PDA

View Full Version : How many of ya'll answer the door with a slung AR?

7.62NATO
01-13-16, 15:46
Sad case out of PA: A constable delivers an eviction notice, father opens the door with slung AR, leveling it at the constable, and constable opens fire, killing daughter.

This father made a poor choice.

Ciara Meyer stood directly behind her father as he raised a .223-caliber rifle and pointed it at the chest of a constable who'd come to serve an eviction notice at their apartment.

The constable responded with a single shot.

That bullet went through the arm of 57-year-old Donald Meyer and into his 12-year-old daughter, Ciara, killing her.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/13/us/pennsylvania-constable-shoots-girl-dead/index.html

BCmJUnKie
01-13-16, 16:05
What an asshole. He knew the constable was coming and got a rifle ready. That's premeditated in the first place however losing that beautiful child is far worse than anything the courts could throw his way.

I'm all about answering the door ready, but not with a rifle slung. That's kinda ridiculous.

Sounds like this guy was a problem child in the first place....I wonder what neighborhood it was. A picture of the house would have summed it up

HKGuns
01-13-16, 16:09
Nice way to make all gun owners look like ignorant, hillbilly idiots.

That poor little girl........

glocktogo
01-13-16, 17:02
It could be a conflicting or erroneous report, but one report I read stated that the dad initially opened the door and closed it. It was when he reopened it that he had the rifle slung and attempted to point it at the constable.

ColtSeavers
01-13-16, 17:23
Good God, that poor girl.

fallenromeo
01-13-16, 18:20
Sad story, of course CNN viewers are saying the constable should have stood down and walked away...

Yeah, I am going to just turn my back on a guy who points a loaded rifle at me. Makes sense. And what then? Just let them keep the apartment for free? Because everytime someone shows up, they just point the rifle and the other party is to just retreat every time? I don't get those idiots. If anyone ever points a gun at me, I take that as a deadly threat and will react in kind. I would never let someone point a gun at me and just assume that they are not serious and won't shoot.

austinN4
01-14-16, 05:49
Nice way to make all gun owners look like ignorant, hillbilly idiots.

Unfortunately some are, and there are probably more of them than most of us would be comfortable with.
They hurt all of us.

Firefly
01-14-16, 06:54
When "git off mah propitty" goes horribly wrong.

When you point a gun at a policeman, anything else beyond that point is not going to end well.

Hell, years back some Red Dog guys got some really bad info from a guy "working" for them. They broke in on a 92 year old black grandmother who thought she was getting robbed. She fought the 'intruders' with what I was told was some old WWII bring back pistol. She got the shit shot out of her and when the drug guys knew they messed up; planted dope and tried to say she was acting as a "holding spot".

Technically she was in her rights to be fefensive but an old grandmother with an old gun against guys in their 30s? She was toast pretty quick. They went to jail but all are out by now. This was like 10 odd years ago in ATL.

I'm all for being prepared to respond to a legit home invasion. But getting evicted is getting evicted. Sad situation all around

Eurodriver
01-14-16, 06:58
It could be a conflicting or erroneous report, but one report I read stated that the dad initially opened the door and closed it. It was when he reopened it that he had the rifle slung and attempted to point it at the constable.

Uhh...yeah. This was not a case of "poor girl got shot for her dad answering the door with a rifle".

Her dad murdered that girl.

Outlander Systems
01-14-16, 07:17
RED DOG!!!!!!

My buddy had a Condo off Edgewood, and we used to sit on his porch, and watch the nightly shitshow at a crackhouse on the other side of the gate.

Best entertainment possible.

Beer 'n BBQ, watching crackheads, and bi-weekly Red Dog unit visits.

Good times, man. Good times.

When "git off mah propitty" goes horribly wrong.

When you point a gun at a policeman, anything else beyond that point is not going to end well.

Hell, years back some Red Dog guys got some really bad info from a guy "working" for them. They broke in on a 92 year old black grandmother who thought she was getting robbed. She fought the 'intruders' with what I was told was some old WWII bring back pistol. She got the shit shot out of her and when the drug guys knew they messed up; planted dope and tried to say she was acting as a "holding spot".

Technically she was in her rights to be fefensive but an old grandmother with an old gun against guys in their 30s? She was toast pretty quick. They went to jail but all are out by now. This was like 10 odd years ago in ATL.

I'm all for being prepared to respond to a legit home invasion. But getting evicted is getting evicted. Sad situation all around

Eurodriver
01-14-16, 07:23
Kathryn Johnston - poor, old, and not too mobile so she couldn't get out of the hood. Rapes (even of old ladies!) robberies and murders were happening daily in her neighborhood so she did everything exactly right. She upgraded her doors. She kept a gun close by. She put burglar bars in. She stayed away from trouble.

...only for her to die by the police executing a no-knock raid who then tarnished her name by planting drugs. What a disgrace.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c6/Kathryn_Johnston.jpg/220px-Kathryn_Johnston.jpg

If the Black Lives Matter people want to rally against police brutality - use cases like this

Outlander Systems
01-14-16, 07:27
Indeed. That opened my eyes, big-time.

Kathryn Johnson - This isn't the subject of this thread but her story needs to be told for people who are unaware of RED DOG especially in light of today's BLM movement. She was poor, old, and not too mobile so she couldn't get out of the hood. Rapes (even of old ladies!) robberies and murders were happening daily in her neighborhood so she did everything exactly right. She upgraded her doors. She kept a gun close by. She put burglar bars in. She stayed away from trouble.

...only for her to die by the police executing a no-knock raid who then tarnished her name by planting drugs. What a disgrace.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c6/Kathryn_Johnston.jpg/220px-Kathryn_Johnston.jpg

If the Black Lives Matter people want to rally against police brutality - use cases like this

SteyrAUG
01-14-16, 17:09
Answering the door with an AR and answering the door with an AR pointed at somebody and answering the door with an AR pointed at a LEO who you knew was there to serve an eviction are three completely different things.

If I don't recognize who is at the door I answer with a SIG in my hand, out of sight of the person at the door.

7.62NATO
01-14-16, 17:57
Answering the door with an AR and answering the door with an AR pointed at somebody and answering the door with an AR pointed at a LEO who you knew was there to serve an eviction are three completely different things.

If I don't recognize who is at the door I answer with a SIG in my hand, out of sight of the person at the door.

All while obeying Cooper's Rule #2, I presume.

Have you found 18 and 20 rd. Mec-Gars to work reliably in your P226 (assuming it's a 9)?

Moose-Knuckle
01-14-16, 18:00
I'll never understand why anyone answers the door. If you know someone then they should text/call before heading over anyway.

Averageman
01-14-16, 18:04
I'll never understand why anyone answers the door. If you know someone then they should text/call before heading over anyway.

If you haven't called, the door isn't likely to be opened.
If your Hillbilly ass can't pay the rent pawn the rifle dummy.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-14-16, 18:12

Yep. My kids used to run to the door to see who it was. Now they just sit and wait for Dad to check it out. I don't recognize you, I don't answer. Considering that a lot of the breakins around my neighborhood start with front door din-dong checks before going around back to break a window to gain access, they are going to be VERY surprised when they come in.

SteyrAUG
01-14-16, 18:53
All while obeying Cooper's Rule #2, I presume.

Have you found 18 and 20 rd. Mec-Gars to work reliably in your P226 (assuming it's a 9)?

Yes, I usually have it held along the back side of my leg. No problems ever with Mec Gar 18s. For some reason the ammo rattles in the magazine but that is my only complaint.

7.62NATO
01-14-16, 19:23
Yes, I usually have it held along the back side of my leg. No problems ever with Mec Gar 18s. For some reason the ammo rattles in the magazine but that is my only complaint.

I love the P226. Eternally sexy, the way only Germans can do it.

Firefly
01-14-16, 19:38
Yeah...I actually keep my distance from drug guys. Red Dog at one point was a good idea, but well....road to hell and all that. It's been disbanded even though the highly informal appellation gets tossed around.

The key lesson to take away is you never know what will happen when you knock on a door or what you may have to live with as a result.

You'll have to live with yourself longer than anybody else.

OH58D
01-14-16, 20:30
Don't you ever just get sick of hearing stories like this? A totally senseless loss of life caused by an incompetent parent. That piece of shit needs to be locked up for a long time for causing the situation that killed his little girl. Is the whole world just going to Hell? Thank God I live in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes it would be nice just to disconnect from the modern world and detach from everything. Not realistic but a fanciful thought.

SteyrAUG
01-14-16, 21:10
I love the P226. Eternally sexy, the way only Germans can do it.

Actually it's a Swiss design. The Swiss partnered with JP Sauer in Germany for production because of Swiss neutrality laws and how they relate to firearm exports. Eventually the German company would become the sole owner of the SIG Sauer line.

glocktogo
01-14-16, 23:53
Don't you ever just get sick of hearing stories like this? A totally senseless loss of life caused by an incompetent parent. That piece of shit needs to be locked up for a long time for causing the situation that killed his little girl. Is the whole world just going to Hell? Thank God I live in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes it would be nice just to disconnect from the modern world and detach from everything. Not realistic but a fanciful thought.

Yep, felony murder rule his ass. :(