PDA

View Full Version : Custom built LMT Lowers

C4IGrant
08-13-08, 13:48
Customers are constantly asking for LMT lowers with this part or that part added or removed. So to "help a brotha out" we have decided to do some packages for folks. We can use just about any stock or grip (VLTOR, TD, Magpul, etc) and also add different receiver plates, buffer weights and even different types of buffer springs.

Below you will find some lowers we have already put together to give you a better idea of what you can get. The LMT lowers come with LMT LPK's (FYI).

C4

Package 1

LMT Lower w/Single Stage Trigger
CMT 6 position receiver extension
LMT castle nut and receiver plate
CMT buffer spring
LMT H buffer
Magpul MOE Grip
Magpul MOE Stock

PRICE: $338

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_MOE_Black.jpg

Package 2

CMT buffer spring
LMT H buffer
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
Magpul MIAD (basic)
Magpul CTR Stock

PRICE: $400

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_CTR_Black.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_H_Buffer.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_Castlenut_Staking.jpg

thespyhunter
08-13-08, 13:51
Awesome !!

I will be looking for a package #2 in about 5 weeks :D. Dont sell them all too fast ;)

C4IGrant
08-13-08, 13:53
Awesome !!

I will be looking for a package #2 in about 5 weeks :D. Dont sell them all too fast ;)

LOL, well I have a good feeling about keeping these around at this price.

C4

rifleshooter
08-13-08, 18:00
I have a question about the H Buffer I see many M4s using a carbine weight buffer my LM&T Defender 2000 came with one. Where is the H buffer needed in the carbine length AR?

Magsz
08-13-08, 18:30
I am wondering the same. I had no idea that H buffers are actually designated with an H on them.

I was under the impression that my LMT defender 2000 lower had an H buffer but i guess im wrong since its not marked.

Grant, will the packages be available in other colors?

GONIF
08-13-08, 19:56
I never could tell the diff in a car buffer and an H buffer in any of my carbines. feel the same shoots the same to me . but all my carbins now have H buffers ,but I'm nerotic.:confused:

lexmedic157
08-14-08, 03:37
Grant,
A friend of mine and I have been waiting on our LMT lower for quite a while now, when are we going to get them?? I can't wait!!

lalakai
08-14-08, 04:15
I have a question about the H Buffer I see many M4s using a carbine weight buffer my LM&T Defender 2000 came with one. Where is the H buffer needed in the carbine length AR?

my experience is second hand with this. while qualifying with the M4, another officer had brought his own M4 down and was just shooting it; having problems also. Range officer swapped out the man's buffer and put in H buffer and problem solved.

It may have been an ammo issue, but the shorter gas system on the carbines isn't real friendly toward the weapon's cycling abilities and changing the buffer is one of the easiest fixes. don't ask me why the shorter gas tube would cause this, can only relay what i have seen. On the 16" middy i'm building, i'm starting with an H buffer.

rob_s
08-14-08, 08:28
Good idea Grant.

C4IGrant
08-14-08, 09:14

At a minimum I would use an H buffer with a carbine gas system and really be looking at H2's and H3's.

C4

C4IGrant
08-14-08, 09:15
I am wondering the same. I had no idea that H buffers are actually designated with an H on them.

I was under the impression that my LMT defender 2000 lower had an H buffer but i guess im wrong since its not marked.

Grant, will the packages be available in other colors?

Negative. All LMT lowers and complete AR's come with car buffers.

This package will be available in colors.

C4

C4IGrant
08-14-08, 09:16
Grant,
A friend of mine and I have been waiting on our LMT lower for quite a while now, when are we going to get them?? I can't wait!!

No idea who you are or what you are talking about (sorry).

C4

rifleshooter
08-14-08, 10:36
At a minimum I would use an H buffer with a carbine gas system and really be looking at H2's and H3's.

C4

Grant I found this chart at http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/buffers

Are the weights correct as to the Car buffer and the "H" buffer that can be bought today?

Iraqgunz
08-14-08, 10:38
Grant,

What about one of the kits with just a standard trigger set up?

markm
08-14-08, 10:55
What hammer is that? I see it's notchless...

C4IGrant
08-14-08, 11:23
Grant I found this chart at http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/buffers

Are the weights correct as to the Car buffer and the "H" buffer that can be bought today?

They look close. Here are the numbers that I generally find to be true:

Standard CAR 2.9 oz.
H buffer is 3.8 oz.
H2 buffer is 4.6 oz.
Rifle buffer is 5.17 oz.
9mm buffer is 5.5 oz.
H3 buffer is 5.6 oz.

C4

C4IGrant
08-14-08, 11:24
Grant,

What about one of the kits with just a standard trigger set up?

I am not sure what a standard kit is. The triggers that are the in the above lowers are a standard LMT USGI trigger.

C4

Iraqgunz
08-14-08, 11:44
Grant,

Gotcha. I though they were somehow different (or I read it somewhere) that they were different. Damn, if I was home right now I would scoop one up.

I am not sure what a standard kit is. The triggers that are the in the above lowers are a standard LMT USGI trigger.

C4

rifleshooter
08-14-08, 17:24
They look close. Here are the numbers that I generally find to be true:

Standard CAR 2.9 oz.
H buffer is 3.8 oz.
H2 buffer is 4.6 oz.
Rifle buffer is 5.17 oz.
9mm buffer is 5.5 oz.
H3 buffer is 5.6 oz.

C4

I did not mean to take the thread off your intended subject but I just wanted to know what to expect when ordering a custom lower and asking for a special buffer.

flyer
08-14-08, 17:35
Why the CMT 6 position receiver extension and buffer spring? Why not the LMT versions? Did you put the lowers together from scratch or just modify them?

28_days
08-14-08, 19:11
Why the CMT 6 position receiver extension and buffer spring? Why not the LMT versions? Did you put the lowers together from scratch or just modify them?

Probably due to the price difference. LMT is quality, but you definitely pay for it. Many people aren't big on shelling out $50+ for a receiver extension. The difference between a CMT and LMT extension is probably negligible anyway.

vaglocker
08-19-08, 13:22
What are the benefits of the CTR stock over the MOE stock?

spamsammich
08-19-08, 13:27
I'm sure this has been covered before, but the MOE lacks the friction lock and the quick release sling mount. Some people rave about the friction lock on the CTR but I find that I never use it. The missing QD sling mount would take some getting used to for me.

C4IGrant
08-19-08, 14:11
I'm sure this has been covered before, but the MOE lacks the friction lock and the quick release sling mount. Some people rave about the friction lock on the CTR but I find that I never use it. The missing QD sling mount would take some getting used to for me.

Right you are. If you are fan of the rear connection point on the CTR, try doing some offhand shooting with it and see if you still like your sling mounted there.

C4

ZDL
08-19-08, 14:51
very cool

22_Shooter
08-19-08, 15:17
I just started another thread asking about LMT lowers, I'm not sure how I missed this one <smacks forehead>.

So for instance, could I get a "Package 1", minus the stock? (side question: If you left on the tube/spring/buffer, could I use them with a fixed stock later on? I have no idea about putting a fixed stock on a 6-pos. receiver extension.) What would the price be?

These kind of packages are just what I have been looking for lately!

ZDL
08-19-08, 15:55
Grant-

Is this a limited time only thing?

ARsforlife
08-20-08, 17:42
:)

nice looking units

C4IGrant
08-21-08, 08:40
I just started another thread asking about LMT lowers, I'm not sure how I missed this one <smacks forehead>.

So for instance, could I get a "Package 1", minus the stock? (side question: If you left on the tube/spring/buffer, could I use them with a fixed stock later on? I have no idea about putting a fixed stock on a 6-pos. receiver extension.) What would the price be?

These kind of packages are just what I have been looking for lately!

All packages must leave with a stock (sorry). Generally, no on putting a fixed stock on a carbine RE.

C4

22_Shooter
08-22-08, 05:01
All packages must leave with a stock (sorry).

C4

I'm gonna guess this is an LMT policy. I've emailed a couple different vendors and got the same answer. But I've seen many lowers, other than LMT, sold in the complete/no-stock configuration.

Nod your head if I'm right:D.

C4IGrant
08-22-08, 08:22
I'm gonna guess this is an LMT policy. I've emailed a couple different vendors and got the same answer. But I've seen many lowers, other than LMT, sold in the complete/no-stock configuration.

Nod your head if I'm right:D.

Correct.

C4

Fringe
08-27-08, 23:08
Hey Grant,
Just placed an order for a BCM middy with some extras and want to add one of your lower kits, but did not see them on your site.
Please advise how I can arrange order.
Thanks much.

C4IGrant
08-28-08, 08:47
Hey Grant,
Just placed an order for a BCM middy with some extras and want to add one of your lower kits, but did not see them on your site.
Please advise how I can arrange order.
Thanks much.

Here you go: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=18292

C4

Fringe
08-28-08, 10:50
Grant,
Sorry, should have been more specific. I want to order a full LMT lower package that you show at the beginning of this thread.
Thanks

C4IGrant
08-28-08, 10:54
Grant,
Sorry, should have been more specific. I want to order a full LMT lower package that you show at the beginning of this thread.
Thanks

Roger. Give us a call to order.

C4

Fringe
08-28-08, 11:15
Copy. Just left a message at your shop.
Thanks.

scottp999
08-29-08, 16:46
:D Just placed an order for package number 2. Looks like a great deal. Can't Wait! Thanks.

flyer
08-30-08, 06:16
After a short conversation with Grant, I was sold on a slightly modified package 1 option. Now I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Mark/MO
08-30-08, 11:05
I've been wanting to get a lower and then save for an upper. These really look great. If Grant hadn't already gotten my rathole money recently I'd order one now. Well there's something else to save my lunch money for. :)
I hope he's right and they'll have them available for a while.

UPSguy
08-31-08, 13:59
a question was asked but not answered earlier. Why the CMT reciever extension and not the LMT?

Chris17404
08-31-08, 14:24
Right you are. If you are fan of the rear connection point on the CTR, try doing some offhand shooting with it and see if you still like your sling mounted there.

Could you clarify this reply? I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the CTR stock is good for offhand shooting, or not? Thanks!

Chris

spamsammich
08-31-08, 14:48
He's saying that rear mounting point does not make off hand transitions easy.

CMT tube is $5 cheaper than the LMT. Given the fact that some people out there would certainly bitch over that $5 difference, I think Grant is just heading them off at the pass.

C4IGrant
09-01-08, 10:08
Could you clarify this reply? I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the CTR stock is good for offhand shooting, or not? Thanks!

Chris

The stock is just fine for shooting offhand. Mounting your sling to the rear of the stock is not so good.

C4

C4IGrant
09-01-08, 10:10
a question was asked but not answered earlier. Why the CMT reciever extension and not the LMT?

CMT RE's are actually Colt RE's. We find them to be more consistent in their size, cheaper and do not have that dry film lube on them that rubs off (which people complain about).

So to make it easy, we think they are better.

C4

ZDL
09-04-08, 16:15
Just ordered package #1. Looking forward to it. :D

scottp999
09-06-08, 12:04
Package 2 showed up at my FFL yesterday. I got to take a quick look (7 day waiting period) and could not be happier.

Thanks Grant!

C4IGrant
09-06-08, 12:11
Package 2 showed up at my FFL yesterday. I got to take a quick look (7 day waiting period) and could not be happier.

Thanks Grant!

Great! Hope you like it.

C4

ZDL
09-06-08, 13:15
Grant-

Sent you a PM when you get a chance.

ZDL
09-11-08, 17:39
GRANT-

Got my lower today. Looks phenomenal. Top notch turn around as well. Very happy. Look forward to completing this rifle and starting a few more with you.

ZDL

thetallengineer
09-11-08, 18:48
Eagerly awaiting the arrival of mine. Thanks again Grant for offering these packages.

C4IGrant
09-18-08, 13:20
Eagerly awaiting the arrival of mine. Thanks again Grant for offering these packages.

You are welcome.

C4

C4IGrant
09-18-08, 14:11
My eyes! My eyes!

This lower is built and ready for a happy home! Price is $530!

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_UBR_FDE.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_UBR_FDE_HBuffer.jpg

Fringe
09-18-08, 14:37
WOW. That seems like a pretty good deal. How much are you selling the UBR for?

LonghunterCO
09-18-08, 15:18
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_UBR_FDE.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_UBR_FDE_HBuffer.jpg

Oh Man! That is smokn'.

C4IGrant
09-18-08, 16:47
WOW. That seems like a pretty good deal. How much are you selling the UBR for?

I think the UBR's are $251 on our website.

C4

bushmasterar15
09-18-08, 17:32
PM sent when you have a chance.

scottp999
09-18-08, 18:33
Quite gorgeous!

wahoo95
09-18-08, 21:06
Sweet.....I'd like one! Just sent you a PM Grant :)

NetJunkie
09-18-08, 23:06
Sweet.....I'd like one! Just sent you a PM Grant :)

I want to see it when you get it. I'm thinking of ordering one too.

C4IGrant
09-19-08, 08:57
Quite gorgeous!

Thanks.

C4

C4IGrant
09-20-08, 15:13
Here are some more pics of custom LMT lowers in different colors.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_CTR_FDE.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_MOE_OD.jpg

firebaby
09-22-08, 14:25
Just ordered package 1 lower, with OD Green grip and stock.Can't wait to get it.
Thanks

wahoo95
09-22-08, 14:32
Just ordered package 1 lower, with OD Green grip and stock.Can't wait to get it.
Thanks

I just did the same :)

C4IGrant
09-22-08, 16:37
Thanks guys.

C4

firebaby
09-26-08, 16:42
Just received my lower from GR tactical. it looks realy good grant can't wait to get a upper to keep her company.

ZDL
10-04-08, 12:36
another package 1 for me and an LMT 16 inch upper to match.

Grant- I didn't get time to explain, on why I went with the LMT upper instead of the BCM middy. I plan on doing a middy in the coming weeks I just wanted to keep reading and learning before I jumped on that ship. Since I am without internet until monday........... :mad: .............. I just went with what I am familiar with on this build.

BTW no one is saying it, perhaps it's not a big deal to some, the rubber pad insert located where the trigger guard meets the grip....... Greatest invention ever. I'm confident saying that will get me made fun of... :o

wahoo95
10-04-08, 13:22
I have never heard anyone make fun of "The Gapper" nor the need for it.....very useful indeed :) I was truly surprised and happy when I received my new lower from Grant and it had one installed already :D

C4IGrant
10-04-08, 13:32
Glad you guys like the gapper. We thought it was a good idea to throw them in.

C4

Rik
10-18-08, 14:24
Just to be clear, these are NOT offered anymore?

C4IGrant
10-18-08, 14:45
Just to be clear, these are NOT offered anymore?

Correct.

C4

NetJunkie
10-18-08, 14:54
Correct.

C4

Boooooooooooo!

ZDL
10-18-08, 14:56
Correct.

C4

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was only able to buy 2. Had at least 2 more planned. Oh well... What else you got coming down the pipe?

C4IGrant
10-18-08, 15:03
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was only able to buy 2. Had at least 2 more planned. Oh well... What else you got coming down the pipe?

We have Noveske semi-complete lowers in stock right now. We also planning on doing some stuff with S&W, CD lowers & Mega lowers. ;)

C4

ZDL
10-18-08, 15:07
We have Noveske semi-complete lowers in stock right now. We also planning on doing some stuff with S&W, CD lowers & Mega lowers. ;)

C4

Awesome.

Information on the noveske lowers can be found where?

C4IGrant
10-18-08, 15:24
Awesome.

Information on the noveske lowers can be found where?

Nothing out yet as we just got some in. Will get something up shortly.

C4

C4IGrant
10-18-08, 16:20
Here is what we just got in from Noveske. They come with the following:

LPK (less trigger group)
CMT 6 Position RE
Buffer Spring
H buffer
TD Battle Grip

You just need to add the stock and trigger group.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/JN%20Rifleworks/N4_Lower_Complete.jpg

ra2bach
10-19-08, 00:26
how much?

QuickStrike
10-19-08, 04:55
Here is what we just got in from Noveske. They come with the following:

LPK (less trigger group)
CMT 6 Position RE
Buffer Spring
H buffer
TD Battle Grip

You just need to add the stock and trigger group.

C4

[ig]http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/JN%20Rifleworks/N4_Lower_Complete.jpg[/img]

Put me down for one please!

Tried to pester you about a Noveske lower with calls and a PM a few weeks back, with no response? :confused:

C4IGrant
10-19-08, 13:31
how much?

I believe they are $338.

C4

C4IGrant
10-19-08, 13:32
Put me down for one please!

Tried to pester you about a Noveske lower with calls and a PM a few weeks back, with no response? :confused:

Not surprising. We are completely covered up with business.

C4

carbinero
11-08-08, 14:33
Do you plan to offer LMT custom lowers in the future, if so, can you give approx. month as to when?

I'd like to email you about getting on a waiting list for one of these (1st choice) or a factory LMT.

Cagemonkey
11-08-08, 16:19
Customers are constantly asking for LMT lowers with this part or that part added or removed. So to "help a brotha out" we have decided to do some packages for folks. We can use just about any stock or grip (VLTOR, TD, Magpul, etc) and also add different receiver plates, buffer weights and even different types of buffer springs.

Below you will find some lowers we have already put together to give you a better idea of what you can get. The LMT lowers come with LMT LPK's (FYI).

C4

Package 1

CMT buffer spring
LMT H buffer
Magpul MOE Grip
Magpul MOE Stock

PRICE: $338

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_MOE_Black.jpg

Package 2

CMT buffer spring
LMT H buffer
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
Magpul MIAD (basic)
Magpul CTR Stock

PRICE: $400

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_H_Buffer.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7C2_Castlenut_Staking.jpg Any way to get a complete LMT lower with A2 stock or no buffer tube/receiver ext. Live in state with AWB. Thanx, cagemonkey

spamsammich
11-09-08, 03:09
Any way to get a complete LMT lower with A2 stock or no buffer tube/receiver ext. Live in state with AWB. Thanx, cagemonkey

If Grant doesn't offer them, LMT has them listed on their website.

C4IGrant
11-10-08, 08:09
Any way to get a complete LMT lower with A2 stock or no buffer tube/receiver ext. Live in state with AWB. Thanx, cagemonkey

I have one in stock right now.

C4

SHIVAN
11-10-08, 09:24

Do you have one of these??

carbinero
11-10-08, 11:54
I'll buy your LMT lower if it isn't already spoken for, Grant.

Sending email.

Cagemonkey
11-10-08, 17:33
I have one in stock right now.

C4Great. I'll fax my dealer's FFL tomorrow and give you my payment info. Thanx Grant... Cagemonkey

carbinero
11-11-08, 12:13
Since you've likely already gone to your FFL, I'll back out...this time ;)

Enjoy, Cagemonkey.

SHIVAN
11-11-08, 12:22
Since you've likely already gone to your FFL, I'll back out...this time ;)

Enjoy, Cagemonkey.

Well considering I've been trying to buy an LMT lower from Grant for two weeks, I'm curious how this did not show up in my email inbox before either of you guys were fighting over it.

:confused: