PDA

View Full Version : Growing number of police chiefs, sheriffs join call to arms

Amp Mangum
01-15-16, 12:40
“I want as many law-abiding citizens to arm themselves in this county as we can get."

- Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/15/growing-number-police-chiefs-sheriffs-join-call-to-arms.html

It's Florida Sheriff Grady Judd's duty to protect the citizens of Polk County -- but he figures it's their job, too.

One of a growing number of rural and big-city law enforcement officials who openly encourages responsible gun ownership, Judd believes guns allow citizens to defend themselves when police cannot.
“If you are foolish enough to break into someone’s home, you can expect to be shot in Polk County,” Judd said in a statement after a homeowner shot a would-be home invader earlier this month. “It’s more important to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone."

RazorBurn
01-15-16, 12:45
I love seeing articles like this. I'm sure CNN will run one that is the exact opposite though....

Doc Safari
01-15-16, 13:06
My hope is that law enforcement is starting to "get it" that armed citizens are on their side and are actually a deterrent to crime. I've seen too much "us versus them" attitude among LEO's over the years, and the militarization of the police forces hasn't helped any. Maybe the "good" side effect of something as awful as terrorism finally brings cops and the public together in cooperation instead of separated by suspicion.

platoonDaddy
01-15-16, 14:51
Neighbor is DEA and I asked him why many law enforcement agencies are advising citizens to obtain their CCW and he said oldMan they are here. He went onto say, anytime he leaves the house he now carries. I said we (Maryland) can't carry legally, therefore you owe it to us.

Moose-Knuckle
01-15-16, 17:09
I would like to see someone win the White House who will create a tax credit for firearm/ammo/NFA purchases.

"Fight crime with fire superiority!"

Moose-Knuckle
01-15-16, 17:12
Neighbor is DEA and I asked him why many law enforcement agencies are advising citizens to obtain their CCW and he said oldMan they are here.

What did he mean by "they are here", nacros?