PDA

View Full Version : ? On CZ 75D compact

ralph
01-17-16, 15:03
Got one in a trade yesterday, pistol is/was NIB, has decocker. (I put about 200rnds through it) The problem I'm having is the trigger, I'm getting trigger/slap/bite. It broke the skin on the bottom of my trigger finger, and now I probably won't be able to shoot a DA/SA pistol for awhile, until this heals up. Anyway, what can be done about it? I've read CZ custom will replace the trigger with a older style 85c trigger, that has less of a curve, and that supposed to stop it. Price for this work is reasonable. The trigger that came in it is grooved, and is a recurve trigger. Frankly, I hate it. otherwise this pistol shows a lot of promise in the accuracy dept., as well as the reliability dept. (It was throwing empty's out with enough force that they'd bounce off the wall of the stall I was shooting in, and hitting me) So those of you who may of had this problem what did you do? I'm not wanting to dump a bunch of money into it, I'm thinking replacing the trigger, and sights, and that's about it.. Suggestions?

m4brian
01-17-16, 15:23
Sounds like a PCR. http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-d-pcr-compact-black-alloy-9mm-14-rd-mags/ gun, and plenty small lightweight and accurate - and yes, the recurved trigger is a terrible feature of this line - they mess up the P01 in the same way. Switching it out would be good. IF you found one with a good trigger - good for you! If not, CZ Custom can do a great job on it. A PCR with a good trigger job would be a thing to behold. I always preferred the safety models and was frustrated with CZ because they never imported a regular production alloy frame gun with manual safety. They are much easier to work on - but if you don't disassemble the sear cage, I think you can do your own trigger job on the PCR.

Old trigger: http://cajungunworks.com/product/75585-85c-old-style-trigger/

Lots of parts:

http://czcustom.com/CZ-Factory-Parts.aspx

If you are throwing empties too far, a stiffer recoil spring may be in order. I STILL may try one of these guns again someday. One criticism. For whatever reason, CZ has a real problem putting out a SMOOTH DA like they did in the 70s with the CZ 75. My PReB is like butter. Modern guns generally are NOT like this. That is my MAIN problem with them. Also, the SA can be gritty - but also can get pretty nice over time.

ralph
01-17-16, 15:42
m4brian;
Thanks, I've been oogling CZ custom's site, I think I'm going to give them a call tomorrow (if they're open) and see what they have to say. The DA pull on this one isn't bad, stiff, but not gritty. It's useable as is, I actually like it. The SA pull seems to have a rolling break,( kinda like a Glock) that I can easily deal with. I think it'll improve with use. Yes, looking on the box, it says it's a PCR. I don't think the recoil spring is needed, I was surprised that it was flinging the emptys with vigor.. Comparing it side by side with my G19 I'm shocked that it's damn near identical in size. Are there any known problems with these? Other than complaints about the trigger, and people commenting on how they're kinda hard to find right now, I can't find much..

m4brian
01-17-16, 16:44
No real problems. IF you ever get FTE's, it will be the extractor spring. Get a stout one from Wolff, knock out the pin, clean the slot, insert, repin, and move on. Excellent DA/SA guns, because they conceal VERY well - excellent carry profile with the slim muzzle end. You might try a 16 LB hammer spring. I would NOT go lower than this. Also - these will shoot nicely with the Kadet Kit - the SUPERB .22 LR kit that CZ has.

CGW is also VERy reputable, and great folks. They have a more aggressive approach with springs and extended firing pins. It provides a crazy light DA.

I like to stay close to stock, because reducing springs also does stuff to slide velocity, etc.

1986s4
01-18-16, 09:15
I had a PCR years ago, before they put that accursed recurve trigger on it. One of the few I regret selling. Perfect size, light, easy recoil and 100% reliable.