PDA

View Full Version : Burris Fullfield II Tactical?

Shihan
08-14-08, 20:02
Anyone have any experience with these scopes?

Blankwaffe
08-16-08, 17:25
I ordered one thursday from midway.I should have it in hand monday.I decided to go with the 3x9x40 for my 20" A4 SPR upper.Im going to mount it with an AD Recon.
After that I can give some feedback on it.
Overall what Ive read and heard so far its a darn good scope for the money.A friend of mine has the 4.5x14x42 Tactical mounted on his Tikka ultra lite 300 WSM and it has not moved in two years.So it must be a very durable scope.
Ive been fighting a Nikon Monark for about four years.It shot loose again and had to go back for repairs(Third time).So Im hoping the Burris will hold up better anyway.

MH64
08-17-08, 21:13
Have one of the 3x9 Tact II's on my 270 Sendero. Has held zero just fine.
The green scope also goes well with the stock on the rifle as well.

Shihan
08-18-08, 12:28
I think im going to order one and see if I like it if not I can always resell it at the shop. I forgot that they were OD I hope it dosent clash with my FDE SPR:o

Blankwaffe
08-19-08, 00:18
I got Burris tactical today.Looks to be a pretty good quality scope.Seems to gather light pretty well at dark thirty and its certainly a clear optic.
Other than that I cant say as I have not been to the range yet.

Either one of yall know much about the AD Recon mount?
The directions that came with the mount are sorta vague to start with and mention nothing about the rings.
I suspect you tighten the lower ring screws first and then the top...Correct?
Also how tight should the throw levers be adjusted?
The levers adjust to sorta tight or tight as hell.One way or the other and there is no middle ground.

MH64
08-21-08, 09:42
Here is my Sendero with the Burris Fullfield II 3x9. The flash gives the anodizing a different color compared to natural light.

http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/Sendero_Burris.jpg

Blankwaffe
08-21-08, 16:24
Troy at ADM emailed me the answers to all my questions above.
Thanks Troy.
Got everything dialed in.
The Recon mount is absolutely outstanding in fit,finish and function.Locks up on the rails very solid.
I took the rifle out and sighted it in this afternoon.The scope has immediate and solid clicks.Every click immediately showed on the target.Unlike the Nikon I did not have to tap on the turrets and fire a few rounds to move the adjustment.
The scope dialed right in at 100 yards with just a few rounds down range.A first for me in several years.
The optics are very bright and clear even with an ARD in place.The Ballisti plex dots are in the ball park for most ranges,but seem to work best with 62gr. ammo from what Ive been able to see so far.I will play with that when I get more time.
Overall Im very pleased with the scope.I personally think this scope is a bargin...it belongs in the $350.00-400.00 range to really be compared to other scopes of the same quality,performance and features.

Shihan
08-23-08, 18:17
more time.
Overall Im very pleased with the scope.I personally think this scope is a bargin...it belongs in the $350.00-400.00 range to really be compared to other scopes of the same quality,performance and features.

Are you saying that is where you would place this scope in value? The range you listed is around Dealer.

Blankwaffe
08-24-08, 22:32
The Burris Fullfield II Tactical 3x9x40 cost me $258.00 at midway.
With an ARD,lens covers and shipping it was less than $300.00 to my door.
SWFA has even better prices than that.
If your dealer price is higher than that I'd look for another distributor.
Overall yes I would say that the Burris FFII Tac 3x9x40 I have deserves to be compared to the scopes in the price range I mentioned.Its a quality optic so far as I can tell.Its just as clear and bright as my VXIII and half the price.Now if it holds its settings over the long haul I will be tickled pink.

Shihan
08-25-08, 01:48
The Burris Fullfield II Tactical 3x9x40 cost me $258.00 at midway.
With an ARD,lens covers and shipping it was less than $300.00 to my door.
SWFA has even better prices than that.
If your dealer price is higher than that I'd look for another distributor.
Overall yes I would say that the Burris FFII Tac 3x9x40 I have deserves to be compared to the scopes in the price range I mentioned.Its a quality optic so far as I can tell.Its just as clear and bright as my VXIII and half the price.Now if it holds its settings over the long haul I will be tickled pink.

We were talking about different optics I for some reason thought you were talking about the 3.5X10