PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Load out bag question

Jack
10-06-06, 10:44
Lads,

Am currently on a team that deploys nation wide and needs to have a bag packed with all sorts of gear and mission essential items. Been tossing around the eagle NATO loud out bag or the Sigma with M4 insert but silly enough can't seem to decide which one will fit my needs better as they seem to have similar load capacities. Also, not sure how secure the Sigma would be if packing an M4 and sending in as checked baggage for air travel.

I would appreciate some thoughts and help making up my mind as I have toiled over this for two days now and need to make a choice soon.

Thanks in advance and be safe all,

Jack

eggroll
10-06-06, 11:42
Jack
you would be better off using a Lockable, opaque HARD case like a Hardigg or Pelican for weapon transport vice a softbag for interstate/national travel.

E

Jack
10-06-06, 12:03
E,

I agree with you on the hard case for the weapons, at least while traveling by air. I'm really just trying to cut down on the amount of baggage I have to carry. Strangely enough, as the "new guy" excitement faded away into routine so to speak, all the crap I carry began to get heavier and heavier..

Thanks for the input.

Treehopr
10-06-06, 16:23
Jack,

I've had an Eagle LOB for a couple of years now and taken it on several trips including one to the sandbox.

I like the shoulder straps that allow you to carry it as a ruck. Large enough that I can pack almost everything I need. Typical Eagle quality and have not had any problems yet. The shoulder strap is optional but allows you to carry it as a duffel.

It is my default gear luggage.

Hope this helps.

MEANGREEN
10-09-06, 23:30
Have you considered the new Eagle TREC Bag?

http://skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=573

Jack
10-10-06, 10:48
Meangreen,

I have considered the trek bag and must say it would be awesome to have but for the moment it is alot of cheddar as I find I need to supplement a fair amount of kit if I want something that is functional and comfortable.

I did finally decide on the Eagle load out bag and can't wait till it comes in the mail..

Thanks so much for your input.. It's appreciated.

Be Safe