PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make a bobtail rail gun

cfoecke
01-16-16, 18:36
I'm wondering if anyone makes a reasonably priced (under $1500) 1911 with a lower rail and a bobtail from factory. Everything I've been able to find only has one or the other.

glock21xxx
01-16-16, 21:07
LOL LOL

cfoecke
01-16-16, 22:07
I believe Sig & Kimber make one ... Both are less than desirable quality
Neither do and I'm open to suggestions with in a reasonable price.

glock21xxx
01-16-16, 22:31
Neither do and I'm open to suggestions with in a reasonable price.

Hmmmm, you sure??37136

Mr blasty
01-16-16, 22:36
I know many don't care for the Sig 1911's and I know Sig isn't what they used to be, but I've got a couple hardcore 1911 friends who are actual shooters and run there gear who swear by there Sig's. They love them.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

cfoecke
01-16-16, 23:40
Hmmmm, you sure??37136
Post a link or some other useful information or stop clogging up the thread thinking your funny. I posted this for help not bad jokes.

jbjh
01-17-16, 00:00
Springfield will do it thru the custom shop. $225+refinishing

Sent from 80ms in the future
Jimmy

Ttwwaack
01-17-16, 18:56
G21, Dat ain't no 1911...

OP, beside the Sig offerring (Ahem... w/external extractor) you best bet is finding one in the configuration of your liking and converting it to a bobtail. A stainless steel frame would be the most painless $. If you have skills and access to a blast cabinet it could be done pretty easily.

Note: Not bashing Sig, at least they got it right. Never saw the need for an external equiped pistol, mine run just fine.

PCFIVEZ
01-26-16, 01:09
I'm wondering if anyone makes a reasonably priced (under $1500) 1911 with a lower rail and a bobtail from factory. Everything I've been able to find only has one or the other.

depending on what you decide to throw on it, you can keep your price down under $1500 with one of these...only you can make a firearm exactly the way you want it.

http://1911builders.com/collections/frames/products/copy-of-1911-80-7075-billet-aluminum-frame-with-rail

cfoecke
01-26-16, 02:40
depending on what you decide to throw on it, you can keep your price down under $1500 with one of these...only you can make a firearm exactly the way you want it.

http://1911builders.com/collections/frames/products/copy-of-1911-80-7075-billet-aluminum-frame-with-rail
I saw those, does anyone know how much would it cost (ballpark) to have a smith finish the frame and transfer the parts over from a complete gun? I'm not qualified

PCFIVEZ
01-26-16, 02:48
I saw those, does anyone know how much would it cost (ballpark) to have a smith finish the frame and transfer the parts over from a complete gun? I'm not qualified

if you do this yourself, the cost will be low. if you get a smith, it'll cost you. all that really needs to be done are the rails, a deck job and a couple holes. I started on one, now im working on my seventh or eighth 1911 / 2011 right now. it gets highly addicting and the more you do, the better you get at it.

heres a small sample of what ive done. they were all sub $1000 in parts with some bargaining skills. none of them are bobtails but they do have the rails. my round heel commander is in the works. no rail on that one since it has crimson trace grips.

cfoecke
01-26-16, 03:13
if you do this yourself, the cost will be low. if you get a smith, it'll cost you. all that really needs to be done are the rails, a deck job and a couple holes. I started on one, now im working on my seventh or eighth 1911 / 2011 right now. it gets highly addicting and the more you do, the better you get at it.

heres a small sample of what ive done. they were all sub $1000 in parts with some bargaining skills. none of them are bobtails but they do have the rails. my round heel commander is in the works. no rail on that one since it has crimson trace grips.

I'm aware that it won't be cheap per say but the only power tool I currently own is a hand drill and as I'm not yet a home owner any milling equipment won't happen for some time.
Nice looking group though I'm digging the far right

PCFIVEZ
01-26-16, 03:35
I'm aware that it won't be cheap per say but the only power tool I currently own is a hand drill and as I'm not yet a home owner any milling equipment won't happen for some time.
Nice looking group though I'm digging the far right

technically, all you need is either a hand drill or a drill press ($80 at harbor freight) and a rail jig from matrix precision ($100) as far as tooling is concerned. you can do the deck job with a belt sander ($60 at harbor freight) or hand file and calipers ($12 at harbor freight).

those tools will last you for a ton of builds...including the new spectre glock frame coming out soon.

PCFIVEZ
01-26-16, 03:43
2011 26rd 9mm

cost was also under $650.

just a run of the mill 1911 with stealth arms frame sarco parts and wilson combat barrel (around $500).

like I said, nobody will ever build the perfect firearm for you except...you. I just threw these pics in to explain its easier than it sounds and looks if you have patience.
I hope you find what you're looking for and good luck.

Simplemind
02-01-16, 17:32
Too many hours on the road, ignore any comments made by me..

jstalford
02-01-16, 18:21
The rail is on the frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk