PDA

View Full Version : New Revolver in town: Kimber K6. 6 Shot 357

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-17-16, 20:47
Allright, I am intrigued. Get me some boot gripped laser grips and I'll try it out.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll7/FineLine/delete_zpshlekczis.png

KIMBER HAS EVOLVED THE REVOLVER

The K6s™ revolver brings an unmatched level of performance and shootability to concealed carry.

With the smallest cylinder capable of holding 6 rounds of .357 Magnum (also compatible with .38 Special), K6s compact revolvers are ideal for back-up, concealed carry and home defense.

The Kimber K6s’ small frame, two-inch barrel and 1.39 inch diameter cylinder are machined from the finest stainless steel for superior integrity, strength, and resistance to the elements. The Kimber K6s offers other important design features, such as: a smooth match-grade trigger that creates confidence while helps ensure accuracy; an internal hammer and edges that are rounded and blended to help prevent a hang up when the revolver is removed from concealment; superior ergonomics and grip design that creates an extremely shooter-friendly experience; and an all stainless steel construction weighing in at 23 ounces.

For those who require a small package with mild recoil, K6s provides the power needed for concealed carry, home protection and many other applications. Best off all, they offer unequaled Kimber quality, dependability and performance.

Let Kimber re-introduce you to the revolver.

Wildcat
01-19-16, 15:27
Kimber seems to be channeling Ruger, sorta....except that the Kimber uses a sideplate.......and recessed chambers???

RIDE
01-19-16, 15:30
I'm interested... I've been looking for a snub-nosed wheel gun, I may give this a try (if' it's in the wild soon-ish).

Great pics here:

http://www.guns.com/2016/01/18/kimber-enters-wheelgun-market-drops-k6s-snub-nose-revolver-8-photos/

TomMcC
01-19-16, 16:02
Mild recoil with magnums? Hmmm. 9 hundy retail, maybe 6 street price. Be that as it may, it's still interesting.

T2C
01-19-16, 16:37
Kimber has my attention.

Spiffums
01-19-16, 16:54
Detective Special size 357 mag....not that I have a need for a snubby but that does make the heart beat a little faster.

anachronism
01-19-16, 18:36
I was really hoping for something kind of um... Pythonesque. This is interesting, but not fascinating.

SeriousStudent
01-19-16, 19:07
Just have Smith and Wesson issue a 3" K frame .357 in stainless steel with a round butt, DAO with no MIM parts. They could sell it for $700 and make a killing.

teutonicpolymer
01-19-16, 19:20
I doubt S&W will ever do that nor will they phase out the locks (which is a much bigger problem than MIM to me) like they said several years ago.

If these don't have internal locks and are well made then I want one. They look like they have the DNA of the perfect carry revolver, or close to it (maybe a full length ejector would be better).

SeriousStudent
01-19-16, 19:35
I hate that moronic lock with the passionate heat of a thousand burning suns.

I'd pay fifty bucks just to stand in line for a chance to punch the guy that invented it right in the junk.

RIDE
01-19-16, 21:05
I hate that moronic lock with the passionate heat of a thousand burning suns.

I'd pay fifty bucks just to stand in line for a chance to punch the guy that invented it right in the junk.

So do you like the locks or not?

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeriousStudent
01-19-16, 21:52
Hmmmm, let me think.

No.

bigghoss
01-20-16, 04:49
I'm digging the K6.

I hate internal locks too. But at least the S&W locks can be removed.

Talon167
01-20-16, 07:39
Looks like they're trying to reinvent the wheel [gun].

Ttwwaack
01-20-16, 07:41
SS, yea, S&W 10, 13, 64, or 65, RB grips, smooth rounded trigger, semi bobbed hammer, chopped to 3" with a 1911 dovetail front nightsight and improved parkerized rear sight and I'm there. Kimber's example appears to be SP101ish.

Post 10 :haha:

pinzgauer
01-20-16, 08:40
SS, yea, S&W 10, 13, 64, or 65, RB grips, smooth rounded trigger, semi bobbed hammer, chopped to 3" with a 1911 dovetail front nightsight and improved parkerized rear sight and I'm there. Kimber's example appears to be SP101ish.

Post 10 :haha:

I'd buy a 65-4 tomorrow if available new and made without locks. Never really understood why the 64 is so common and the 65 hard to find.

teutonicpolymer
01-22-16, 15:33
I'm digging the K6.

I hate internal locks too. But at least the S&W locks can be removed.

They still look ugly

TomD
01-22-16, 20:25
Really a nice revolver BUT for the listed MSRP, I'd get two Ruger LCRs and have change for a beer or two!

BillSWPA
01-23-16, 07:57
It has been a long time since I carried a revolver, but if I still did, this would be seriously considered.

C4IGrant
01-23-16, 10:10
Handled these at shot. Nice trigger on them. The cylinder release will cause problems for people that belly carry this gun I think.

C4

Sam
01-23-16, 11:36
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/kimber-rev.jpeg

I have mixed feelings about this gun. I don't think it will replace my S&W 640 (.357 - 5 shots) or my 65 - 3" (.357 - 6 shots).

teutonicpolymer
01-23-16, 13:03
Handled these at shot. Nice trigger on them. The cylinder release will cause problems for people that belly carry this gun I think.

C4

How is it compared to a ruger cylinder release?

ralph
01-25-16, 22:01
I'll have to give Kimber credit... It looks well thought out, and well made. Still I wouldn't be a early adopter, Kimber has had a past history of polishing turds and sending them out..(remember the external extractors on 1911's?) And, since Kimber has no known experience building revolvers, (At least that I'm aware of) I'd give this a year or so and see what shakes out... I'm not saying it's a bad pistol, I'm just a little wary of anything new put out by a company that never made anything like it before.. Who knows, It may be a damn good snubby right out of the box..

TiroFijo
01-27-16, 10:49
I made the mistake to look at it and now my eyes are bleeding...

anachronism
01-27-16, 19:06
It does nothing for me either. I don't like the lines of the gun at all.

dmaxfireman
01-27-16, 19:44

C4

How does the trigger compare to the LCR? Is the cylinder release that much different than the LCR?

samuse
01-28-16, 12:47
Man that thing is ugly.

I wouldn't trust Kimber to make a functional anything. Damn sure not a revolver.

oldtexan
01-28-16, 21:11
I've had poor experience with Kimber autos in the past, but I'm not pre-judging this gun. I'll be watching it to see what kind of reputation it is gaining among those whose opinions I value about a year or so after it gets into general release.

As I age, I seem to see more and more folks interested in a decent small size medium weight revolver, and all other things being equal, six is better than five.

Drifting Fate
01-28-16, 21:41
Agreed it will have to prove itself - but so should any carry pistol. People love to hate Kimber, probably more than is warranted (said as someone who currently owns Kimbers, but has also sold off their fair share of Kimbers.)

Grant Cunningham was supposedly involved in this, so hopefully that pays some dividends if they listened to him.

skimbleshanks
03-11-16, 02:23
Interested. Wish it had an external hammer.

ColtSeavers
03-12-16, 02:07
This will not be joining my stable of revolvers.

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-29-18, 22:25
Has anybody put any real rounds down range yet?

LockenLoad
01-31-18, 16:27
Has anybody put any real rounds down range yet?

200 no issues so far 40 of 357 magnum, 160 of 38 special, softer shooting than the 340 J-frame I had

cpoth
03-16-19, 15:11
Are there any further data points or reviews on this revolver from first hand experience here?

I am interested in it for several reasons though admittedly have little revolver experience. I do have a willing retired LEO and current law enforcement instructor with many years of revolver experience to help me grow my skill set in place.

My goals are to have a dependable backup gun, more frequently a deep concealment EDC option (thunderwear holster type idea). I think this is particularly interesting because it appears as if attention has been taken to round the sharp edges of the gun to make it easier to draw from deeper concealment holsters.

I have shot the 2" model but am more interested in the 3". The reason for the 3" DA only hammerless model is as a standalone EDC option I prefer longer sight radius and if I use .357 mag loads I would think it should be more comfortably/shootable.

There is now a SA/DA option with hammer. I would prefer the DA only again but am open to the knowledge and opinions of the forum.

If other, better options to fit the above mentioned parameters exist please feel free to inform me. I am looking to make an intelligent choice with this purchase.

halfmoonclip
03-16-19, 21:04
I've handled them, and the double action trigger seems commendably smooth. The sixth shot (always nice to have more) does add bulk, and also appears to raise the bore axis as compared to a Smith Centennial.
I'll admit to being a Smith fan, but the 640 Pro with the good sights is a better answer to the question, IMHO. And it has no lock, tho' they don't trouble me personally. I've a 340PD (11 oz .357), and the lock has never given a moment's trouble thru' a bunch of shooting, including magnums (ouch!).
Moon

jmoore
03-17-19, 10:37
Some Internet rumbling continues about brittle firing pins and dry firing. Anyone have more info?

geezer john

Esq.
03-21-19, 13:41
I have about 400 rounds through mine, very limited dry fire. Ammo fired was handloads mostly, 158 LSWC in front of some nasty, ancient Bullseye I'm trying to shoot up. So far, no issues with the pistol and I enjoy carrying it.