PDA

View Full Version : Coming Summer 2016: MOE SL-S Carbine Stock

Dozer
01-14-16, 15:52
Coming Summer 2016: Magpul MOE SL-S Carbine Stock (http://www.magpul.com/products/moe-sl-s-carbine-stock-mil-spec)
http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG653/MAG653-Hero.jpg&Width=1200&Height=700&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Crop=5

The storage-capable version of the flagship Magpul MOE SL™ carbine stock, the MOE SL-S (Storage) Stock is a direct replacement buttstock for AR15/M4 carbines. The sleek profile, dual-side release latches, and waterproof battery tubes make it the slimmest storage tube stock available. The SL-S provides an enhanced cheek weld and true, O-ring sealed, 10m waterproof storage area desired by many, but fits it into the narrowest package possible to allow a more upright head position and minimize bulk. A rolled toe and angled rubber butt-pad are optimized for use with body armor, and an ambidextrous QD sling swivel socket is included. A unique leaf-spring tension system provides a solid fit on mil-spec receiver extensions, with slightly less friction than the original SL. The MOE SL-S is the most intuitive, comfortable, and efficient storage stock available.

FEATURES:
* Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, LMT, Ruger, S&W, SIG, and others (please see the note below)

* Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock

Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via hand-removable, o-ringed rubber plugs that are waterproof to 10 meters

* Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort

* Dual-side release latch provides easy adjustment while remaining anti-snag

* Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life

* Internal anti-rattle leaf spring minimizes wobble on receiver extension tube

* Rubber butt-pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection

* Rollover on the toe allows for easier shoulder transitions and better fit when using body armor

* Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments

* Sling Mounts

Rear – Integral push-button QD swivel sling mount accommodates up to 1.5" swivels (ambidextrous)
Rear/Bottom - 1.25" sling loops

NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. The MOE SL-S will only fit with the common mil-spec tube.

Learn more at Magpul MOE SL-S Carbine Stock (http://www.magpul.com/products/moe-sl-s-carbine-stock-mil-spec)

Made in U.S.A.

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG653/Single/MAG653-Single-1.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=950&Height=450&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG653/Double/MAG653-double-1.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG653/Double/MAG653-double-2.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG653/Double/MAG653-double-3.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG653/Double/MAG653-double-4.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG653/Double/MAG653-double-5.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXXLG7PyR-8

556BlackRifle
01-14-16, 17:09
Damn.... That looks fantastic. Guess I'll have to build another. :) Gonna be a lot to talk about at SHOT. :)

Eurodriver
01-14-16, 17:15
I need to get off this forum.

It's amazing what some molded polymer will do to one's 5 year plan.

KingsideRook
01-14-16, 17:32
There's another 3 STR stocks to upgrade. You're killing me here...

Brahmzy
01-14-16, 18:27
^^ Serious - does this obsolete the STRs? Sure looks like it.

Awesome freakin stock, BTW. :)

Brahmzy
01-14-16, 18:30
WHY OH WHY don't the SL-Ks come with built-in QDs? I have two and love them, but now I've gotta buy some MLOK/QD nonsense.

BoringGuy45
01-14-16, 20:17
Aw shit. I just got a MOE-SL. Now I'm going to have to upgrade again. Magpul, you're draining my wallet.

Firefly
01-14-16, 20:30
Magpul is a hell of a drug

Eurodriver
01-14-16, 20:31
Old Magpul stocks are already flooding the EE.

Serious. Haha.

Uprange41
01-14-16, 20:32
Aw shit. I just got a MOE-SL. Now I'm going to have to upgrade again. Magpul, you're draining my wallet.

Just stick an OEM1 inside it.

tonyxcom
01-14-16, 20:32
"Summer 2016"

cbx
01-15-16, 08:13
Old Magpul stocks are already flooding the EE.

Serious. Haha.
I'm totally ok with 15 and 20 dollar ctr stocks floating around

Berserkr556
01-15-16, 08:18
I like it and will be test driving one as soon as they're available. Keep up the good work Magpul and thank you.

Fatorangecat
01-15-16, 08:30
I literally just ditched my STR for an MOE SL last week and now.....

Brahmzy
01-15-16, 08:39
I literally just ditched my STR for an MOE SL last week and now.....

I just did that THIS week! The SL isn't even here yet, lol.
Thing is I don't need the storage, I was doing the STR for the cheek weld and lockup. Neither of those should be an issue with the SL, I hope.

As far as the CTR goes, that thing is still a timeless design from Magpul. Lightweight, insanely tight lockup etc. It's usefulness unchallenged. Only to be obsoleted because of its crows feet and saggy boobs...

Fatorangecat
01-15-16, 08:48
Exact same thing here, I don't use the storage with the STR but wanted the cheekweld. I went with the SL to get behind the optic better prone. This MOE-SL-S looks like the perfect compromise between the two. Lockup on my MOE-SL is rock solid.

TheNegativeOne
01-15-16, 09:34
Good. My favorite is the ctr, i hope this makes them drop in price.

K1tt3n5
01-15-16, 09:42
Daddy like.

uniform64
01-15-16, 21:17
Will this collapse on a 6 position A5-RE 10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parachute Pants
01-15-16, 21:42
I'd buy this.

Brahmzy
01-15-16, 21:50

Judging from the length, I'd say yes.

masakari
01-15-16, 22:26

Every stock will. The real question is how it will do on a 7 position VLTOR or 8 position BCM A5 tube.

RichFitz
01-15-16, 23:57
Every stock will. The real question is how it will do on a 7 position VLTOR or 8 position BCM A5 tube.

It was designed to fully collapse on a Vltor A5 tube length. That was point 2 on the video I believe.

Vegas
01-16-16, 00:25
Looks like some winning features to me. A5 lock up is notable for me. I just used an SL for my last build which I really like despite not being sure I would. High likelihood I'll do the switch to this.

crazynova
01-16-16, 03:01
Am I the only person that feels like this a BCM stock? Magpul doesn't feel very innovative lately.

RichFitz
01-16-16, 13:02
Am I the only person that feels like this a BCM stock? Magpul doesn't feel very innovative lately.

Hmm if I am interpreting your grammar correctly then you think the MOE SL-S looks like a BCM stock.

The SL-S is based upon the MOE SL stock (which it looks like). As the MOE SL itself was both publicly shown and shipping before the BCM stock then it really would be a question of who was copying whom.

Our view is the MOE SL and BCM share a similar basic silhouette but placed next to each other the stocks look very different and any design similarities are due to the limited number of ways an AR15 carbine stock can be shaped.

All this is confirmed by the fact that the Magpul and BCM stocks share almost nothing in common in either the design, materials or manufacturing.

JoshNC
01-16-16, 13:08

It looks nothing like the BCM stock. It looks to me like the MOE-SL and SOPMOD had a love child. I like it.

vicious_cb
01-16-16, 13:32
Looks great! Any idea how the cheek rest compares to the ACS-L and STR?

RichFitz
01-16-16, 14:50
Looks great! Any idea how the cheek rest compares to the ACS-L and STR?

It is much thinner than the ACS/STR. Look at the profile animation in point 1 of the video (that is an STR we start with)

uniform64
01-16-16, 16:55
I understand. But the length on the rail where the holes are are different. The tube length is the same. I'm wondering if the 6 position tube will prevent it from fully closing.

It was designed to fully collapse on a Vltor A5 tube length. That was point 2 on the video I believe.

crazynova
01-18-16, 00:21
Hmm if I am interpreting your grammar correctly then you think the MOE SL-S looks like a BCM stock.

The SL-S is based upon the MOE SL stock (which it looks like). As the MOE SL itself was both publicly shown and shipping before the BCM stock then it really would be a question of who was copying whom.

Our view is the MOE SL and BCM share a similar basic silhouette but placed next to each other the stocks look very different and any design similarities are due to the limited number of ways an AR15 carbine stock can be shaped.

All this is confirmed by the fact that the Magpul and BCM stocks share almost nothing in common in either the design, materials or manufacturing.

Fair enough. The industry is getting to a point where most new products have at least a passing resemblance to something already on the market I guess.

Jesse H
01-18-16, 00:30
I just did that THIS week! The SL isn't even here yet, lol.
As far as the CTR goes, that thing is still a timeless design from Magpul. Lightweight, insanely tight lockup etc. It's usefulness unchallenged. Only to be obsoleted because of its crows feet and saggy boobs...

I almost replaced a CTR for something with storage options, then I realized the Magpul grip is good enough for spare batteries.

JoshNC
01-18-16, 11:32
Only to be obsoleted because of its crows feet and saggy boobs...

Nothing a little Botox and implants/lift won't fix....:cool:

Biggy
12-14-16, 12:27
FYI, the black MOE SL-S carbine stocks started shipping yesterday. Other colors a little later.

contax_shooter
12-14-16, 12:37
A little heavy in this contemporary market.

nightchief
12-14-16, 12:43
Perhaps the UBR and PRS are closely behind