PDA

View Full Version : Tonight, at your knees, pray to God that Bloomberg runs for POTUS as an independent.

Eurodriver
01-23-16, 17:11
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/23/report-bloomberg-considering-indepedent-2016-white-house-bid.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is considering a 2016 independent presidential campaign, vowing to spend a $1 billion of his own cash, according to The New York Times.

He'd be the 2016 Democrat version of Ross Perot, but somehow I feel like the GOP would still lose. They are all that bad.

Big A
01-23-16, 17:48
I'm actually afraid he would win.

lowprone
01-23-16, 17:51
That was the first thing I thought when I saw the news flash this afternoon.
But maybe then he just wants to shake the Clintons down also !

Airhasz
01-23-16, 18:11
Sorry, my prayers never include politicians.

Eurodriver
01-23-16, 18:15
I should have asked - do you think Republicans would be dumb enough to vote for him?

Co-gnARR
01-23-16, 18:22
Mine, when regarding politicians, usually involve requests for scandals equivalent to seven plagues to affect the politicos so that we the people can be free again.

Big A
01-23-16, 19:21
I should have asked - do you think Republicans would be dumb enough to vote for him?
I honestly think there would be enough to screw it up so that we either get him or whomever the Dem nominee is.

But maybe him running would be enough to drive all the people saying they won't "hold their nose and vote for a RINO" would drive them to the polls to do exactly that and give the R's a win.

MountainRaven
01-23-16, 19:24

If the race is between Comrade Bernie, the Don of Trump, and Nanny Bloomberg... I would expect Bloomberg to do surprisingly well among moderates - both from the GOP and the Democrats.

Mauser KAR98K
01-23-16, 19:25
As long as Sanders is the nominee. If Clinton is, and she get the indictments we know are coming, he could be a problem.

What we really need to worry about 8s Biden changing his mind.

BoringGuy45
01-23-16, 20:22
If the race is between Comrade Bernie, the Don of Trump, and Nanny Bloomberg... I would expect Bloomberg to do surprisingly well among moderates - both from the GOP and the Democrats.

He's hated outside of NY by everybody. He'll steal more votes from the left than he will from the right.

MountainRaven
01-23-16, 21:29
He's hated outside of NY by everybody. He'll steal more votes from the left than he will from the right.

He's also pretty much hated by everybody inside of New York, too.

Nonetheless, given the choice between Bernie Stalin and Adolf Trump, a lot of people will hold their nose and vote Francisco Paulino Hermenegildo Teódulo Franco Bloomberg.

Blstr88
01-23-16, 21:35
Think of the opportunity for massive profits with that one...AR lowers would x5 in price overnight! I could unload all my junky AR mags for $100/each!

Of course none of us would sell anything cause we'd be too afraid we'll never get another one again :(

titsonritz
01-23-16, 21:38
Mine have but they usually include a flaming car crash.

MegademiC
01-23-16, 22:01
I can't see this hurting Rs. I also done think Trump is nearly as authoritarian as Sanders (I response to above comment).

What am I missing here? Maybe I'm just talking to mostly conserve people?

SeriousStudent
01-23-16, 22:36
I am delighted to hear that the Imperial Viceroy of New York is considering a run for the Presidency. It's good that he would lower himself to mingle with the hoi polloi, and grace us with his presence.

My life already feels so enriched....

Averageman
01-24-16, 08:58
I am delighted to hear that the Imperial Viceroy of New York is considering a run for the Presidency. It's good that he would lower himself to mingle with the hoi polloi, and grace us with his presence.

My life already feels so enriched....

On the other hand I'm thinking the Progressives are seeing the Hillary melt down and want to take steps to insure they have viability in case She is seriously taken to task over the e-mails.

Co-gnARR
01-24-16, 09:04
On the other hand I'm thinking the Progressives are seeing the Hillary melt down and want to take steps to insure they have viability in case She is seriously taken to task over the e-mails.
Given how late in the race this bit about Bloomberg is emerging, I'm inclined to agree. Remember Biden was sitting on the fence for a bit- didn't that correlate with an earlier Hilary media bombshell? When it looked like things were diffused and no longer dangerous to HRC, Biden decided not to run after all.

Averageman
01-24-16, 09:08
Given how late in the race this bit about Bloomberg is emerging, I'm inclined to agree. Remember Biden was sitting on the fence for a bit- didn't that correlate with an earlier Hilary media bombshell? When it looked like things were diffused and no longer dangerous to HRC, Biden decided not to run after all.

Yes, just like that.
If you look for it, there are a lot of people saying they are very concerned about this going out of control for her and that charges are pending and even if that doesn't happen her numbers are sucking.

cbx
01-24-16, 09:27
Now, if only Camacho will run........

Brahmzy
01-24-16, 09:41
DEEP. POCKETS.

Averageman
01-24-16, 11:32

MegademiC
01-24-16, 12:50

Yup. When I was 18 I owned 3 guns(not mil), and was more responsible than most adults. One size does not fit all, and this is the problem with putting people in groups. This guy's world view is beyond ****ed up.

When I was in college, many of my friends also had guns and were responsible, I guess that's why we're are all quite successful now.

Averageman
01-24-16, 16:36
I got my letter concerning my need to register for the draft while in AIT.
I of course filled it out and took it to my Drill Sergeant and offered to hand deliver it. He didn't have a sense of humor about that at all.