PDA

View Full Version : DRD Tactical M762 (Takedown Rifle - Video)

Fireman1291
01-22-16, 14:21
Well this is the second rifle review we have finished out of four we doing for DRD Tactical. We already did the very very interesting Paratus 762 and now the M762. The next two will be the CDR15 with 556 and 300blk barrel you can swap out and last but not least the Kivaari 338LM big bore!

We got some constructive feedback on the Paratus video that mentioned we should do a accuracy test after swapping the barrel on and off so we did just that. I hope you enjoy the video! Please let me know if you have any questions!

-Adam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVT6bAQ5faE

JC5188
01-22-16, 17:07
Recoil looks pretty sharp compared to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireman1291
01-23-16, 07:32
Some Notes: Paratus vs M762 (cost eval)

The Paratus has an overhead system while the M762 is a standard AR10 configuration.

The reason the Paratus cost more is all the proprietary parts cost more to machine/manufacture.

Take a quick look at the tabletop section at the END of the Paratus video where I take it down for cleaning. You'll see the recoil system and BCG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiT3doa9XI8

JC5188
01-23-16, 08:19
Sorry, my comment was unnecessarily vague...

I mean it appears sharp in recoil compared to some other 7.62 AR variants. I have an ArmaLite version...that is my baseline for comparison. Also, looking at the MrGunsngear review of a Wilson variant, the Wilson seems to have more of a push than a kick.

Not saying it's unmanageable. Just an observation.

Also, with this crowd, I'd expect a little push back using three shot groups as an accuracy demonstration. Ten shot groups, I'm sure you're aware, are what typically is expected.

Nice job on the review. Seems well thought out overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drummer
01-23-16, 10:25
I'm more interested in point of impact shift after removing the barrel than the group size changing. it appears that there is some shift in the 3-round groups but it very well may be shooter induced vs the barrel change. from the target, it looks like a couple of the groups shifted upwards an inch to inch and a half from the original group. Removing the rifle from the rest and loosing your shooting stance obviously creates more room for shooter error vs the rifle.

The only criticism that I have is that I'd like to see two 5 round groups shot while removing the barrel in between to see if that would provide a more accurate indication of POI change.

1911-A1
01-23-16, 11:29
It's neat, but only worth the premium to a handful of people. Most of us leave our guns built and break them into upper and lower halves for transport.

Fireman1291
01-23-16, 16:37
Notes taken on the groups. The 338LM video is going to cost me! lol

misfit47
02-29-16, 00:07
So is anyone currently running an m762? This is a rather intriguing system. I too would like to know about poi shifts with 5 shot groups.

Benito
03-01-16, 03:30
It's neat, but I'd prefer a tighter twist rate than the 1 in 12", a phosphate or NP3 coating rather than the NiB on the BCG, and 7075 rather than 6061 Aluminum upper & lower.

It did look like there was a bit of POI shift, but not sure if that was the rifle, how consistent the ammo was, etc.

I guess when taken down it does make the overall package about 6-7" shorter than the usual separation of upper & lower. It's neat, no question.