PDA

View Full Version : Every Once In Awhile Florida Does Something Really Cool...

SteyrAUG
01-16-16, 04:04
Like give me "ninja weather."

Dark night, heavy fog, wet but not cold.

http://i67.tinypic.com/1z5m2v8.jpg

When I was a kid, nights like this were amazing. You really did become a ghost. And generally nobody else wanted to be outside in it, it was like you owned the planet.

Even security lights could only penetrate the black to a certain extent.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2wprvjb.jpg

Leuthas
01-16-16, 06:15
Looks like an average night to me.

Then again, a thick fog around here will have you bending over to see the door knob.

M&P15T
01-16-16, 08:31
Nothing better than cool weather. Having moved form Michigan to NoVa, I'm dying for a real snow-storm. Part of it is just to break the monotony of boring day-to-day life, to have something to do that's new and interesting. I'd love a serious snow & ice storm that brings the area to a stop, knocks out power for a few days.

7.62NATO
01-16-16, 10:45
Nothing better than cool weather. Having moved form Michigan to NoVa, I'm dying for a real snow-storm. Part of it is just to break the monotony of boring day-to-day life, to have something to do that's new and interesting. I'd love a serious snow & ice storm that brings the area to a stop, knocks out power for a few days.

Ive heard life stops in the Mid Atlantic if there's any ice or snow on the road.

SteyrAUG
01-16-16, 15:36
Looks like an average night to me.

Then again, a thick fog around here will have you bending over to see the door knob.

I probably couldn't do Washington State. Driving on the roads is already a roller coaster, hate to see them with ice. Wouldn't want to drive with thick fog on top of that. And then there is the whole Mt. Rainier is eventually going to kill everyone thing.

Firefly
01-16-16, 18:53
I remember when it was Friday the 13th on a Full moon. They said it won't happen again for a few decades or somesuch.

I went out, tried to take cellphone pictures (which got deleted by accident).

I stopped off by the lake where there weren't many lights. It had a real 80s horror movie feel.

So I feel you.

SteyrAUG
01-16-16, 21:02
I remember when it was Friday the 13th on a Full moon. They said it won't happen again for a few decades or somesuch.

I went out, tried to take cellphone pictures (which got deleted by accident).

I stopped off by the lake where there weren't many lights. It had a real 80s horror movie feel.

So I feel you.

Yeah...you get me.

Mr blasty
01-16-16, 22:42

Went ice climbing today here in Minnesota. It was -8*F.

Leuthas
01-16-16, 23:11
I probably couldn't do Washington State. Driving on the roads is already a roller coaster, hate to see them with ice. Wouldn't want to drive with thick fog on top of that. And then there is the whole Mt. Rainier is eventually going to kill everyone thing.

I'm moving out to Tennessee this year. I look forward to flat earth, few trees and fewer Californians.

SteyrAUG
01-17-16, 00:36
I'm moving out to Tennessee this year. I look forward to flat earth, few trees and fewer Californians.

LOL. Depending where you end up, Tennessee ain't exactly flat. I always thought Washington was a beautiful state, but I wouldn't want to live there.

cop1211
01-17-16, 01:41
I've lived in Florida for the past 21 years, came down from Pittsburgh. For the first 5 years I loved it, but slowly but surely I've grown to dislike it. Tired of the heat, and humidity, basically no changes in the seasons.
It also seems every loser, drug addict ,low life, or criminal east of the Mississippi moves to Florida at some time in their life, thinking that by moving to Florida because its the land of sun,beaches, and Disney somehow their loser life will magically change and become better. It doesn't change their life, its just brings their crap here.
The drugs, and crime, is disgusting.

I'd love to move to rural Washington, Idaho, or Tennessee/Kentucky.

Moose-Knuckle
01-17-16, 02:30
Excerpts from The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle . . .

Sherlock Holmes: "It is fortunate for the community that I am not a criminal."

Sherlock Holmes: [Staring at the fog through his window] "It's a real pea souper!"

Sherlock Holmes: [Musing about the fog] "The London criminal is certainly a *dull* fellow. The thief or the murderer could roam London on a day like this as the tiger does the jungle, unseen until he pounces, and then evident only to his victim."

Mr blasty
01-17-16, 15:23
I've lived in Florida for the past 21 years, came down from Pittsburgh. For the first 5 years I loved it, but slowly but surely I've grown to dislike it. Tired of the heat, and humidity, basically no changes in the seasons.
It also seems every loser, drug addict ,low life, or criminal east of the Mississippi moves to Florida at some time in their life, thinking that by moving to Florida because its the land of sun,beaches, and Disney somehow their loser life will magically change and become better. It doesn't change their life, its just brings their crap here.
The drugs, and crime, is disgusting.

I'd love to move to rural Washington, Idaho, or Tennessee/Kentucky.

Pretty much the exact reasons I can't stand that swampy shit hole. I lived there for a year at one point and don't really care to go back.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

ramairthree
01-17-16, 15:29
Darkest place in the world to me has always been FOB Salerno.

I have lived in 7 states,
Went to or passed through the rest,
Spent significant time in about a dozen countries,
And been in and out of every FOB in OIF and OEF,

And maybe it's just subjective,
But I found Salerno to be pitch black blind dark most nights.

223to45
01-17-16, 15:50
LOL. Depending where you end up, Tennessee ain't exactly flat. I always thought Washington was a beautiful state, but I wouldn't want to live there.
It is not as bad as some areas

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk