PDA

View Full Version : Buiding on Mega or buying complete BCM lower

praythenspray
01-15-16, 07:40
Like the title states. Going to start a new build. Since I am set up for reloading now, it will be ran hard and put up wet so I am going for a better lower than what is on my current beater which is an RRA.

I have read that the MEGA gator lowers are gtg(still accurate?) and was debating about snagging one up. I have also been looking at the complete blemed BCM lowers from GandRtactical(whenever they get back in stock). If bought, the MEGA will be built with a Lpk and a A5 stock kit both from Bravo. I already have the A5 kit so I would put it on the Bravo lower if I buy that instead.

Having owned various BCM products, I know that their products are well made with excellent QC. However, I can get into the MEGA a little cheaper(and frankly its fun to build ARs anyway) but I am curious about the side by side comparison versus the quality of a Bravo lower. Can anybody who has handled/built on both give me their opinion on the matter?

P.S. I know this is another one of my posts that is crossing into the border of already posted and thoroughly hashed out subject matters. Not trying to be "that guy", I just tend to have very specific questions that I would like to ask so I create new posts because I cannot find an specific answer after searching this site. Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed some light for me.

Brahmzy
01-15-16, 07:49
MEGA is still GTG - the best.

7.62NATO
01-15-16, 08:00
BCM, specifically a blem complete lower - built to be run hard and put up wet.

Berserkr556
01-15-16, 08:47
I'd say go BCM. Grant has 3 different Blem lowers as well as the standard lower in stock.

MegademiC
01-15-16, 09:10
As someone who built on a mega, I'd suggest a bcm blem lower. You already have a rifle, and assuming know how everything works together, just buy complete and be done with it, and know it's built right after checking it over, and testing it.

That said, my mega is great.

pstk5088
01-15-16, 10:02
I've got several of each, and you really can't go wrong with either. I would have to say the Mega gators have incredibly nice fit and finish, although the deals I've seen lately for the BCM blems make me want another. Go with the BCM, I think I saw somewhere that the lowers now come with the coated trigger too, makes it an even better deal.

fallenromeo
01-15-16, 12:15
as others have said, both Mega and BCM are gtg. You really can't go wrong with either of them. That said, I would go with whatever you can get cheapest since they will both handle whatever you can throw at them.

jstalford
01-15-16, 12:55
I'd say go BCM. Grant has 3 different Blem lowers as well as the standard lower in stock.

They're not actually in stock. He does not have live inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfhound86
01-15-16, 13:18
Just got a complete BCM lower $400 shipped from rainierarms

Vegas
01-15-16, 13:41
Flip a coin imo or figure if you want to spend the extra money on the bcm.

Snake Plissken
01-15-16, 23:28
Any reason not to assemble your own? What do you expect to be different than a $40 Anderson lower?

Leuthas
01-15-16, 23:35
Any reason not to assemble your own? What do you expect to be different than a $40 Anderson lower?

You pose an old and worn out question, which has been extensively discussed here on M4C. From Anderson specifically, you can expect poor quality control.

Sean W.
01-15-16, 23:46

Buying an Anderson involves certain risk like getting an out of spec lower that could cause walking pins, crooked trigger pins, and having the lower not function correctly causing problems with the whole rifle. I rather have a factory assembled lower than assembling it myself because I know a company like Colt, BCM, and LMT know how to assemble one correctly, not some guy on youtube.

Topic: Get a complete BCM lower because of reasons above, Mega makes a great lower and if I was into building AR's I'd stick to Mega on all my build because of tight tolerances and quality QC.

Tigereye
01-16-16, 06:06
Either choice is a good one. I think it just depends on whether you want to build it or buy it complete.

sasage
01-16-16, 06:08
Primary has sales on BCM lowers from time to time.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk