

Really? Well that is a nice warranty. Does V7 use 416R or something else? cause noveske says they use a SS like 416R but a different make up?

The FNG
02-08-16, 20:26
Really? Well that is a nice warranty. Does V7 use 416R or something else? cause noveske says they use a SS like 416R but a different make up?

I didn't ask specifically, but the site says 416R. And the warranty is straight from the horse's mouth. He wants people to know he stands behind his product.