PDA

View Full Version : Leather Belt holster

platoonDaddy
01-31-16, 08:36
Didn't know what forum to put this, so I selected the tactical gear forum. I love the interesting concept of a belt holster. My cuz came across this yesterday at a gun show in Florida. Of course the designer claims one size fits all and no issues with active people.

http://www.byrdsleather.com/concealed-carry-companion/

HMM
02-04-16, 22:10
I always print more with any form of OWB carry. I think I'd personally stick to an IWB holster and a good gun belt. I'm not saying this wouldn't work but I just prefer a holster made specifically for the gun I'm carrying.

Mak8080
02-05-16, 16:36
That's pretty interesting. I wonder how secure the belt holds the firearm.

signal4l
02-05-16, 17:24
I would rather use a OWB holster and a sturdy belt.

I would be nervous to carry a gun in the holster/belt item linked above. It seems as if a smaller firearm could slide too far down and leave the trigger exposed. I also stopped using holsters that leave the muzzle exposed. This can allow the barrel crown, front sight to get damaged. I had a kydex IWB holster that did not enclose the muzzle. I got in my car, bumped the gun on the seat belt fastener. The gun was forced upward and out of the holster . Not good.

Also, I prefer holsters that dont collapse when I draw the weapon.

TF82
02-06-16, 01:11
Nooooo thank you. That is A LOT of exposed trigger guard and it looks like the gun sits a little low for getting a good grip out of the "holster." If your own advertising makes your product look dangerous and unergonomic and features a Taurus, I'll be staying away.