PDA

View Full Version : How many magazines for Glock 26?

kh86
01-17-16, 23:33
So I got 3 stock ones with the pistol and just purchased one with a +2 OEM extension - yet to still use that one, got it tonight. Here's the thing... usually I'll get 8-9 for any firearm I own (better to have, etc.) but I don't know how to approach this one since I have a few 17rd mags for my carbine that can be run in the G26. Just wanting to know how others have approached this. I've found a good deal on more of the 10+2 OEMs and stock ones online but I don't know what to do.

I'm not too worried about CCW with the +2 since the G26 is on the larger side (yeah there's a bulge, but that doesn't mean anything buddy!) vs. a smaller single stack that one would go deep cover with. Basically got it for higher capacity and a place to rest my pinky. Maybe in the summer I'd go with the 10rd but as of right now, big coats are the norm.

wigbones
01-17-16, 23:49
If you find yourself wondering if you have enough mags, you probably don't. You may have said it best when you mentioned it is better to have, etc. if you plan on keeping the G26 long term, I doubt you will regret investing in extra mags for it. Think about it this way, if another panic started tomorrow, would you be satisfied with the number of mags you have now?

Stengun
01-17-16, 23:52
Howdy,

You can never have too many mags. I have a Glock 23 and a 35 and I have +25 15rd mags plus a couple of 10rd mags and 2-13rd G23 mags.

Paul

crusader377
01-17-16, 23:54
I always try to have at least 5 magazines for every pistol that I own at a minimum.

kh86
01-18-16, 00:27
Well technically I have like 19 that will fit in the G 26. What I'm asking is if I should buy more that specifically fit it - and it alone. That's the only thing that's stopping me. I hear people say they carry G19 or 17 mags as back ups, etc. but I wonder how that works out for actual on the person CCW carry. Hell, I could fill my car with my 33rd mags but it wouldn't help me on my person.

On top of that is the +2 OEM's at my LGS. It looks like a pretty sweet deal but I'm stuck. I'm sure I'll probably pick up more (hey, F* it) but am wondering how much. Any issues with the OEM +2's?

Frailer
01-18-16, 00:43
I understand where you're coming from.

I have about half as many dedicated G26 magazines as I do for my 17s and 19s, as I typically carry a 19 magazine as my spare, and my 17 mags suffer more wear and tear, since I shoot them more.

In response to your other question, I haven't had any reliability issues with OEM +2 magazine extensions. If I stumbled across a good deal on then I'd happily buy more. As others have said, you can't have too many.

Airhasz
01-18-16, 00:43
I have a G26 with only the two stock mags that came with it. Like many others I carry G19 mags as back ups.
I see no need to purchase more 10 rounders as I have a dozen 15 rounders already. Hope this helps answer your question.

SPDGG
01-18-16, 00:45
fwiw:

For my carry, G26:

TX Summer
- 10 round w/ GAP Enterprises Base pads
- G19/17 Reload

TX Fall - Sweater/Hoodie/Light Jacket
- Same or with +2
^ Prefer G19 whenever possible
- G19/17 Reload

TX Winter - Light/Med weight Jacket
- G19
- G17 Reload

How many:
3-5 in each for training/slamming the ___ out of PLUS carry mags, which eventually become range mags.
I practice with 10 round mags, as I carry, and reload to a larger G19/17. IMHO, if you ever carry with flush 10 round mags, you should train as your carry setup.

Magazines are like tires, no one likes buying a fresh set but it's inevitable.

samuse
01-18-16, 08:46
I like my 26, I think I have 7 or 8 mags for it.

If you like the +2s and have a source for a deal, I say pick up a few more.

ST911
01-18-16, 08:49
3-5 mags is a good number for the subcompact owners unless you're headed to class or gun-gaming. I like the standard length for carrying and shooting, the OEM (+) extension for reloads. G19/17 mags are an option. The subcompact mags don't have the the supply issues of the others.

brickboy240
01-18-16, 11:21
As a rule, I pretty much have at least half a dozen mags for any given pistol I own. All factory OEM mags as well.

My Glocks, SIGs and Hi-Power all have 6 OEM factory mags apiece.

I also have 10 Wilson 47D mags that get rotated around my 3 1911s.

So yeah, I think 6 is a good even number unless you are using the gun in competition or LEO.

bigghoss
01-18-16, 11:42
I always carried mine with G17 mags for reloads. Personally, I would (and am) invest in G17 or G19 mags. The 10 round mags aren't going anywhere anyway but anything larger than that might not always be available.

Magpul has glock 9mm mags now that are cheaper than OEM and are supposed to be good. I just got one for my G19 but haven't tried it out yet.

cunroe
01-18-16, 13:24
Primary carry is a G26 (or a CCO when I have the urge/need for a .45), average civilian use in my case. Have 5 mags in carry and range rotation, 3 NIB mags and a spare spring in the parts box and range bag (2). No extenders, stock 10-rounders. Have plenty of G19 mags and 2 X-Grips but I rarely use those other than occasional functional verification. EDC I run a 10-rounder with 1 in-the-pipe, a down-loaded mag (-1) and a stock backup mag weak-side at all times. Not married to plastic, if any doubts I dispose and add a new one to the mix. No science to it...just how I choose to setup.

mack7.62
01-18-16, 13:56
IMO it is just as easy to conceal a 19 or 17 mag for a reload so you only need one 26 mag at a time for carrying. I would think that 3-5 should be plenty.

titsonritz
01-18-16, 21:22
I have four 26 mags, two with +0 base plate extensions that I typically carry in the gun and two with standard base plate for those time want it small as possible for ankle or pocket carry. The rest are 17 & 19 mags that carry as spares.