PDA

View Full Version : new 2016 tv shows what you looking forward to ?

Honu
01-22-16, 20:37
just new shows not season 2 etc.. :)

started watching " Colony "
kinda intersting so far and what was really interesting is the intro show they had with the producers etc.. they were saying seeing old movies of occupied France how the locals tried to live along the nazis like all was OK and the one guy who was from Argentina I think it was he got out in the 70s 80s sometime he commented on how folks tried to live like they were living normal along and he said I can see the US doing that these days just a interesting observation ! and sadly true

The Night Manager - spy drama BBC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ZcaKdvML8 the preview looks really good :)
Outsiders - Appalachia clan against local sheriff - could be a dud but could be fun ?
Dark Net - documentary - update so far SUCKS
11.22.63 - time travel Kennedy assassination - like time travel shows ?
Billions - wall street kinda show ? seems OK from pilot episode
WestWorld - killer robots in western theme park (redo/based on 1973 film) no idea on this one
X-Files as in this thread by HKGuns https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?179286-X-Files-is-back
Mad Dogs - Amazon redo of the British version which was OK so we shall see how they do saw the pilot and liked it

so hoping we get a couple good shows this year as it always seem some sound good then just plain ole suck ! :)
there are some season 2 I am looking forward to also

Blstr88
01-22-16, 21:33
They're not new...but Im mostly excited for the next half of The Walking Dead as well as next season of Game of Thrones.

Firefly
01-22-16, 21:59
11.22.63... I read that book by Stephen King.
It was a bunch of hippie crap. Back to the Future is the only time travel saga worth watching.

If I had a portal to the 60s.....good god y'all, I'd be buying up so much Colt Pythons, Garands, 1911s, and original AR-10s. Screw Kennedy....I gots priorities.

Honu
01-23-16, 02:28
bummer but good to hear about 11.22.63

yeah that and a LOT of land and some stocks

11.22.63... I read that book by Stephen King.
It was a bunch of hippie crap. Back to the Future is the only time travel saga worth watching.

If I had a portal to the 60s.....good god y'all, I'd be buying up so much Colt Pythons, Garands, 1911s, and original AR-10s. Screw Kennedy....I gots priorities.

Firefly
01-23-16, 06:37
The concept was interesting with some amusing side stories, but it got too preachy.
Plus the book was waaaay too long for what it should've been. Saving Kennedy is also a lame ass reason to time travel. Going back in time to get your dad laid and keep him from being a square is a far more nobler call to adventure.

But seriously.....mail order guns, brand new pythons. Hell...I wanna go back to 84 and get some more AR-180 stuff. See Van Halen in their prime

Seriously, time travel should be all about buying up discontinued/banned guns, seeing rock concerts, nailing a few beatnik/valley girl chicks, and buying sweet Hemis and GTOs.

I would love to go back to 1986 and oc a Glock 17 and start challenging dudes with Smith 59s to IPSC duels

ETA But I would pay it forward.
I would drop off some Mk. 18s and SR-25s to DARPA, some plans for AH64s, M1s, F-14s and A-10s, camelbacks, NODs, etc. I'm pretty sure Vietnam would've gone a lot differently or at least reduced a lot of US casualties. That is, if anyone would've taken it seriously.

Honu
01-26-16, 04:07
first episode of dark net ? well not what I wanted to see ? the preview looked good the 1st episode sucked big time !!!! I think its going to be a typical left wing thing show men as pathetic show printed guns as dangerous and blah blah
sadly was hoping for more but wont bother with it

mad dogs was good new twist on the UK version

billions so far I am liking

Got UZI
01-26-16, 06:42
I'd be stock piling 1911's and all the Class 3 stuff I could get my hands on...Thompson's, M3 Grease Guns, Uzi's, anything HK, M16's, Swedish K's, you name it!!

Back to the topic at hand tho, there aren't that many new show ideas coming out of Holly-weird anymore. I was pissed when they killed off "The Unit" and "Justified" Too bad they can't bring a show like "JAG" back.

skijunkie55
01-26-16, 07:38
Just started watching Colony as well. Only through the first episode and right off the bat I have so many questions / speculations. Hopefully it's a good series!

Firefly
01-26-16, 09:09
The Unit totally sucked.

Just as they were about to do some hardcore gangster mess, they'd IMMEDIATELY jump to the wives and their girl problems.

Seriously they build up to dudes wearing desert tigers, toting HK416s, about to jump into Iran and then spend the rest of the ep showing the fat black chick meddling in some shit.

Or that one time they were in South America with Mk. 11s and 1911s about to pull off a daring rescue mission and we get to see the lesbo looking hick wife get a job at a college radio station.
For like the WHOLE SHOW.

Strike Back, however, was nothing but the two best friends ever nailing hot chicks, killing up African warlords or Imams, and then going drinking and gambling together. They had this hot big boobed redhead colonel and then that saucy brunette major.

But the Man made them cancel it because it was too awesome.

I also miss Flashpoint.

Man....screw TV

Got UZI
01-26-16, 10:38
LOL you got me laughing at the description of how you saw that show. I go back and watch it now and see how much bullshit there is now that I know better. I think the last season was the best one in regards to overall story line.

Bout the only show I watch anymore is Hawaii Five-0. The only other show I want to get into is Blue Bloods, any recommendations on this one?

Honu
01-26-16, 15:36
yeah strike back best tv show ever next to Band of Brothers I would say :)

I liked the first season of the unit but it was hokey beyond hokey but watched it anyways ?

jmp45
01-26-16, 19:47
We binged watched Mad Dogs on Amazon prime recently. It is definitely one of their best series. Nice how they ended the season, lots of twists. Hopefully will be continued.

Honu
01-27-16, 16:01
jmp45 for fun watch the UK version :) since I watched the UK first ? it always slants your views but both were IMHO just as good as each other with some pros cons to each :)

watched the first episode of the outsiders might be a failure they were trying to make it like justified meets Sons of Anarchy as mentioned in a review
but the dumb throw a transgender in there of course and a bit to over the top of the hill people etc..

I wish Amazon or Netflix would take on something like this outsiders since they are putting out killer shows these days

Spiffums
01-27-16, 19:47
LOL you got me laughing at the description of how you saw that show. I go back and watch it now and see how much bullshit there is now that I know better. I think the last season was the best one in regards to overall story line.

Bout the only show I watch anymore is Hawaii Five-0. The only other show I want to get into is Blue Bloods, any recommendations on this one?

I was just glad Grey got a good woman. Carlito deserved that after giving up his BBQ gun for a piston.

jmp45
01-27-16, 21:20
jmp45 for fun watch the UK version :) since I watched the UK first ? it always slants your views but both were IMHO just as good as each other with some pros cons to each :)

Thanks Honu for the heads up, will check it out. We really liked this series.. best since Strike Back and Boardwalk Empire.