PDA

View Full Version : New Stock for my 300WM Sniper rig ?

Pappabear
02-01-16, 21:35
I have an awesome 300, well two of them. One has a Manners T3 lite. Kinda out of balance for the massive kreiger I put on it. Money not so much of an issue. What stock do you buy for it? Post of link if your so inclined.

I was thinking AI, but there are several to choose. Bottom line I want a great new stock.

Any feedback appreciated.

PB

Tikkatac
02-01-16, 21:43
I would put her into a Cadex Dual strike if chassis are an option?

taliv
02-05-16, 20:50
depends entirely on what you plan to do with it.
2A sniper?
elk hunting?
PRS matches?
plinking?
just want something that looks super cool?

Pappabear
02-06-16, 11:20
Heavy duty sniper rifle. Has a very heavy kreiger on it. Nightforce scope ...not going to hunt so weight not an issue.
I'm leaning toward a Mack A5 or A3-5adjustable.

My friend said his beef with AI stocks is you have to run very high rings. Any thoughts ?

taliv
02-06-16, 20:25
the AI stocks are pretty nice. lot of people seem to make do with them. they are heavy. as long as your cheek piece goes high, high rings are ok.

i like KMW Sentinel a lot. mc A-5 adjust is good too. as is manners T4. if you want classic fiberglass

if you want a chassis, there are other options.

sinister
02-07-16, 09:37
I commissioned this rifle and the fellas built it exactly to my specs. It was so damned heavy (a Krieger #7) it was useless for what I'd planned (carrying it out and about through the woods and in the Rockies up to 10-12,000 feet.

The stock is a McMillan A3 which can be made light to very heavy.

http://i66.tinypic.com/35d2ps5.jpg

I was so disappointed with myself that although it shot bugholes I stuffed it into the back of the gun safe until a buddy told me he needed a sniper rifle right now.

vitiaz
02-07-16, 11:15
Have you checked out KRG?
http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/index.php/categories/whiskey-3-chassis

Mrshmitty
02-07-16, 22:21
Why not a Manners T2A or T4A if you like the A3 and A5 so much? I'll never buy anything but manners after their amazing customer service they gave me. They also make an amazing product too!

Guns-up.50
02-08-16, 02:04
JAE ?

Pappabear
02-08-16, 21:35
Thanks guys. I appreciate the good feedback.