PDA

View Full Version : Only in DC

platoonDaddy
01-25-16, 12:50
they lost the friggin measuring stick! Government at it best!

How much snow fell on Washington D.C. during this past weekend's massive snowstorm? Officially, 17.8 inches. But the actual answer may never be known.

The Washington Post reports that the snow-measuring device used by a team of weather observers at Washington's Reagan National Airport was buried in the blizzard, leaving them with no way to record the true amount of snow for hours on end.

The error promped the National Weather Service (NWS) to announce that it will be looking into the procedures used at Reagan National, where the official snow totals for the nation's capital are recorded.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/25/measuring-mix-up-leaves-dc-with-underreported-snow-total.html?intcmp=hpbt2

jpmuscle
01-25-16, 13:04
I'm right here in the middle of this nonsense and all I have to say is people here for the most part are beyond retarded...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

BBossman
01-25-16, 19:55
My highly sophisticated stick marked in inches that I designed, manufactured and deployed on Friday night, measured the snowfall in suburban Maryland at 32" by Saturday night, just before I gave up caring anymore.

I'd show it to y'all, but I don't want anyone to steal my idea for a stick with graduated marks...

lunchbox
01-25-16, 19:59
My highly sophisticated stick marked in inches that I designed, manufactured and deployed on Friday night, measured the snowfall in suburban Maryland at 32" by Saturday night, just before I gave up caring anymore.

I'd show it to y'all, but I don't want anyone to steal my idea for a stick with graduated marks...If it's not adherent to the yardstick TDP, then it's commercial spec..

Airhasz
01-25-16, 21:55
The full extent of the current administrations snow job on the country also may never be truly known.