PDA

View Full Version : Shot show giveaway winner(s)?

ColtSeavers
01-22-16, 15:56
Is there to be any public notification of the Shot show giveaway winners? Did I miss it?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?179332-M4Carbine-net-SHOT-Show-Giveaway-Part-1!

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?179379-M4Carbine-net-SHOT-Show-Giveaway-Part-2!

I do understand the second one is currently still underway as of this posting, but the first one is over now.

Not trying to stir up anything, not upset (I assume as I've not been notified of anything that I am not one of the winners), just genuinely curious.

Mods, I've posted in ARGD as this is where the threads were created and posted in as well, if this is inappropriate, please do as you see is necessary.

Leaveammoforme
01-25-16, 17:18
From Googling around it looks like someone on TOS won the rifle.

Inkslinger
01-25-16, 18:49

That's just wrong...

WrongEnd0fTheGun
01-25-16, 19:13
It would be cool if we could get some pics and reviews from the winners....

PaLEOjd
01-25-16, 19:57

Do you have a link to TOS where is states who the winner was?

Leaveammoforme
01-25-16, 20:32
Do you have a link to TOS where is states who the winner was?

I'm not going to link it as I don't want to be viewed as 'stirring the pot'.

One thing to keep in mind is our (M4C) threads were locked when entry time ended. I assume this was done to prevent several more pages of "I want super precision" posts.

The winner on TOS was announced in their contest thread.

ETA- Another thought is that we seemed to have lots of first and second ever posts in our threads. If someone has been a member for several years but only has a post count of 2, I highly doubt they give us a write up on something they may have won.

ajacobs
01-25-16, 20:37
The contests on the other site where on different days I think . separate contests?

RIDE
01-25-16, 21:05
I thought it was only for M4C, was I incorrect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Endur
01-25-16, 21:24
I thought it was only for M4C, was I incorrect?

I thought the same.

REdruM0351
01-25-16, 21:51
This is a bit dissappointing.

SilverBullet432
01-25-16, 21:57
Very disappointed. 32 pages of "I want super precision" I even said please.. :cry:

Jwknutson17
01-25-16, 22:03
I'm just going to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point saying that they just haven't come out and done the drawing or announced the winners of both drawings. With the locking the thread and then with the drawing format, I don't see how it wouldn't be just for M4C members. I don't doubt Mr. Geissele or other Mod will fill everyone in shortly.

Striker6
01-25-16, 22:04
Seeing as the OP has ten of his total eleven posts in the giveaway threads, I get the impression that he is not very interested or vested in our community here.

masakari
01-25-16, 22:06
I was very curious about this too, and have been checking in often. I also thought it was an M4C contest.
The masses at ARF getting in on this surely decreases the likelihood of winning by a large amount. Kind of like the recent powerball.
I don't know how they could choose which post wins if they use both sites, as there would be duplicate post numbers.

ColtSeavers
01-25-16, 22:07
Seeing as the OP has ten of his total eleven posts in the giveaway threads, I get the impression that he is not very interested or vested in our community here.

Umm....
http://trinities.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/not-sure-if-serious.jpg

masakari
01-25-16, 22:21
Umm....

10/11 vs 2/948, meh it's basically the same. Haha

Endur
01-25-16, 22:33
I would hold negative comments and judgment considering they were offering a giveaway of high dollar items for this forums members. It would behoove some to realize they were at SHOT and probably still very busy packing up.

masakari
01-25-16, 22:38
I would hold negative comments and judgment considering they were offering a giveaway of high dollar items for this forums members. It would behoove some to realize they were at SHOT and probably still very busy packing up.

I don't think anyone posted any negative comments at all.

Except for the guy commenting about the OP. But nothing even remotely negative was said about the giveaway or the sponsors.

Endur
01-25-16, 22:39
I don't think anyone posted any negative comments at all.

Passive aggressive implications were made.

Michael_556
01-26-16, 08:36
Based on the information in the threads for the contest, there were four separate contests, with two being on TOS and two being here. Only the first day's contest winner was announced on TOS. The second day did not have a winner announced. My guess is they notified the other three winners privately.

BatteryOperated
01-26-16, 09:07
The winners should be (have been) notified at least by a PM.

Doc. Holiday
01-28-16, 09:51
Yup, I was! I won a rail from them and they are shipping it to me now :-) I chose the 13" Super Modular Rail MK8

Thanks again Giessele!

rif4trbo
01-28-16, 10:53
I was the winner of the rifle with optic choice and any geissele rail in stock [emoji1] I got the pm yesterday

ColtSeavers
01-28-16, 10:57
Congratulations to the winners!

JC5188
01-28-16, 11:41
Congrats to all :)

Dammit. :(

WickedWillis
01-28-16, 13:30
Well, congrats guys!

GACS
01-28-16, 13:46
Sorry for the late reply guys, we didn't forget about you.
There was only one winner for the 1st drawing. That was parsonbw and he won an ALG Defense AR15 and an Armorers Tool Kit

There were 5 winners for the 2nd drawing

rif4trbo won an ALG Defense AR15 and a Geissele Rail
themonk won a Geissele rail
Doc. Holiday won a Geissele rail
hemitrx4 won a Geissele rail
DRJ won a Geissele trigger

There will be links to videos of the drawings uploaded shortly.

DRJ
01-28-16, 14:11
I won the trigger. Happy Happy Happy and Thanks Thanks Thanks

mutedblade
01-28-16, 15:33
Congratulations to the winners and thank you GACS for the opportunity to participate in such an awesome giveaway.

Leaveammoforme
01-28-16, 15:54
You guys better try to wear those rifles out. Congrats to all the winners!

Thanks Geissele and G&R for giving us all the chance!

titsonritz
01-28-16, 16:04
Congrats you guys. Thanks GACS for the opportunity.

themonk
01-28-16, 16:27
Yup, I was! I won a rail from them and they are shipping it to me now :-) I chose the 13" Super Modular Rail MK8

Thanks again Giessele!

Yes, same as Holiday and I chose the same rail - 13" Super Modular Rail MK8.

Thank you Giessele for putting on a great giveaway and making awesome products.

For those in the thread that wanted a review; I own enough Giessele already owning one of their older rails and Giessele SSA or G2S triggers in all my rifles to say they are beyond awesome. You should have no hesitation to buy any product from Giessele or ALG. All rock solid!

ColtSeavers
01-28-16, 17:41
I too would like to thank GACS for the event!

Doc. Holiday
01-28-16, 17:45
Sorry for the late reply guys, we didn't forget about you.
There was only one winner for the 1st drawing. That was parsonbw and he won an ALG Defense AR15 and an Armorers Tool Kit

There were 5 winners for the 2nd drawing

rif4trbo won an ALG Defense AR15 and a Geissele Rail
themonk won a Geissele rail
Doc. Holiday won a Geissele rail
hemitrx4 won a Geissele rail
DRJ won a Geissele trigger

There will be links to videos of the drawings uploaded shortly.

Thanks again for the hook up! :D

.46caliber
01-28-16, 19:12
Thanks guys for the giveaway, but more importantly, thanks to Geissele and ALG. You all turn out awesome products, both the top end and the value, and back it all up with service as solid as the engineering.

SeriousStudent
01-28-16, 23:10
Very cool! Now let's see some pics of that rifle filthy dirty at a range, and big grin on yer face. ;)

BatteryOperated
01-29-16, 06:09
Damn, always a bridesmaid. :) Congrats to all the forum prize winners!

parsonbw
01-29-16, 07:57
Finally realized that being a winner was legit. I am very, very, very, grateful to Geissele, ALG, Hi-Lux, M4 Carbine and anyone else involved. Thanks to Charlie at Geissele for the emails and help. I certainly didn't deserve to win, but am very appreciative to have done so. You guys that spend far more time than I have time with your AR's deserved it more than I. I have purchased several triggers from Geissele for my Colt AR's, and I know the quality of their triggers.
Have not recieved the rifle and accessories yet, but when they arrive, I'll have my granddaughter post a pic and will let you know how the AR functions. At 70yrs. of age, I still haven't lost my love to shoot and do a little gunsmithing (shade tree type stuff! ). I'm a combat vet of Viet-Nam '68-69', and a hunter and shooter since I was able to walk. So I'm looking forward to my new rifle. I enjoy this forum very much, and don't have time to participate very often. I thought when you got my age, things would slow down, but I'm busier now than ever.
But to all involved with the giveaway, I thank you very much, and as a side note, the first time I have ever won anything in my entire life!
Thanks again, Barry (parsonbw)

themonk
01-29-16, 07:59
Finally realized that being a winner was legit. I am very, very, very, grateful to Geissele, ALG, Hi-Lux, M4 Carbine and anyone else involved. Thanks to Charlie at Geissele for the emails and help. I certainly didn't deserve to win, but am very appreciative to have done so. You guys that spend far more time than I have time with your AR's deserved it more than I. I have purchased several triggers from Geissele for my Colt AR's, and I know the quality of their triggers.
Have not recieved the rifle and accessories yet, but when they arrive, I'll have my granddaughter post a pic and will let you know how the AR functions. At 70yrs. of age, I still haven't lost my love to shoot and do a little gunsmithing (shade tree type stuff! ). I'm a combat vet of Viet-Nam '68-69', and a hunter and shooter since I was able to walk. So I'm looking forward to my new rifle. I enjoy this forum very much, and don't have time to participate very often. I thought when you got my age, things would slow down, but I'm busier now than ever.
But to all involved with the giveaway, I thank you very much, and as a side note, the first time I have ever won anything in my entire life!

Awesome! Congrats parsonbw!!

TXBK
01-29-16, 08:19
Congrats, to all of the winners. Geissele is one of the companies I support with every AR I own. Stand up company, no doubt, that produces fantastic products. Thank you, Geissele for the opportunity...Stay Classy!

Leaveammoforme
01-29-16, 13:55

Sounds to me like a rifle went to the right place. I think you do deserve it.

parsonbw
01-29-16, 14:15
Thanks for the good words, leaveammoforme.

JC5188
01-30-16, 06:45

Nice! Glad to see a vet get the big prize. Congrats Sir. :)

parsonbw
01-30-16, 06:49
Nice! Glad to see a vet get the big prize. Congrats Sir. :)

Thank you Sir

Halln
01-30-16, 14:14
Congratulations!

hemitrx4
01-30-16, 15:01
Yes thanks so much for the giveaway...just waiting on the rail to post pics

REdruM0351
01-31-16, 08:59
Awesome guys CONGRATULATIONS! Remember to post some pics/videos of you guys tearing it up!

Gabriel556
01-31-16, 17:18
Congratulations to all the winners. May these prizes bring many smiles(especially the rifles and tools!)

Also, a big thank you to Geissele as well for the drawing. One day I will be able to try some of your triggers out.

themonk
02-02-16, 15:02
I received my rail today. For the record, I never win anything. I think I won a raffle in the 5th grade and that's about it. So to win a rail in this giveaway is extra special!

First off, I have to say it was the most nicely packed accessory I have ever received. Everything was in its place and well protected. I choose the 13" Super Modular Rail MK8 in Desert Dirt Color.

The package came with a hat, schwag bag, Stainless Steel Geissele Super Gas Block, and rail tool kit. As usual the schwag bag is excellent with moral patches, stickers and zipper pulls. Love the "For God and Country" sticker and morale patch!

My local shop is a Geissele dealer so this is the not the first MK8 I have fondled. Due to anodizing, the color can be different from batch to batch. I would say this rail is in the Burnt Bronze color tone if you are familiar with that cerakote color. The rail is a work of art as usual.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/laddmc/2016-02-02%2015.18.50_zpsgy1izjmm.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/laddmc/2016-02-02%2015.19.24_zps2oxikvde.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/laddmc/2016-02-02%2015.19.53_zpsvbsy4nn5.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/laddmc/2016-02-02%2015.21.24_zpsxzqrdyea.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/laddmc/2016-02-02%2015.21.28_zpsomve3sov.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/laddmc/2016-02-02%2015.32.46_zpsdsjc54h4.jpg

I will try to get it installed tomorrow. My plan is to put it on a 16" build with a Larue Stealth barrel. The MK8 will be replacing a 13" KMR. I will post more picks when she is installed. Thanks again to everyone at Geissele! Awesome giveaway!!

Doc. Holiday
02-02-16, 16:01
I got mine as well! Thanks Geissele! Great package!

ColtSeavers
02-02-16, 16:05
Just a little bit jealous right now...

Nah, congratulations again to you guys! :)

556BlackRifle
02-02-16, 16:47
Just a little bit jealous right now...

Nah, congratulations again to you guys! :)

+1 Congrats guys!

DRJ
02-02-16, 20:21
I installed my trigger in my DD today ( that hammer pin gave me fits ) and it feels great. Didn't get to shoot it but I really like it. Thanks so much to all those involved in the giveaway. This is the first thing I ever won in my life so I'm super happy.

JC5188
02-03-16, 04:58
Is great to win stuff...it's even better when it's really awesome stuff.

Congrats!

rif4trbo
02-03-16, 16:28
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160203/848f635eca29fe9e45892b1247c0284a.jpg
Picked up my rifle and rail today. Thank you geissele for the chance to win

Gabriel556
02-03-16, 18:31
Wow. Looks like everybody got great prizes. Thank you again for the opportunity to win(I'm not upset I lost, but definitely a little jealous). I want to know how the rifle shoots!