PDA

View Full Version : Dehumidifier?

Gardnaaa
01-28-16, 18:25
Hey guys I recently got a gardall 12 gun safe on December 26th. It is fire proof to 1200 degrees for 1/2 hour. That same day I went go gander mountain and bought a liberty safe Eva dry dehumidifier. I opened the packaging, and put it in the safe. I didn't charge it first. It's been a little over a month now and the beads are still blue and haven't changed color. I'm nervous something may not be right. My guns look fine, and I don't notice any moisture anywhere. I just want to make sure it's working. So should I take it out and charge it? Or do you think it's broken? I just don't want it damaging my guns.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gardnaaa
01-28-16, 18:29
Ah wrong spot, found the general spot on the site. Sorry still new here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ace4059
01-28-16, 19:59
Sounds like it is working to me. It takes 6 months for mine to change to the pinkish color. Guess you could put in in the bathroom with you when you take a hot shower and see if they change. Just be sure to plug it in and re dry the beads before putting it back in the safe. I have three of the boxes of beads and one golden rod in my safe for reference.

Ryno12
01-28-16, 20:28
You should get yourself a hygrometer for your safe & use that for reference.

Headache
01-28-16, 20:35
I've been keeping one of those small chemical dehumidifiers from Lowes in my safe for the past few years and have seen that nothing really happens in the winter, it's just too dry already. One summer here, however, will use one up pretty quick.

Gardnaaa
01-29-16, 07:14
Okay thanks guys! I charged my dehumidifier last night and the beads are bright blue. So it must have been working but slowly. I think it's just because of the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk