PDA

View Full Version : Reload Store and Range Facility (Wow Factor 11)

WillBrink
02-01-16, 13:57
I was given a tour of the new Reload facility in Tarpon Springs FL, and was really impressed. It's not open yet, but looked close to finishing, so the Spring 2016 opening date seems plausible from what I saw. The "numbers" and drawings don't do it justice I can tell you. If a high end Vegas Hotel and Home Depot had a baby, it would look like Reload.

I don't know if it will be the largest indoor range in the US, but I suspect it will be easily one of the nicest, with 100 yard indoor range, range rated for .50BMG,(!!!) and a simulator usually found in a handful of fed agencies who can afford them.

A gent I took a class with a while back, Michael "Doc" Hewett, will be the Range Master, and he's looking to employ a wide range of stuff that will make shooters happy beyond the typical facility. It has win written all over it. I suspect people will come from long distances to get to it once operational. I'll post more as things develop. Below is web page and FB pages, but neither gives you the true wow factor of the place you get in person.

http://www.reloadguns.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ReLoad-1617393795156277/

Outlander Systems
02-01-16, 14:00
Thank you for sharing this.

This is close enough to some of my relatives, that I have no excuse not to go for a visit.

Just from perusing the FB page...wow.

I was given a tour of the new Reload facility in Tarpon Springs FL, and was really impressed. It's not open yet, but looked close to finishing, so the Spring 2016 opening date seems plausible from what I saw. The "numbers" and drawings don't do it justice I can tell you. If a high end Vegas Hotel and Home Depot had a baby, it would look like Reload.

I don't know if it will be the largest indoor range in the US, but I suspect it will be easily one of the nicest, with 100 yard indoor range, range rated for .50BMG,(!!!) and a simulator usually found in a handful of fed agencies who can afford them.

A gent I took a class with a while back, Michael "Doc" Hewett, will be the Range Master, and he's looking to employ a wide range of stuff that will make shooters happy beyond the typical facility. It has win written all over it. I suspect people will come from long distances to get to it once operational. I'll post more as things develop. Below is web page and FB pages, but neither gives you the true wow factor of the place you get in person.

http://www.reloadguns.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ReLoad-1617393795156277/

WillBrink
02-01-16, 14:13
Thank you for sharing this.

This is close enough to some of my relatives, that I have no excuse not to go for a visit.

Just from perusing the FB page...wow.

I promise you, if the FB page gives you a "wow" response, in person, your head might explode. ;)

Outlander Systems
02-01-16, 14:26
::wrings hands::

...Excellent...

Seriously though. It looks like Disneyworld for smokewagons.

I promise you, if the FB page gives you a "wow" response, in person, your head might explode. ;)

WillBrink
02-01-16, 14:44
::wrings hands::

...Excellent...

Seriously though. It looks like Disneyworld for smokewagons.

I think some will actually fly in for this place to vacation close by, etc, so Disneyworld of shooting facilities is likely accurate from what I have seen so far.

Outlander Systems
02-01-16, 15:03
Dude, you might have just induced a vacation rescheduling on my part...

I think some will actually fly in for this place to vacation close by, etc, so Disneyworld of shooting facilities is likely accurate from what I have seen so far.

Firefly
02-01-16, 15:27
This has made the to do list next time I'm in FL.

tb-av
02-01-16, 16:39
Those prices are better than our indoor range and it's the largest on east coast I believe and only goes out to 25 yards.

I've never been in it but got invited a few weeks ago. I couldn't go... they had to wait in line for 2+ hours!! Just for a 25 lane.

These places seem to be getting very popular.

GH41
02-01-16, 17:40
"These places seem to be getting very popular"

In heavily populated metro areas maybe. Florida is inhabited mostly by old farts that won't pay to support them at the price they ask and service workers making close to minimum wage. I wish them the best of luck but it ain't a business model I would invest in.

Outlander Systems
02-01-16, 17:52
Rooooooad trip!

450 miles of heavy metal and the cheat code for unlimited cigarettes and Mr. Pibbski's unlocked.

This has made the to do list next time I'm in FL.

WillBrink
02-01-16, 18:14
"These places seem to be getting very popular"

In heavily populated metro areas maybe. Florida is inhabited mostly by old farts that won't pay to support them at the price they ask and service workers making close to minimum wage. I wish them the best of luck but it ain't a business model I would invest in.

I don't have a crystal ball but It's in a densely populated area, I didn't see a single "old fart" while I was there, and they have more applications for people looking to work at the facility than they hand keep up with. I believe other large "destination" facilities of the ilk (Shooters World, etc) are doing well. However, that's my perceptions, I don't have access to the balance sheets of such facilities to state as fact they are profitable. You may have access to intel I don't on that one. Of course there's other factors that play a major roll in the success/failure of such a biz, such as how it's run, marketing, CS, etc, etc and those basic demographics we are discussing but one of many variables to success. My sense is, this place will do well.