PDA

View Full Version : Who did the po po shoot last year?

WillBrink
01-24-16, 15:44
White people it appears. The media et al will take a "Don't confuse us with the facts approach" to these numbers no doubt:

The Myth of Wanton Police Shootings Collapses under the Weight of Facts

In a project titled “The Counted,” the Guardian is tracking killings by police in the United States and has compiled a comprehensive list for the year 2015. The tracker was motivated by much-discussed but poorly founded concern about excessive use of police force particularly against blacks. In December, police killed 92 people — 21 blacks, 40 whites, 17 Hispanics/Latinos, five Asians/Pacific Islanders, and nine of unknown race. Fourteen were unarmed, including five blacks. Those who were unarmed reportedly still posed other types of threats to officers. These threats included physical violence and ramming officers with a vehicle. Most of these reports are based largely on the accounts of eyewitnesses and the officers involved and so might not include all relevant details, such as results from ongoing police investigations. But the available facts fail to support the claim, made most prominently by the movement Black Lives Matter, that police systematically target unarmed black men. Of note among those who were killed is, however, the prevalence of mental illness. The basic facts of each case in the month of December are summarized below; links to coverage of the incidents in local media are also provided.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/429905/police-shootings-december-2015-facts

7.62NATO
01-24-16, 15:55
White people it appears. The media et al will take a "Don't confuse us with the facts approach" to these numbers no doubt:

The Myth of Wanton Police Shootings Collapses under the Weight of Facts

In a project titled “The Counted,” the Guardian is tracking killings by police in the United States and has compiled a comprehensive list for the year 2015. The tracker was motivated by much-discussed but poorly founded concern about excessive use of police force particularly against blacks. In December, police killed 92 people — 21 blacks, 40 whites, 17 Hispanics/Latinos, five Asians/Pacific Islanders, and nine of unknown race. Fourteen were unarmed, including five blacks. Those who were unarmed reportedly still posed other types of threats to officers. These threats included physical violence and ramming officers with a vehicle. Most of these reports are based largely on the accounts of eyewitnesses and the officers involved and so might not include all relevant details, such as results from ongoing police investigations. But the available facts fail to support the claim, made most prominently by the movement Black Lives Matter, that police systematically target unarmed black men. Of note among those who were killed is, however, the prevalence of mental illness. The basic facts of each case in the month of December are summarized below; links to coverage of the incidents in local media are also provided.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/429905/police-shootings-december-2015-facts

No doubt, since blacks comprise only 14% of the population.

brushy bill
01-24-16, 16:37
No doubt, since blacks comprise only 14% of the population.

And what percentage of violent crime from the last year for which we have statistics? I suspect that is more relevant than percentage of population.

Averageman
01-24-16, 16:40
And what percentage of violent crime from the last year for which we have statistics? I suspect that is more relevant than percentage of population.

If you point that out one of them will shoot you, you know that don't you?

7.62NATO
01-24-16, 16:42

Blacks disproportionately commit more crimes.

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, African American offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008.

Averageman
01-24-16, 16:45
Blacks disproportionately commit more crimes.

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, African American offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008.

I've heard, but have no evidence that Holder was actually slow to allow the release of those stats because it didn't fit the agenda.
I have no evidence of that, only hearsay.

Moose-Knuckle
01-25-16, 01:21
I've heard, but have no evidence that Holder was actually slow to allow the release of those stats because it didn't fit the agenda.
I have no evidence of that, only hearsay.

I don't have source at the moment, but the way I read it was that one of the first things Holder did when he was appointed AG was to stop the FBI from publicly releasing their annual crime demographic data. The lasts number that are known for fact are from '07 . . .

Black America's Real Problem Isn't White Racism

"After researching the FBI numbers for "Suicide of a Superpower," this writer concluded: "An analysis of 'single offender victimization figures' from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks. Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white — with 14,000 assaults on white women by African Americans in 2007. Not one case of a white sexual assault on a black female was found in the FBI study."

Though blacks are outnumbered 5-to-1 in the population by whites, they commit eight times as many crimes against whites as the reverse. By those 2007 numbers, a black male was 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse.

If interracial crime is the ugliest manifestation of racism, what does this tell us about where racism really resides — in America?

http://news.yahoo.com/black-americas-real-problem-isnt-white-racism-070000529.html

SteyrAUG
01-25-16, 02:54
And just because it hasn't been said yet, I'm sure the white people in question NEEDED to be shot by the police. In fact I'll double down and say I don't even care if they were shot by a black or hispanic cop.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-25-16, 06:12
The other ugly truth is that black men shoot black men. But #SomeBlackLivesMatter doesn't have the same ring.

Our 'gun' policy discussion is driven by unicorn hunts of mass shootings and LEO's actions.

CRA---Z.

Voodoo_Man
01-25-16, 08:32
Facts do not matter to the left and the race baiters.

If they did we wouldnt even be having this discussion.

THCDDM4
01-25-16, 08:56
I've pointed out such statistics to friends and a few people who believe the hype about blacks being targeted.

I always get some variation of this in response:

"The FBI is a white organization- of course they would hide what's actually happening to blacks and report lies..."

Trying to debate facts and logic with a bunch of emotional mental midgets is futile and frustrating.

No matter what reality is true- there are false realities people will ALWAYS inhabit and never leave. Even when confronted with facts that shatter said reality- they just dose themselves with some cognitive dissent and paranoia further validating their flasified reality.

People- all races, shapes, sizes and socioeconomic classes are just plain DUMB ass SHEEP.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-25-16, 09:03
Can't wait for the 'A Black man is more likely to be shot by the po-po than win an Oscar..." jokes at the Oscars.

Oh, wait. I don't watch the Oscars....

MountainRaven
01-25-16, 11:17
Per The Guardian's numbers:

1134 total killed (number has since been updated to 1139) in 2015:
577 (2.91/million) whites
300 (7.13/million) blacks
193 (3.48/million) Hispanics and Latinos
27 Other or Unknown
24 (1.34/million) Asian or Pacific Islander
13 (3.4/million) Aboriginal Americans

Plus six bystanders killed by police and eight police officers killed by the people they killed.

Blacks were twice as likely to be shot and killed while unarmed as whites.

Link (http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/31/the-counted-police-killings-2015-young-black-men).

Moose-Knuckle
01-27-16, 01:21
And here is the five page report published by the Manhattan Institute think tank . . .

Issues 2016: Violent Criminals, Not the Police, Pose the Real Threat to African-Americans

https://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/issues-2016-violent-criminals-not-police-pose-real-threat-african-americans-8427.html

Related a good piece by the WSJ of all places . . .

‘Black Lives Matter’—but Reality, Not So Much

The great lie of the summer has been the Black Lives Matter movement. It was founded on one falsehood—that a Ferguson, Mo., police officer shot a black suspect who was trying to surrender—and it is perpetuated by another: that trigger-happy cops are filling our morgues with young black men.

The reality is that Michael Brown is dead because he robbed a convenience store, assaulted a uniformed officer and then made a move for the officer’s gun. The reality is that a cop is six times more likely to be killed by someone black than the reverse. The reality is that the Michael Browns are a much bigger threat to black lives than are the police. “Every year, the casualty count of black-on-black crime is twice that of the death toll of 9/11,” wrote former New York City police detective Edward Conlon in a Journal essay on Saturday. “I don’t understand how a movement called ‘Black Lives Matter’ can ignore the leading cause of death among young black men in the U.S., which is homicide by their peers.”
http://www.wsj.com/articles/black-lives-matterbut-reality-not-so-much-1441755075

PatrioticDisorder
01-27-16, 07:27
Per The Guardian's numbers:

1134 total killed (number has since been updated to 1139) in 2015:
577 (2.91/million) whites
300 (7.13/million) blacks
193 (3.48/million) Hispanics and Latinos
27 Other or Unknown
24 (1.34/million) Asian or Pacific Islander
13 (3.4/million) Aboriginal Americans

Plus six bystanders killed by police and eight police officers killed by the people they killed.

Blacks were twice as likely to be shot and killed while unarmed as whites.

Link (http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/31/the-counted-police-killings-2015-young-black-men).

Yep, it goes back to the old saying "lies, damned lies and statistics", they spin the numbers and people who lack critical thinking skills eat it up. No mention in the article about the rate of violent crime among the groups being shot, that is the salient question, of course when that question is answered there is no story.