PDA

View Full Version : Rifle value

sdacbob
08-14-08, 17:11
I'm thinking of giving my Bushy a camo paint job, will this hurt the value of the weapon any?

NetJunkie
08-14-08, 18:29
Honest answer? Yes. It's like flashy custom paint on a car. Everyone will tell you how great it looks when you do it. But it'll be a big liability when you sell it. Everyone wants something different. If you plan to keep the rifle forever do what you want, it's ours.

Warrior
08-14-08, 18:56
Selling it privately if you find someone who wants the paint job you put on it you might get full price but most likely not as was already said. If you got a very cool camo pattern done professionaly it might be a different story but usually things like that won't help the value.

big 54r
08-14-08, 19:03
I'd say do it if you plan to keep the Bushy forever, but if there is "some chance" you might sell it down the road I probably wouldn't...but it is your's so...:D

sdacbob
08-14-08, 20:38
I have a LMT on order so the Bushy will be an extra. I'll probably sell it to my son later if I decide to get rid of it. I'll at least wait until after Nov before I sell it though and see how things go from there.

DHC45
08-14-08, 21:42
If you use the krylon method of painting your rifle, you can remove the paint with lacquer thinner (AFAIK). Just have to be careful with things like optics or painted on logos as you will probably wipe those off, too.

Prep with acetone to de-grease the rifle. Paint. Shoot. Lacquer thinner the paint off. Sell. Of course, getting the paint out of all the nooks and crannies will be a major PITA...

(May want to test on a small area before you do the whole rifle.)

Bimmer
08-14-08, 23:12
I'll probably sell it to my son later if I decide to get rid of it.

Well, maybe you should just ask him!