PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Suppressor Hunting needs your help!

sva01
02-01-16, 06:24
Copied from a Michigan forum that I frequent:
Please take action and contact those that need to hear your voice!

MICHIGAN TO LEGALIZE HUNTING WITH SILENCERS, BUT...

The Michigan Natural Resources Commission is casting a final vote on February 11, 2016 regarding whether to allow hunting with silencers.

This is a great step forward and would make Michigan the 38th state to allow hunting with silencers, however, there are two arbitrary and unenforceable restrictions that are being included that we need your help to remove.

The current language would prohibit:

Hunting with a silencer that reduces sound signature by greater than 30dB

Hunting using a silencer along with subsonic ammunition

These restrictions do not protect the safety of hunters or those in the surrounding area - they will solely serve as a source of confusion and misunderstanding for hunters and law enforcement alike.

On January 14, the Michigan NRC will consider the Wildlife Conservation Order Amendment No. 1 of 2016. We need your help to remove these instances of arbitrary and unenforceable restrictions from the WCOA.

How can you help? Reach out to the NRC by phone or email to let them know that you support the legalization of hunting with silencers, but that the two points mentioned above will not serve any positive purpose and will only create added headache for those charged with enforcing the law.

Thank you for standing with SilencerCo and helping to #FightTheNoise.

CONTACT THE MICHIGAN NATURAL RESOURCES COMMISSION

Email: NRC@michigan.gov | (517) 284-6237

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...f&e=580a7000f7

Labayu
02-01-16, 06:40
I sent them a brief email about Finland's research into negative impact of noise pollution on certain wildlife populations and how they recommended soundproofing industrial buildings and the use of sound suppressors for hunting and target shooting.

sva01
02-09-16, 05:41
Bumping this for added visibilty as the vote will happen on February 11th. Please use the link in the OP to voice your support!

sva01
02-12-16, 04:45
Bill passed! We will be able to use suppressors for hunting in Michigan later this year according to the info I saw.