PDA

View Full Version : X-Files is back

HKGuns
01-19-16, 21:15
Haven't seen this yet. Looks like the X-Files is coming back.

All of the original cast, including the creator Chris Carter and the cigarette smoking man, who for some reason, I thought had passed.

Should be very good if you liked the original series. It was one of my personal favorites.

First episode Monday Jan 25th 8pm EST. Fox

Honu
01-20-16, 00:54
heard rumors some time ago never heard more :) but good to hear as I loved that show

wildcard600
01-20-16, 01:07
The premier is Sunday Jan 24th after the foosball game - http://www.fox.com/the-x-files/article/its-almost-time-for-the-x-files-premiere

Very excited, I am a huge fan of the orginal series. Lets hope its as good.

Moose-Knuckle
01-20-16, 01:17
Huge fan here, been watching them since I was a teen when they first aired.

We watched all nine seasons last year on DVD so pretty stoked and ready for this new 6 episode "mini-series.

Alex V
01-20-16, 06:06
I can't freakin' wait. My favorite show of all time, hands down.

I would love to know how The Cigarette Smoking Man survives that helo rocket attack lol

rushca01
01-20-16, 10:21
I watched the original run up until Mulder went mia and the T-1000 stepped in. Anybody give cliff notes on what's going? I did the most recent movie too.

WillBrink
01-20-16, 10:23

All of the original cast, including the creator Chris Carter and the cigarette smoking man, who for some reason, I thought had passed.

Should be very good if you liked the original series. It was one of my personal favorites.

First episode Monday Jan 25th 8pm EST. Fox

24th no? That's what's on my calendar.

Alex V
01-20-16, 10:49
I watched the original run up until Mulder went mia and the T-1000 stepped in. Anybody give cliff notes on what's going? I did the most recent movie too.

Most recent movie sucked. I am not a fan of the "Monster of the Week" episodes.

- Mulder goes MIA
- Doggett and Reyes come in to help find him, Scully takes a back seat from FBI
- Skully gives birth with a ton of strangers looking on
- Aliens are trying to kill her baby
- Guy shows up all burned up and scarred, claiming to be a friend. Doggett says its Mulder. Scully does DNA test and it shows a match, she figures out its Jeffrey Spender, since he and Mulder both share CGB Spender as a father, the -march makes sense.
- Burned up Spender injects the baby with a mystery liquid to restroy his Alien DNA, kid is "cured"
- Scully gives kid up for adoption to hide him
- Mulder shows up in a NORAD looking military facility
- He kills Knowle Rohrer and is placed on trial for it. Knowle can't be killed since he is an alien hybrid/super soldier.
- AD Skinner, Scully, Doggett and Reyes all testify - basically a recap of the entire Alien Conspiracy story line.
- Mulder is sentenced to death
- AD Skinner and Scully bust molder out of military prison
- Scully and Mulder go to see CGB Spender in an ancient Indian ruin.
- CGB Spender reveals that Mulder saw the date for the Alien invasion to begin in the NORAD looking plase (Dec 21 2012)
- Little Birds show up and start raining hell on the Indian ruin. Scully and Mulder escape and CGB Spender takes a rocket to the face.
- Show ends with Mulder and Scully in a hotel room snuggling.

WillBrink
01-20-16, 11:10
Most recent movie sucked. I am not a fan of the "Monster of the Week" episodes.

None of the movies were very good, and were not even up to a good episode of the show. I watched the movies for no other reason than it brought fond memories of the show, but the movies were fail all around. Last one was just awful. Some of the "Monster of the Week" episodes were classics. As a movie, it was total fail. Third movie in works:

http://www.geek.com/news/chris-carter-has-written-the-third-x-files-movie-already-1645036/

Doc Safari
01-20-16, 11:12
I liked it up until David Duchovny started being "in-and-out" of the series. Not that he carried the whole series but that just seemed to be timed to when the suck was in all of a sudden.

I may start out with the new series, but it better impress me quickly.

Alex V
01-20-16, 11:50
None of the movies were very good, and were not even up to a good episode of the show. I watched the movies for no other reason than it brought fond memories of the show, but the movies were fail all around. Last one was just awful. Some of the "Monster of the Week" episodes were classics. As a movie, it was total fail. Third movie in works:

http://www.geek.com/news/chris-carter-has-written-the-third-x-files-movie-already-1645036/

Agree to disagree Will.

I loved Fight the Future was great. It takes place between season 5 and 6 and ties the two together. Could the movie just have been two or three episodes? Sure. But I like it as a movie.

I Want to Believe on the other hand, was terrible.

WillBrink
01-20-16, 12:01
Agree to disagree Will.

I loved Fight the Future was great. It takes place between season 5 and 6 and ties the two together. Could the movie just have been two or three episodes? Sure. But I like it as a movie.

I Want to Believe on the other hand, was terrible.

First movie was way better than the second to be sure, but it was at best, just a long episode of the show, and not one of the best of the episodes either I thought. BTW, the sound track to the first movie is great. I have the CD and it's good stuff.

WillBrink
01-20-16, 12:01
Double Tap

austinN4
01-20-16, 14:03
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1SmJUBT5q0

Firefly
01-20-16, 16:16
I dunno....

Scully doesn't have that sexy, bitchy Ice Queen vibe anymore. She looks kinda old. Both are past the FBI mandatory retirement.
They killed off the nerdy guys and....weird conspiracies just don't seen entertaining when there are actual conspiracies afoot.

Check out Mr. Robot. It's like Fight Club, 90s computer Nostalgia, Anarchy, and bizarre stuff with my personal hero and occasional guest star of Archer, Christian "Pump Up the Volume with Heathers" Slater.

Doc. Holiday
01-20-16, 16:32
I'm so stoked to see it. I just recently saw all the episodes on Netflix over the summer. Apparently there are going to be some major surprises in this mini-series.

Singlestack Wonder
01-20-16, 16:46
Best x-files episode ever was the one concerning the multi-generation in-bred hillbillies......of course the ending was disgusting....

Firefly
01-20-16, 16:52
Best x-files episode ever was the one concerning the multi-generation in-bred hillbillies......of course the ending was disgusting....

I remember that. It was shown on TV only once. It was honestly the most disturbing thing I'd ever seen.

I used to watch Space: Above and Beyond then later X Files. Holy god thay ep was disgusting. Like worse than Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I couldn't watch it again.

ColtSeavers
01-20-16, 17:20
The wife and I are looking forward to this. I've been pleasantly surprised thus far with The Expanse, and we both are willing to continue on with Colony, so here's hoping for another great show (even if it is just a mini series return).

Big A
01-20-16, 17:50
I dunno....

Scully doesn't have that sexy, bitchy Ice Queen vibe anymore. She looks kinda old. Both are past the FBI mandatory retirement.
They killed off the nerdy guys and....weird conspiracies just don't seen entertaining when there are actual conspiracies afoot.

Check out Mr. Robot. It's like Fight Club, 90s computer Nostalgia, Anarchy, and bizarre stuff with my personal hero and occasional guest star of Archer, Christian "Pump Up the Volume with Heathers" Slater.

To your first point, I still would. Especially if she talked to me in her normal british accent. She has always been one of my favorite 90's chics.

To your second point, Mr. Robot is a great show (I noticed your avatar change even though with your screen name you should be an agent of COBRA ;) ), has it started back yet?

HKGuns
01-20-16, 18:12
In some of the interviews leading up to the series I actually thought Scully aged well. Women, in general, don't age like wine, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Can't wait for the new episodes. A number of the original writers are back also which should make for some interesting plot lines. Paranoia about the government has only increased since it went off the air so timing is probably good as well.

I saw Sunday as the new air date but checked the TV schedule and it appears to be Monday on Fox. I think they threw out a couple of incorrect dates.

Firefly
01-20-16, 18:28
To your first point, I still would. Especially if she talked to me in her normal british accent. She has always been one of my favorite 90's chics.

To your second point, Mr. Robot is a great show (I noticed your avatar change even though with your screen name you should be an agent of COBRA ;) ), has it started back yet?

Well...I didn't say ugly. Just kinda old.
1993 Scully was a total ironbox. You didn't have a chance with her. She was cold, analytical and her auburn hair set the tone that if you pushed it; you'd be staring at a P226.

2016 Gillian Anderson looks like the milf that if you complimented enough and bought her enough drinks that she'd be real nice to you.

It's like....okay...like Debbie Gibson in Playboy. Yeah, it happened but not at the right time. She went from this teenage dream to world weary. I mean Scully went from this cold, edgy 90s pantsuit of power Fed to being like the older bird in Boogie Nights. She just, doesn't look like she's up for autopsies or groovy mysteries. She'd rather bake cookies or something.

As for Mr. Robot....can NOT wait for Season 2. It'll be like Max Headroom of the 21st century when looked at in retrospect. A cyberpunk classic that's going to be a bit of a time capsule of these strange days.

As for my handle well.....He WAS a cool GI Joe character, an awesome shiny show, and a pretty insect.

austinN4
01-20-16, 21:10
.............I actually thought Scully aged well. Women, in general, don't age like wine, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Agree - the older me likes the older Scully.

I saw Sunday as the new air date but checked the TV schedule and it appears to be Monday on Fox. I think they threw out a couple of incorrect dates.

The FOX web site is still saying Sunday & Monday (different episodes?)

PD Sgt.
01-20-16, 21:23

"I'm hungry...."

Moose-Knuckle
01-21-16, 01:12

I remember that. It was shown on TV only once. It was honestly the most disturbing thing I'd ever seen.

I used to watch Space: Above and Beyond then later X Files. Holy god thay ep was disgusting. Like worse than Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I couldn't watch it again.

Since I own the series it's one that I have seen a couple of times now, if you thought that was bad don't watch Kurt Russell's latest Western, Bone Tomahawk (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?179107-Bone-Tomahawk-(movie)).

Moose-Knuckle
01-21-16, 01:13

Yup same, here she makes "my list".

Endur
01-21-16, 03:02
I used to like this show as a kid when it was originally on but never got a chance to watch very many of them. I have recently started watching it from the beginning on Netflix. Excellent show but man do they have a ton of episodes per season. I have been watching it off and on for the better half of a year and I am still on the second season.

Moose-Knuckle
01-21-16, 03:15
I used to like this show as a kid when it was originally on but never got a chance to watch very many of them. I have recently started watching it from the beginning on Netflix. Excellent show but man do they have a ton of episodes per season. I have been watching it off and on for the better half of a year and I am still on the second season.

I watched them ALL back to back about a year ago with my better half, took us a few months to chew through them for sure.

Singlestack Wonder
01-21-16, 09:02
Since I own the series it's one that I have seen a couple of times now, if you thought that was bad don't watch Kurt Russell's latest Western, Bone Tomahawk (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?179107-Bone-Tomahawk-(movie)).

The inbred hillbilly episode while disturbing was one of the best x-files episodes ever. To the point, no conspiracies, straight forward storyline. The caveman like trio of sons and their antics were classic. The ending was......well one has to watch the episode.

I enjoyed Bone Tomahawk. Whoever would have thought of "trogladite Indians"?

Abraham
01-21-16, 10:10
Ya mean the episode about "The War Of Yankee Aggression" and the devoted mother on the mechanic slider?

It gave me nightmares...

Doc. Holiday
01-21-16, 10:21
Ya that episode was pretty knarly for sure! I really liked the Lake Monster episode along with the Mothman episode. Those two I thought were really good (mostly because I'm into stuff like that)

austinN4
01-21-16, 10:49
Ya mean the episode about "The War Of Yankee Aggression" and the devoted mother on the mechanic slider? It gave me nightmares...

That is the one. It was pretty disgusting and really unlike most of the other episodes.

MistWolf
01-21-16, 15:09

All of the original cast, including the creator Chris Carter and the cigarette smoking man
Cancer Man.

Best thing to come out of The X-Files was The Lone Gunmen

Firefly
01-21-16, 16:11
Cancer Man.

Best thing to come out of The X-Files was The Lone Gunmen

Lone gunmen! That's their name. They were cool.
Also Cancer Man was a different guy who ate other people's cancer. Cigarette Smoking Man was dude selling us out to the Aliens.

ETA I guess not. There was this ep though that had this CHUD looking dude who was pink and ate cancer.

And the UFO Crew. Back in the early 90s they looked badass. USAF guys in urban camo with weird bullpups. But....while teenybopper me thought that was cool, in retrospect it would look lame today.

austinN4
01-23-16, 10:03
6 new episodes schedule here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X-Files_(miniseries)
Check you local listings for times

1 - Sunday 24 Jan (after the game)
2 - Monday 25 Jan
3 - Monday 1 Feb
4 - Monday 8 Feb
5 - Monday 15 Feb
6 - Monday 22 Feb

Averageman
01-23-16, 11:48
Okay, I went out and bought "Bone Tomahawk" do to the many recommendations here.
Thanks.

HKGuns
01-23-16, 11:55
I bought all 9 seasons of the original series. I don't understand why it took me until now to actually think about getting them.

Moose-Knuckle
01-24-16, 01:48
I bought all 9 seasons of the original series. I don't understand why it took me until now to actually think about getting them.

Don't forget the movies too!

Moose-Knuckle
01-24-16, 01:49
6 new episodes schedule here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X-Files_(miniseries)
Check you local listings for times

1 - Sunday 24 Jan (after the game)
2 - Monday 25 Jan
3 - Monday 1 Feb
4 - Monday 8 Feb
5 - Monday 15 Feb
6 - Monday 22 Feb

Thanks for posting this!

HKGuns
01-24-16, 08:02
Don't forget the movies too!

Got them too, thanks for the reminder Moose. [emoji3]

HKGuns
01-24-16, 21:47
Well, after the first scene it is fitting like a comfy shoe. Same look, feel, mood and interesting, developing plot line.

It is even sweeter that Ford is the major sponsor.

Waylander
01-25-16, 00:26
After the Alex Jones type guy with his gun confiscation videos I thought there may be periodic jabs at us gun totin' conservatives but I was pleased with the direction the first episode went.

It's definitely different but more like the older stuff than I thought it would be. It's almost like they picked up with the storyline and acting exactly where they left off.

Moose-Knuckle
01-25-16, 01:37
Great feel to it and I have to wonder if this 6 part mini-series is a beta test to see if FOX wants to go on with more full seasons, $$$. From the preview of the up coming episodes they deviate from this "legacy" one. Probably one or two more connect to this story but it looks like we are going to get a comedy episode and a monster of the week or two.

austinN4
01-25-16, 05:57
It is even sweeter that Ford is the major sponsor.

I really didn't need to see the same Ford Explorer commercial 4 times during a 1 hour time slot.

austinN4
01-25-16, 06:01
From the preview of the up coming episodes they deviate from this "legacy" one. Probably one or two more connect to this story but it looks like we are going to get a comedy episode and a monster of the week or two.

Click on the link in my post #35: #1 & #6 tie together, 2, 3, 4 & 5 appear to be stand alone. Each of the 6 has a detailed description if you click on title of each.

It was good to have X Files back, but I thought #1 had a rushed, almost frantic, feel to it. Maybe I was too burnt out on football by the time it came on.

mtdawg169
01-25-16, 08:24
Dang it! My DVR only recorded half of the first episode because of the game. Is Episode 1 available for streaming anywhere?

Big A
01-25-16, 10:56
I love that it had the original opening credits, not some redone modern version.

That really took me back in time.

Doc. Holiday
01-25-16, 11:02
I love that it had the original opening credits, not some redone modern version.

Amen! I was stoked to see the original opening!

Moose-Knuckle
01-25-16, 15:27

That and it came on right after football, man talk about nostalgia! Only thing missing was a Simpson's promo . . .

HKGuns
01-25-16, 17:30
I really didn't need to see the same Ford Explorer commercial 4 times during a 1 hour time slot.

Now you want to buy one!

Doc. Holiday
01-25-16, 17:34
Well it's Mil-Spec now so technically everyone on here should want one ;-)

Moose-Knuckle
01-26-16, 04:01
So I got's to wonder who the bearded DoD guy was in Skinner's office threatening Mulder and Scully, reminds me of other nefarious figures in seasons past. No doubt he is a minion of Cancer Man.

Also the dead girl's baby, I'm sure that is the link to the first episode. I'm getting the feeling that we are going to either see William in this mini-series or it will end with a cliffhanger where they go to meet him setting up a possible full tenth season. One can hope . . .

Firefly
01-26-16, 05:46
Well now that I have seen it...
It DOES feel like X-Files.
But Mulder and Scully are noticeably older. Everytime one of them gets tossed about, I keep expecting one of them to say "I'm too old for this shit!"

Scully just isn't 25 anymore. And her voice sounds a bit craggy. But she has this Amber Waves from boogie nights vibe now so I accept it.

Mulder is still weird but forward thinking and the freakshow ward was pretty disturbing.

So...yes, I approve

WillBrink
01-26-16, 08:40
So far so good. They sure jumped right into it quickly and didn't leave much to the imagination. Mulder seeing super secret aircraft that disappears, etc seemed rushing it to me lacking the more subtle approach of the series. In the old days, the plane would have been blown up just as he arrived so we (the audience) knew it existed, but poor Mulder just missed it. They both seemed to have aged well, but I suspect Scully has had some work done. I don't care, I still find her sexy. I was hoping the second one would continue where the first left off, vs going right to the "monster of the week" theme, but I still enjoyed it. The first ended a little too neatly and could have been two parts to really set the stage for the new series.

All the modern references (e.g., 9/11, etc) to show they are in 2016 jars you out of thinking you're watching a re run, and I suspect that's the intent and it works well.

It "feels" like the original series while being up to date, and that's an achievement onto itself and it surreal at times. They really hit on all the modern day conspiracy theories.

For any X Files fan, it's a "must watch" for sure, and should pick up some new fans. I had some nitpicks I could mention, but as the end of the day, who cares, X Files is back!

Slater
01-26-16, 09:03
Supposedly this is a limited run of six episodes. If it garners respectable ratings hopefully it could be picked up for a further run, that is if both actors are willing.

nova3930
01-26-16, 09:03
Missed the first one but caught last night. Thought it was well done, especially for a reboot. Really hard to come back 15 years later and restart a show.

They both seemed to have aged well, but I suspect Scully has had some work done. I don't care, I still find her sexy. !

Gillian Anderson is still bangin IMO. I've got a thing for redheads though....

PD Sgt.
01-26-16, 09:14
I thought the first episode was a bit rushed and would have benefitted from either being a two parter or two hours long. They could have allowed the material to develop more slowly and feel less contrived.

The second episode was much better and felt much more in line with the original series.

WillBrink
01-26-16, 09:22
Missed the first one but caught last night. Thought it was well done, especially for a reboot. Really hard to come back 15 years later and restart a show.

Gillian Anderson is still bangin IMO. I've got a thing for redheads though....

I don't even like heads as a rule, and I still agree! But is she a natural red head?! Only one way to know....

BBossman
01-26-16, 11:49
I loved the first nine seasons back in the day. I even watch the whole series on Netflix off and on throughout the year.

After the first two episodes of "Season Ten", all I have to say about the story line so far is... CHRIS CARTER GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

Alex V
01-26-16, 20:27
I am a very bias since The X Files has been my favorite show of all time despite GoT, SoA and WD et al. In the last episode of the original series Mulder sneaks into Mount Weather and sees that the planned date for the alien invasion is 12/22/2012. Since the last movie was 2008 we never saw anything since, I was wondering how they would deal with the invasion never happening. To turn it into a different direction and go with the whole alien invasion thing being a way to keep Mulder from seeing the real truth was awesome in my opinion.

Personally, I like the Syndicate and colonization story line more, but they way they can tie this story into what is really happening today will make for a betters how than to just continue "chasing little green men with a badge and a gun" The Syndicate is gone, colonization didn't happen and the conspiracy was never exposed, they needed a new direction.

I did get all giddy when they showed CGB Spender at the end. I would love to know how he survived a rocker to the face. That guy has 9 lives.

Just got done with S10E2 and still loving it. Looks like next week will be a monster of the week episode, but I don't care. Give me more!

rushca01
01-26-16, 21:17
I was in my teenage years during the original run, I watched Monday nights episode but missed Sunday's. They kept the original opening, man did the bring back a flood of memories!

Are the seens with Mulder and the boy just him imagining what it would have been like if he had his son?

Moose-Knuckle
01-27-16, 00:03
Are the seens with Mulder and the boy just him imagining what it would have been like if he had his son?

This past episode had two non-linear scenes where both Scully and Mulder have a dream sequence independent of each other where they imagine being with their son William after looking at his baby photo.

ScottsBad
01-29-16, 15:03
Click on the link in my post #35: #1 & #6 tie together, 2, 3, 4 & 5 appear to be stand alone. Each of the 6 has a detailed description if you click on title of each.

It was good to have X Files back, but I thought #1 had a rushed, almost frantic, feel to it. Maybe I was too burnt out on football by the time it came on.

I thought the first episode was a bit rushed and would have benefitted from either being a two parter or two hours long. They could have allowed the material to develop more slowly and feel less contrived.

The second episode was much better and felt much more in line with the original series.

I was never a big fan of the original because it moved too slow and the individual episode plots were too thin. I was impressed with the first new XF episode. To my way of thinking if the new shows move at a better pace, and are more in line with current conspiracy theory thinking the show will be great. I also think the new show is benefitting from better CGI and special effect.

I like the Alex Jones analog "Tad O'Malley" (sp?) the conspiracy guy is a refreshing character. Frankly, the show couldn't survive without a freshened up story line (they call it mythology). Mulder and Skully looked tired, makes sense since they were "rode hard and put away wet" in the old show I guess.

Gillian never really turned me on, and I love red heads. She plays an FBI agent too well I guess. Looks good for her age though. Mulder looks a little like Walter Matthau since his nose has gotten bigger, but he still lights up the story with his low key energy.

--- The second episode was interesting and continues the idea of alien hybrids. Hope the show continues.

Firefly
01-29-16, 15:21
Scully was the 90s power bitch. The blood red hair hinted at severe sexuality but the coldness implied you wouldn't survive it.

Now that I've seen it, I'm actually feeling like it felt back inna day.
Especially when Mulder says something about being older, Scully says "Back in the day I ran up stairs in 3 inch heels". Then mulder pulls out an old maglite and says "This IS back in the day."

Watching X-Files with no lights on, dans la maison.....I hope the Smoking Mans in this one

Alex V
01-29-16, 18:15
Scully was the 90s power bitch. The blood red hair hinted at severe sexuality but the coldness implied you wouldn't survive it.

Watching X-Files with no lights on, dans la maison.....I hope the Smoking Mans in this one

I never thought Gillain Anderson was hot, but I always thought Dana Skully was super hot. Not sure if that makes sense.

So show me yours I'll show you mine "Tool Time"
You'll love it just like Lyle
And then we'll do it doggie style
So we can both watch X-Files

jaydoc1
02-01-16, 18:53
I'm getting the feeling that we are going to either see William in this mini-series or it will end with a cliffhanger where they go to meet him setting up a possible full tenth season. One can hope . . .

So I just read an interview with Duchovny about the new season. He said he'd be very interested in seeing a script that apparently exists for a third movie. He also said that he'd be totally for doing additional abbreviated seasons if this run is successful. He said neither he nor Andersen would be interested in doing another full-on 24 episode season because they are too old and that many episodes would be too much.

jaydoc1
02-01-16, 18:55
Also, next week's episode is entitled "Home Again". Think we'll be catching up with the Peacock clan again? Yuck!

Waylander
02-01-16, 20:12
This was by far the worst episode I've ever watched including the originals.

Moose-Knuckle
02-02-16, 02:25
So I just read an interview with Duchovny about the new season. He said he'd be very interested in seeing a script that apparently exists for a third movie. He also said that he'd be totally for doing additional abbreviated seasons if this run is successful. He said neither he nor Andersen would be interested in doing another full-on 24 episode season because they are too old and that many episodes would be too much.

Funny, cause in an interview I read prior to the start of this mini season he said he was and Carter were frustrated that they were only doing 6 episodes. I'm sure he likes the pay check again but doesn't want the shooting schedule again. Ironic cause he was the one that wanted out of the originals so they began to write him out of the latter seasons and added all the extra characters.

Moose-Knuckle
02-02-16, 02:29
This was by far the worst episode I've ever watched including the originals.

It was pretty funny, in fact it reminded me of the original series humor, same writers.

Plus they touched on the legacy theory that Scully is immortal, that makes it worth the price of admission to dyed in the wool Xphiles.

WillBrink
02-02-16, 08:44
It was pretty funny, in fact it reminded me of the original series humor, same writers.

Plus they touched on the legacy theory that Scully is immortal, that makes it worth the price of admission to dyed in the wool Xphiles.

I really wish they'd focus on the main theme of the series vs these monster of the weak stuff if it's a limited run of X Files. This one was OK, had a few moments that reminded us of the humor in the old series, but it was flat in spots and Mulder being a non believer after all they saw and went through does not work at all. By the end of the series, the skeptic of the two, Scully, was a firm believer, much less Mulder. That odd angle they have decided to pursue makes no sense to any long term fan. They/we, have seen far too much not to believe at this point.

OH58D
02-02-16, 08:54
I really wish they'd focus on the main theme of the series vs these monster of the weak stuff if it's a limited run of X Files. This one was OK, had a few moments that reminded us of the humor in the old series, but it was flat in spots and Mulder being a non believer after all they saw and went through does not work at all. By the end of the series, the skeptic of the two, Scully, was a firm believer, much less Mulder. That odd angle they have decided to pursue makes no sense to any long term fan. They/we, have seen far too much not to believe at this point.
I watched the first episode of this re-issue and it was pretty good. Last night I was watching some of the Iowa returns and forgot that X-Files was on. Switched over and saw some dude running around with a mask on. Thought I had screwed up and had tuned in Mountain Monsters, that abortion of a program about hillbilly monster chasers in West Virginia and Kentucky. Alas, no Wild Bill but Scully, and she's the only thing worth looking at in my honest opinion.

Doc Safari
02-02-16, 09:08
I watched the first episode of this re-issue and it was pretty good. Last night I was watching some of the Iowa returns and forgot that X-Files was on. Switched over and saw some dude running around with a mask on. Thought I had screwed up and had tuned in Mountain Monsters, that abortion of a program about hillbilly monster chasers in West Virginia and Kentucky. Alas, no Wild Bill but Scully, and she's the only thing worth looking at in my honest opinion.

The old X-Files was known for an occasional quirky, "fun" episode. This one certainly tops the charts. I recommend seeing it with an open mind.

Waylander
02-02-16, 09:20

I'll have to finish watching all of the originals for the second or third time. It's been a while since I've binge watched but neither my wife nor I remember an episode being that silly. Scully is one of my favorites but now it seems like either she or the writers are OK with her not being the modest type anymore (yes, I know the sex scene was fantasy). The 'work' she's had done definitely helps with the immortality angle and I'm not complaining. :D

Let's be consistent though.

I thought it was going just OK until the graveyard scene.

Abraham
02-02-16, 09:34
Guys, psssttt, it's a tv show, not real life.

It's nothing to be irked about.

Me, I'm entertained by it, but if it had never returned, I couldn't possibly care less.

Repeat after me: "It's just a tv show, not real life, It's just a tv show, not real life"

Keep up the mantra and eventually you'll be breathing normally again.

Doc Safari
02-02-16, 09:57
I'll have to finish watching all of the originals for the second or third time. It's been a while since I've binge watched but neither my wife nor I remember an episode being that silly. Scully is one of my favorites but now it seems like either she or the writers are OK with her not being the modest type anymore (yes, I know the sex scene was fantasy). The 'work' she's had done definitely helps with the immortality angle and I'm not complaining. :D

Let's be consistent though.

I thought it was going just OK until the graveyard scene.

The episode was meant to be totally tongue-in-cheek.

SPOILERS

Notice how everyone in the episode was on some kind of drugs and/or alcohol with the possible exception of Scully?

Scully ends up taking home the lizard man's dog?

Mulder's cell phone ringtone is the X-Files theme?

It was all meant to be humorous, like the episode from the old series where Mulder keeps eating some character's pie. (I'd have to do some research to find it again).

WillBrink
02-02-16, 10:17

SPOILERS

Notice how everyone in the episode was on some kind of drugs and/or alcohol with the possible exception of Scully?

It was all meant to be humorous, like the episode from the old series where Mulder keeps eating some character's pie. (I'd have to do some research to find it again).

No mention of Scully is getting nailed against the wall in fantasy scene? :cool:

Doc Safari
02-02-16, 10:34
No mention of Scully is getting nailed against the wall in fantasy scene? :cool:

Wanted to keep SOME things secret!

Dave_M
02-02-16, 15:17

SPOILERS

I liked the episode. It reminded me of one from the original series where the Sheriff was smart and handsome in Scully's memories of an event and completely hideous and ugly in Mulder's memories

Doc Safari
02-02-16, 15:25
SPOILER

I knew when Mulder called the guy a lizard, and he shot back, "Lizard? That's RACIST!", that we were dealing with a deliberate put-on designed to be nothing but fun that you couldn't take too seriously.

Singlestack Wonder
02-02-16, 16:21
Last night's episode was the only one out of the last three that was entertaining.

WillBrink
02-02-16, 17:10
Anyone check out Lucifer?

This is a new show that comes on after X Files. Anyone checked it out? The premise is the Devil is bored "at work" and decides to take a vacation in LA. The premise has a ton of potential, and Lucifer (Tom Ellis) is perfectly cast. It's well written and quirky enough to show real potential as a series.

However, they have also made the major mistake of using an old formulaic approach - Taken from Big Book O TV Series formulas - by teaming the Devil up with a pretty cop just trying to find herself. Blah. There's more than enough potential material for at least a season before they went for the low hanging fruit of the pretty buddy cop (and actress Lauren German is indeed very pretty...) angle the very first show started with.

Whether this series builds it's way up into something fun to watch or sputters out due to having no place to due the the use of an old formula vs something new, as yet to be determined. If you're already watching the X Files, I recommend staying there to watch Lucifer. C+/B-

http://www.fox.com/lucifer

Doc Safari
02-02-16, 17:18
Anyone check out Lucifer?

This is a new show that comes on after X Files. Anyone checked it out? The premise is the Devil is bored "at work" and decides to take a vacation in LA. The premise has a ton of potential, and Lucifer (Tom Ellis) is perfectly cast. It's well written and quirky enough to show real potential as a series.

However, they have also made the major mistake of using an old formulaic approach - Taken from Big Book O TV Series formulas - by teaming the Devil up with a pretty cop just trying to find herself. Blah. There's more than enough potential material for at least a season before they went for the low hanging fruit of the pretty buddy cop (and actress Lauren German is indeed very pretty...) angle the very first show started with.

Whether this series builds it's way up into something fun to watch or sputters out due to having no place to due the the use of an old formula vs something new, as yet to be determined. If you're already watching the X Files, I recommend staying there to watch Lucifer. C+/B-

http://www.fox.com/lucifer

I find the whole concept morally reprehensible. Glorifying the Devil is about as depraved as child porn in my book.

WillBrink
02-02-16, 17:35
I find the whole concept morally reprehensible. Glorifying the Devil is about as depraved as child porn in my book.

If you find a fictional TV show about the devil the moral equivalent to child porn, then I wouldn't even begin to know how to respond to such a thing. Don't watch it then. Moving along...

Firefly
02-02-16, 17:36
You guys knocking the last X Files ep are on crack like the lot lizard.

It was just like being 15 again.

X Files can be really funny or really disturbing. My only gripe is that I thought by this point Mulder and Scully would be sharing a bed.

I didn't think Mulder was being 'skeptical' as much as he knows what he knows and realizes that he isn't in his 20s anymore. He thought he knew about it all...the Alien Colonists, the Men in Black, etc and that what used to be weird just...wasn't.

Like Jack O'Neill from Stargate. After fighting wars on Earth...THEN killing literal Egyptian gods and realizing what the universe really was.....SG-1 was just another pain in the ass job. So he got super jaded.

Mulder is kinda going through that. We forget, and were reminded, before he was chasing down aliens and pissing off the darkest levels of shadowy government; He was a normal FBI agent doing profiling for kidnappings and murders. So he goes from that to aliens and overreaching conspiracies and now he's just kinda tired. Like "I'm getting too old for this shit". But....off he goes. Glock and flashlight in hand...

Doc Safari
02-02-16, 17:39
If you find a fictional TV show about the devil the moral equivalent to child porn, then I wouldn't even begin to know how to respond to such a thing. Don't watch it then. Moving along...

To clarify: it's a fictional TV program making the Devil out to be something other than totally unregenerate evil. It's like making a comedy with Ted Bundy as a "happy-go-lucky" serial killer.

Doc Safari
02-02-16, 17:40
X Files can be really funny or really disturbing. My only gripe is that I thought by this point Mulder and Scully would be sharing a bed.

My money is on something like that happening before the end of the sixth episode in this mini-series.

Firefly
02-02-16, 17:44
To clarify: it's a fictional TV program making the Devil out to be something other than totally unregenerate evil. It's like making a comedy with Ted Bundy as a "happy-go-lucky" serial killer.

Zen Christianity: The Devil can only do what God allows.

But like they say on MST3K "It's just a tv show, I should really just relax"

WillBrink
02-02-16, 17:45

Ted Bundy was a real person... but your clarification makes more sense at least. I'm not going to defend the show from a moralistic POV but I will say it's not a "Glorifying the Devil" per se and the push/pull of good vs evil is there, along with Angels warning him the man upstairs is not happy and he needs to leave, etc etc.

Anyway, going way OT to the OP and that's my fault sir. No offenses intended there.

mtdawg169
02-02-16, 17:56
What was the reference on the headstone? The quote inscribed was pretty funny. I enjoyed the full on, tongue in cheek episode. Lots of good laughs in that one. Also was a lighthearted way to show Mulder's adaptation to his new reality where the aliens aren't the real issue.

HKGuns
02-02-16, 18:12
I loved last nights episode. It was totally tongue in cheek and very much reminded me of a few of the original episodes. :)

Firefly
02-02-16, 18:17
Plus the guy reminded me of the Geico Gecko.

That and even though both are like old, Mulder and Scully are still up for a groovy mystery.
Because like it or not, some of the MOTW eps were essentially Scooby Doo with FBI agents

Dave_M
02-02-16, 18:24

To be fair, they used to share a bed. Even showed them in it together in the last movie (rumor has it a sex scene was cut out of the movie). In episode one they made references to their former relationship, and if this really the last shabang, I hope they get back together in the end. Because Disney.

Alex V
02-02-16, 19:34

I agree Will.

Really? Doc? How could you compare the two. So if I was to say my favorite Stones song is Sympathy For The Devil and my favorite book is The Master and Margarita I might as well be diddling little boys? Wtf?

Moose-Knuckle
02-03-16, 01:13
. . . and Mulder being a non believer after all they saw and went through does not work at all. By the end of the series, the skeptic of the two, Scully, was a firm believer, much less Mulder. That odd angle they have decided to pursue makes no sense to any long term fan. They/we, have seen far too much not to believe at this point.

I did have a hard time with that part. After all the cases Mulder has investigated and the things he has scene first hand he would not be so skeptical.

In season eight there was an episode entitled Alone where a herpetologist experiments on himself and can turn into a man sized lizard that devours humans.

Many other MOTW episodes dealt with shape shifting . . .

In season one there was an episode entitled Shapes about an American-Indian skinwalker aka werewolf. In season five an episode entitled Folie a Deux was about a shape shifting insect monster that could change into human form and worked as a telemarketer lol. In season six an episode entitled Alpha was about an extinct dog from Asia known as the Wanshang Dhole, a man is bit by it and becomes a shape shifting "weredog". In season seven there was the episode Chimera were a jilted wife could transform into a monster killing her husbands mistresses.

Moose-Knuckle
02-03-16, 01:21
SPOILER

I knew when Mulder called the guy a lizard, and he shot back, "Lizard? That's RACIST!", that we were dealing with a deliberate put-on designed to be nothing but fun that you couldn't take too seriously.

The Lizard really stole every scene he was in. I love his conversation with Mulder where he calls him a racist! The whole need to get a job so he could pay bills and get a mortgage ("whatever that is") while explaining to him why he works in a cell phone store was genius.

Moose-Knuckle
02-03-16, 01:36
You guys knocking the last X Files ep are on crack like the lot lizard.

The LGBT crowd are screaming "transphobic" over that character; transgender, prostitute, drug addict, etc. :suicide:

Outrage Watch: Last night's 'X-Files' is being accused of transphobia
http://www.hitfix.com/news/outrage-watch-last-nights-x-files-is-being-accused-of-transphobia#Xkfwu3muceyrcJa5.99

I didn't think Mulder was being 'skeptical' as much as he knows what he knows and realizes that he isn't in his 20s anymore. He thought he knew about it all...the Alien Colonists, the Men in Black, etc and that what used to be weird just...wasn't.

Like Jack O'Neill from Stargate. After fighting wars on Earth...THEN killing literal Egyptian gods and realizing what the universe really was.....SG-1 was just another pain in the ass job. So he got super jaded.

Mulder is kinda going through that. We forget, and were reminded, before he was chasing down aliens and pissing off the darkest levels of shadowy government; He was a normal FBI agent doing profiling for kidnappings and murders. So he goes from that to aliens and overreaching conspiracies and now he's just kinda tired. Like "I'm getting too old for this shit". But....off he goes. Glock and flashlight in hand...

At this point Mulder is a burnout. Hopefully this will snap him back.

Moose-Knuckle
02-03-16, 01:41
Alright fellow X Philes, prepare to geek out . . .

Here is a comprehensive list of this week's episodes Easter Eggs.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/x-files-easter-eggs-weremonster.html#

I got a lot of these and was surprised no one commented on the inn keeper (Alex Diakun), he is a huge part of the franchise playing various nefarious characters through out the series and films. I knew the headstones had to be important but never knew the backstory on those folks.

BBossman
02-03-16, 05:02

The show has not missed a beat from the original 9 seasons.

Doc Safari
02-03-16, 09:09
I agree Will.

Really? Doc? How could you compare the two. So if I was to say my favorite Stones song is Sympathy For The Devil and my favorite book is The Master and Margarita I might as well be diddling little boys? Wtf?

Sympathy for the Devil is an ironic title. If you listen to the actual lyrics you won't have any sympathy for the Devil. The book I'm not familiar with.

But again, this is off topic. I just can't look at the Devil as anything other than all the murderers in history rolled into one. And I speak as someone who's run across genuine demonic manifestations.

Alex V
02-03-16, 10:03
Sympathy for the Devil is an ironic title. If you listen to the actual lyrics you won't have any sympathy for the Devil. The book I'm not familiar with.

But again, this is off topic. I just can't look at the Devil as anything other than all the murderers in history rolled into one. And I speak as someone who's run across genuine demonic manifestations.

The song was inspired by the book. The point is, that these are all fictional works and its odd to see someone get their panties in a bunch over a work of fiction...
“Who are you then?"
"I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.” ~ Goethe - Faust

WillBrink
02-03-16, 10:10
The song was inspired by the book. The point is, that these are all fictional works and its odd to see someone get their panties in a bunch over a work of fiction...
“Who are you then?"
"I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.” ~ Goethe - Faust

Although we agree to agree on that, it was I who took the thread OT, I think Doc Glockster did a fair job of clarifying his position on the matter, and no benefit served to anyone by continuing this one. I think it has potential to be a fun show. The End :neo:

Doc Safari
02-03-16, 10:17
So, back on topic, do you think this 6-episode mini-series will turn into a full-blown series renewal?

Alex V
02-03-16, 10:48
So, back on topic, do you think this 6-episode mini-series will turn into a full-blown series renewal?

I sure hope so!

WillBrink
02-03-16, 11:15

I suspect that depends strictly on the ratings. I have not checked how it's been received so far by the masses, but I hope so!

Alex V
02-03-16, 11:38
The ratings dropped a bit from week 1 to 3 but it is still number 1 in the time slot.

ramairthree
02-03-16, 16:06
That last episode was hilarious.

I do not think it will be a full show again because both stars have stated they are not interested in the lifestyle and schedule demands of a 24 episode per season series again.

I would be nice to see f ew more years of 6 to 10 episode seasons though

Mak8080
02-03-16, 18:28
I sure hope so!

Agreed. I don't care what people think. I want to believe.:D

Abraham
02-04-16, 10:46
Doc Glockster,

Halloween must be a bitch for you.

As a guy who looks at the supernatural as cave man superstition, I have no problem with Lucifer the tv show as there is no more a Lucifer than there is a unicorn. I do know there's man made evil, but sociopaths aren't supernatural.

If believing in ghousties and ghoulies and long leggedey beasties is your thing, well pardner, as someone suggested, don't watch.

In fact, there's so much deviltry on tv, you might want to get rid of it and burn a few books while you're at it.

Just kidding, I know where you're coming from.

Doc Safari
02-04-16, 10:50
Doc Glockster,

Halloween must be a bitch for you.

As a guy who looks at the supernatural as cave man superstition, I have no problem with Lucifer the tv show as there is no more a Lucifer than there is a unicorn. I do know there's man made evil, but sociopaths aren't supernatural.

If believing in ghousties and ghoulies and long leggedey beasties is your thing, well pardner, as someone suggested, don't watch.

In fact, there's so much deviltry on tv, you might want to get rid of it and burn a few books while you're at it.

Just kidding, I know where you're coming from.

If you knew what I know about genuine demonic activity, you would not be so flippant about it....and I will leave it at that, because I know most won't believe until they've experienced it.

As a TV show, I appreciate X-Files for presenting paranormal subject matter in a fictional vehicle but it is done respectfully. Most people would never believe that any of the MOTW shows have anything to do with reality, yet people worldwide see cryptids all the time without rational explanation. If you delve into the Bigfoot phenomenon, for example, you will find evidence of the supernatural almost as prevalent as evidence that it's a real animal.

WillBrink
02-04-16, 11:11
If you knew what I know about genuine demonic activity, you would not be so flippant about it....and I will leave it at that, because I know most won't believe until they've experienced it.

As a TV show, I appreciate X-Files for presenting paranormal subject matter in a fictional vehicle but it is done respectfully. Most people would never believe that any of the MOTW shows have anything to do with reality, yet people worldwide think they see cryptids all the time without rational explanation. If you delve into the Bigfoot phenomenon, for example, you will find evidence of the supernatural almost as prevalent as evidence that it's a real animal.

I want to believe! Sorry, it was just too perfect to pass up.

Going OT yet again, of the major categories of topics the X Files covers, I do believe in UFOs, with a stress on the U however. Regardless, just too much evidence at this point to explain as swamp gas and weather balloons. What they are I don't know, be it extraterrestrial or uber black project mil aircraft, but something not typical aircraft has been in our airspace a long time.

Big A
02-04-16, 11:33
I want to believe! Sorry, it was just too perfect to pass up.

Going OT yet again, of the major categories of topics the X Files covers, I do believe in UFOs, with a stress on the U however. Regardless, just too much evidence at this point to explain as swamp gas and weather balloons. What they are I don't know, be it extraterrestrial or uber black project mil aircraft, but something not typical aircraft has been in our airspace a long time.
I too believe in UFO'S in the strictest sense of the term. I don't automatically assume it is some extraterrestrial interstellar craft. Just an Unidentified Flying Object.

I'm also willing to believe in the existence of Bigfoot and appreciate honest scientific research into the matter. But until I have my own encounter with one or someone captures one I'll just have to examine the evidence and form my own conclusion.

Abraham
02-04-16, 12:17
" If you delve into the Bigfoot phenomenon, for example, you will find evidence of the supernatural almost as prevalent as evidence that it's a real animal."

Oh boy.

No, no it's not.

There isn't now nor ever has been a Bigfoot or it's colder cousin the Abominable Snowman.

The world is full of the superstitious gullible who like their caveman forebears like to stare into the campfire and dream up more superstitious flapdoodle.

My wife at one time worked with a guy who quite literally bought into the most bizarre ideas presented on, wait for it, The X-Files. I'm not joking.

I also have a relative who buys into a lot hogwash like Bigfoot and paranormal nonsense and thinks Nostradamus's 14th century predictions are right on the money.

Step right up, I've got paranormal bridge I'd like to sell you.

nova3930
02-04-16, 14:23
If they ever find one I need to know what caliber for sasquatch. Need a sasquatch skin rug in front of the fireplace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

nova3930
02-04-16, 14:25

Duchovny said in an interview neither he nor Anderson is interested in a full show. He also said he'd be interested in more mini series stuff like this 6 episode stint

Firefly
02-04-16, 14:28
I could live with a mini series every year.

I'd rather have six good eps a year than 20 crap eps.

Or...maybe do a two part TV movie every so often. Like Columbo or something.

I'd hate for it to get stupid like Walking Dead

Doc Safari
02-04-16, 14:37
" If you delve into the Bigfoot phenomenon, for example, you will find evidence of the supernatural almost as prevalent as evidence that it's a real animal."

Oh boy.

No, no it's not.

There isn't now nor ever has been a Bigfoot or it's colder cousin the Abominable Snowman.

The world is full of the superstitious gullible who like their caveman forebears like to stare into the campfire and dream up more superstitious flapdoodle.

My wife at one time worked with a guy who quite literally bought into the most bizarre ideas presented on, wait for it, The X-Files. I'm not joking.

I also have a relative who buys into a lot hogwash like Bigfoot and paranormal nonsense and thinks Nostradamus's 14th century predictions are right on the money.

But...don't you want to believe?

Big A
02-04-16, 14:37
If they ever find one I need to know what caliber for sasquatch. Need a sasquatch skin rug in front of the fireplace

10mm.

wildcard600
02-04-16, 15:09

Oh boy.

No, no it's not.

They have places where people go for outlandish that stuff every week, sometimes twice a week. I think its called "church" or something like that.

Back OT really liking the episodes so far, and i agree with others that I hope to see a another couple 6-10 episode mini-series in the future.

Ryno12
02-04-16, 15:13
10mm.

Somebody's paying attention. [emoji6]

nova3930
02-04-16, 15:17

Rofl sho nuff

nova3930
02-04-16, 15:20
I could live with a mini series every year.

I'd rather have six good eps a year than 20 crap eps.

Or...maybe do a two part TV movie every so often. Like Columbo or something.

I'd hate for it to get stupid like Walking Dead

I don't think it's coincidence that the best shows on TV have fewer episodes. Quality over quantity, all killer no filler.

Big A
02-04-16, 17:12
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160204/61a9df323c345fdda9f2bd50397c0385.jpg

Big A
02-04-16, 17:12
[emoji6] ...

Outlander Systems
02-04-16, 18:39
I've recommended this before, but I'm throwing this out there again.

Mirage Men Trailer:

http://youtu.be/pfR18lm4ADs

Basically the AFOSI, and the NSA drove a dude nuts, and actively falsified UFO crashes, as well as corroborative "evidence" in order to take the heat off a classified aerial platform at Kirtland AFB in the 80s. Dude was named Paul Bennewitz, and he was recording video of the platform, as well as doing his own SIGINT collection of Kirtland. The shit that went down was straight up, no bullshit, classic X-filesesque action. Rick Doty was basically the real-life version of Alex Krycek.

The entire thing ties into some oddball bullshit up to, and including, a New Mexico State Trooper, Gabe Valdez, who was investigating mysterious livestock mutilations/exanguinations and government research on radioactive materials being released from nuke testing. Doty is also, allegedly, tied to the entire Majestic 12 debacle and was, allegedly, part of an, allegedly "ad-hoc" group known as, "The Aviary" along with CIA Analyst Kit Greene, and Col. John B. Alexander USA, Ret.)

Sometimes truth is even weirder'an fiction.

HKGuns
02-04-16, 21:08
Seasons 1-9 Blue Ray arrived in the mail today.

I'm Binge watching Season One right now after a stressful day at the office.

Schweeeet!

Moose-Knuckle
02-05-16, 01:26
I've recommended this before, but I'm throwing this out there again.

Mirage Men Trailer:

http://youtu.be/pfR18lm4ADs

Basically the AFOSI, and the NSA drove a dude nuts, and actively falsified UFO crashes, as well as corroborative "evidence" in order to take the heat off a classified aerial platform at Kirtland AFB in the 80s. Dude was named Paul Bennewitz, and he was recording video of the platform, as well as doing his own SIGINT collection of Kirtland. The shit that went down was straight up, no bullshit, classic X-filesesque action. Rick Doty was basically the real-life version of Alex Krycek.

The entire thing ties into some oddball bullshit up to, and including, a New Mexico State Trooper, Gabe Valdez, who was investigating mysterious livestock mutilations/exanguinations and government research on radioactive materials being released from nuke testing. Doty is also, allegedly, tied to the entire Majestic 12 debacle and was, allegedly, part of an, allegedly "ad-hoc" group known as, "The Aviary" along with CIA Analyst Kit Greene, and Col. John B. Alexander USA, Ret.)

Sometimes truth is even weirder'an fiction.

Good stuff, the NM State Trooper is legit. I've watched numerous documentaries he's done.

For those that don't know during the 70's and 80's there were cattle mutilations across the SW United States, New Mexico had so many they created a special task force to investigate. Lot of theories; satanists, aliens, etc. This trooper hid out in sniper hides and will till you straight up it was .gov agents riding in Hueys and wearing gasmasks doing it.

Both the CIA and UK have released tons of material stating factually that UFOs were the perfect PYSOP to keep attention away from advanced aircraft. And of course the first saucer sighting wasn't until after our guys started to reverse engineer advanced Nazi aircraft out in the SW during the 40's.

Outlander Systems
02-05-16, 11:08
Indeed.

Trooper Valdez was able to recover everything from cyalume lightsticks to chaff. But, "aliens"...

Kenneth Arnold's description of the unidentified aircraft he witnessed is almost identical to the appearance of the Horten Ho 229. The "skipping motion" he described could very well have been induced by the lack of a rear horizontal and vertical stabilizers.

I would love to see what Paul Bennewitz initially intercepted from Kirtland. To the best of my knowledge, none of his photographic evidence, nor transcripts/details of his initial SIGINT collection have been released.

Good stuff, the NM State Trooper is legit. I've watched numerous documentaries he's done.

For those that don't know during the 70's and 80's there were cattle mutilations across the SW United States, New Mexico had so many they created a special task force to investigate. Lot of theories; satanists, aliens, etc. This trooper hid out in sniper hides and will till you straight up it was .gov agents riding in Hueys and wearing gasmasks doing it.

Both the CIA and UK have released tons of material stating factually that UFOs were the perfect PYSOP to keep attention away from advanced aircraft. And of course the first saucer sighting wasn't until after our guys started to reverse engineer advanced Nazi aircraft out in the SW during the 40's.

Doc Safari
02-05-16, 11:11
Indeed.

Trooper Valdez was able to recover everything from cyalume lightsticks to chaff. But, "aliens"...

Kenneth Arnold's description of the unidentified aircraft he witnessed is almost identical to the appearance of the Horten Ho 229. The "skipping motion" he described could very well have been induced by the lack of a rear horizontal and vertical stabilizers.

I would love to see what Paul Bennewitz initially intercepted from Kirtland. To the best of my knowledge, none of his photographic evidence, nor transcripts/details of his initial SIGINT collection have been released.

I have always thought that Kenneth Arnold's UFO and the Roswell UFO were actually the Horten stealth fighter. The reason Roswell is still kept secret is because some of the concepts in the Horten stealth fighter are still classified today.

Abraham
02-08-16, 11:27
wildcard600,

I couldn't agree more, but worldwide I think many are catching on that the supernatural in all of it's manifestations, is bunkum.

However, religion seems to provide solace for those who think life has to have some form of supernatural meaning in order to be enjoyed.

It doesn't.

I'm glad to have been born, enjoyed it all and soon will be shuffling off this mortal coil.

In the grand scheme of things, what mostly I accomplished was to pass on my genes, thanks to nature, not anything divine.

Once, I'm worm dirt, I will be soon (relatively speaking) be forgotten as have all who came before me.

As will you, whoever you are.

Billions came before you that you've never heard a word about, dead and quickly forgotten, that the truth.

You're not going to some mystical paradise in heaven.

When it's over, that's it, adieu!

No more you forever.

WillBrink
02-08-16, 11:39
Another monster of the week episode tonight. As there's only supposedly going to be 6 episodes, I so wish they would have focused primarily on the primary theme of the show: alien conspiracy. Maybe 2 of the 6 on monster of the week and 4 on the real theme of the show would be my choice. I'm enjoying the show, but most of the monster of the week episodes (with a few exceptions) were/are fillers for that main theme.

Doc Safari
02-08-16, 11:50
Another monster of the week episode tonight. As there's only supposedly going to be 6 episodes, I so wish they would have focused primarily on the primary theme of the show: alien conspiracy. Maybe 2 of the 6 on monster of the week and 4 on the real theme of the show would be my choice. I'm enjoying the show, but most of the monster of the week episodes (with a few exceptions) were/are fillers for that main theme.

I suspect Carter wanted to wait to see how this mini-series goes. What if the first and second episodes had been conspiracy episodes and had tanked so badly Fox decided to shelve the other four?

I always look back to Babylon Five for a lesson on "don't write too long a story arc." The series was supposed to unfold over five years, but the series got canceled and J. Michael Strazinsky had to compress the story into four years. That made the last four or five episodes in Season Four a rollercoaster of wrapping up sub-plots quickly. I think he did a great job, but when TNT picked the show up for the fifth season, there weren't many ideas left and the fifth season was somewhat of a letdown.

jmp45
02-08-16, 12:00
Another monster of the week episode tonight. As there's only supposedly going to be 6 episodes, I so wish they would have focused primarily on the primary theme of the show: alien conspiracy.

I agree, the first epi had my attention, tin hat and all. Started the second and kicked it out after about 5 minutes, lost interest. Some guy ending his tinnitus condition with a knife to the ear.

Honu
02-08-16, 18:20
I like it but its just like old episodes one could watch out of order and not be lost ? to me that again is not a mini series :)

Firefly
02-08-16, 18:25
Some people could find fault in buses of bikini clad 20 year old girls doling out free 6920s and blasting Van Halen while they do it.

PD Sgt.
02-08-16, 18:32
Some people could find fault in buses of bikini clad 20 year old girls doling out free 6920s and blasting Van Halen while they do it.

Hagar or Roth?

I keed, I keed.

Big A
02-08-16, 18:37
Yeah, that one with the jacked up teeth just ruins the whole lot of 'em...

Firefly
02-08-16, 18:40
Hagar or Roth?
I keed, I keed.

I believe I said Van HALEN. Not Hagar.
Dammit....people proving me right...

I have come to learn that maybe the guys with wild hair, smelling of whiskey, wearing tattered clothes, and with piss stains in the crotch preaching loudly and unsolicited on street corners aren't really sane people who finally realized what's actually going on and nobody believes them

Firefly
02-08-16, 18:41
Yeah, that one with the jacked up teeth just ruins the whole lot of 'em...

Ironically she gives the best hea--
Er, has the best personality.

HKGuns
02-08-16, 19:08

Yep I see it every day of the week.

Firefly
02-08-16, 20:30
That episode made me seriously emo.
That bitchy city council chick was hot in a bitchy milfy way.

But yeah it made me emo.

Next week promises some wacky hijinks.

I hope we get like 8 eps a year or a few movies here and there.

I know everyone is all about the alien conspiracy and we already know what happens. Right now, it's just good to see Mulder and Scully.

Yeah, we get it, GWAR was right. We're byproducts of drunken aliens mixing with monkeys. And the gooberment is in on it. But dammit, I just want a happy ending for Mulder and Scully.

Like JAG. They should just get married, move to the country, get their kid back and just grow old together.

But give us a few more eps and movies first. Maybe a crossover with Strike Back too.

Honu
02-09-16, 04:10
not finding fault :) its fun to watch again just wish it was more focused :)

Doc. Holiday
02-16-16, 12:56
Man after watching last nights episode...I REALLY REALLY hope that they just end the X-Files with this last episode and NOT take on a new strand with these two new characters. Seeing that they were introduced as characters as Mulder and Scully were is really making me wish that they just shut it down after this last episode.

WillBrink
02-16-16, 13:05
Man after watching last nights episode...I REALLY REALLY hope that they just end the X-Files with this last episode and NOT take on a new strand with these two new characters. Seeing that they were introduced as characters as Mulder and Scully were is really making me wish that they just shut it down after this last episode.

I didn't mind the show, but If they are trying to set those two up as the new Scully/Mulder and plan to re start the show with those two at a later date, count me out. I hope that's not the plan, but it smelled suspiciously like their intent.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-16-16, 13:09
I'm a couple behind on the DVR. But thru the night Lizard one played by the british guy, I don't see any need to continue. My wife and I are watching it out of a 20 year old habit from when we first started dating. If someone started watching with these episodes, it would hard to explain to them why there is such a cult around the show.

Doc. Holiday
02-16-16, 13:14
I didn't mind the show, but If they are trying to set those two up as the new Scully/Mulder and plan to re start the show with those two at a later date, count me out. I hope that's not the plan, but it smelled suspiciously like their intent.

Yea I plan on retiring WITH Mulder and Scully. I have ZERO interest if they decide to continue with those two.

Yea, I have been watching the show with my brothers (the new X files) and after they saw these last three they have been looking at my wife and I like we must be complete idiots. They have only like the the first episode so far (my wife and I included) the last episode better be amazing...

mtdawg169
02-16-16, 14:52
Yea I plan on retiring WITH Mulder and Scully. I have ZERO interest if they decide to continue with those two.

Yea, I have been watching the show with my brothers (the new X files) and after they saw these last three they have been looking at my wife and I like we must be complete idiots. They have only like the the first episode so far (my wife and I included) the last episode better be amazing...
It sort of sucks that 2 / 6 episodes have been worth watching.

austinN4
02-16-16, 15:13
It sort of sucks that 2 / 6 episodes have been worth watching.

Reminds me of the expression: https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-expression-you-can-never-go-home-again-mean

30 cal slut
02-17-16, 06:34
needs more aliens lol.

it's been monster of the week every week, with the exception of mulder's recent shroom trip.

Doc. Holiday
02-17-16, 08:56
Ya, I was REALLY hoping the mini series would just focus on the main plot, but it seems that they are almost avoiding it...

Firefly
02-22-16, 20:09
There is a HUGE difference between a Cliffhanger and jerking people off.

Alex V
02-22-16, 20:54
There is a HUGE difference between a Cliffhanger and jerking people off.

Dude. Blue balls like woah.

About half way through the episode I said to myself "there is no way they resolve this in a half an hour" F me, right?

At least we know something will follow. Movie, another mini series. Something. I need more Mulder and Scully.

Big A
02-22-16, 21:14

About half way through the episode I said to myself "there is no way they resolve this in a half an hour" F me, right?

At least we know something will follow. Movie, another mini series. Something. I need more Mulder and Scully.
You can have Mulder, I'll take Scully...

mtdawg169
02-22-16, 23:13

The whole episode was just frantic. It felt rushed and slapshod. Then, they leave us hanging. Again.

Shit.

Doc Safari
02-23-16, 09:14
So, do we have to wait a year for more episodes?

And will somebody update this thread so we can be watching for them?

Doc. Holiday
02-23-16, 09:22

I thought the samething when I looked at the clock. Holy crap....I can't express how disappointed I am with the mini series. I almost wish I didn't watch it. I was in love with the first two episodes then the middle three were horrific. Then thinking they will save the series by ending it with an awesome ending but like you I felt it was rushed and being left with blue balls like that was not a way to end things.

If I hear of anything concerning another series, I will post it here. I just can't promise I will be in for the next series (if there is one).

Moose-Knuckle
02-24-16, 01:30
You can have Mulder, I'll take Scully...

That's cool bro, I'll take Agent Einstein in her dominatrix getup . . .

ramairthree
02-24-16, 08:48
People will be so pissed at another cliff hanger that might not get wrapped up they no more episodes or movies will be made.

Cliffhanger never resolved.

jmoore
02-24-16, 08:56
The whole episode was just frantic. It felt rushed and slapshod. Then, they leave us hanging. Again.

Shit.

Yep - this^^^^^
My guess is the young FBI agents will take over any new series?

Pissed Off john

mtdawg169
02-24-16, 09:12
Yep - this^^^^^
My guess is the young FBI agents will take over any new series?

Pissed Off john
It won't be worth watching without Mulder and Scully.

jmoore
02-24-16, 11:07
It won't be worth watching without Mulder and Scully.

Episode 6 was barely worth watching WITH them!

Still Pissed Off john

Waylander
02-24-16, 12:06
They should have at minimum made it a 2 hour finale.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android

Doc. Holiday
02-24-16, 12:15
That's what I thought they were going to do. I was SHOCKED when they ended everything with a stupide 1 hour episode.

prdubi
02-24-16, 12:30
as long as we hammer Fox that we want more..We will get it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Doc. Holiday
02-24-16, 12:58
Ya, but more of this new stuff is not worth continuing. David and Jillian have already stated that they have no desire to continue on with a heavy workload of producing episodes weekly. That leaves Miller and the red head as the "new recruits" which is not something I plan on watching. They way they ended it sucked and to be honest the entire mini series was sub par so I am hoping that they just end it all for good here. (Says me)

Waylander
02-24-16, 13:35
Maybe the elders will at least be open to another movie even if they hand it off to the young'uns in the end. That would be a fitting segue.

Firefly
02-24-16, 14:46
This was pointless.

I don't care about new people who are Mulder and Scully clones.

The MOTW eps were actually kinda fun but they should have devoted six lean episodes to having a real resolution.

They find their kid and they take him in and they decide to live their life in peace.
Cigarette Man decides to broker a MiB deal with the colonists that keeps Earth sovereign. It'd be an interesting twist if we had developed technological or biological advances the aliens didn't have. No more experimentation is done and they reach an SG-1 style treaty whereupon the Aliens act as a vanguard against any other space-faring forces.

Hell...have the last title card read TRUTH BE TOLD.

You leave it open for a movie but it is satisfying and gives closure. Mulder, Scully, William, and Earth gets a happy ending. CSM redeems himself in a Bureaucratic Vader kind of way.

Or maybe X-Files should've just stayed in the innocence of the 90s. Because it's a given at this point the government doesn't give a shit.

Cliche as it is....a post 9/11 world doesn't make conspiracies fun because they have panned out to either be true or worse than we thought.

So....done with it.

Abraham
03-07-16, 12:47
How many of you speak Klingon?

All this angst about a tv show?

Sheesh!

(Some of you sound like the male cast of the "Big Bang Theory")

30 cal slut
03-07-16, 15:40
hu’tegh

Doc Safari
03-07-16, 15:54
Maltz...Cho Lee CHOO!

Dave_M
03-07-16, 17:58

Sheesh!

You take that back!

http://i65.tinypic.com/33c43fd.jpg

;)

Moose-Knuckle
03-08-16, 02:22

Sheesh!

I take it that you haven't seen our Star Wars TFA thread then . . .

Abraham
03-08-16, 12:54
Moose-Knuckle,

I have.

A fine assortment of Leonards, Sheldons, Wolowitzs, and Rajs posting.

Now, I'm off to eat some Gagh, aka blood worms.