PDA

View Full Version : Colt M4 LE6920MPS Delta ring?

COLTM4LE6920MPS
02-03-16, 15:11
My delta ring on my new Colt M4 moves just a tiny,tiny bit to the left and right when you try to give it a turn, but my Magpul SL Handguards are still very tight on the gun. Is this normal for the delta ring to have that little bit of a turn to it, almost like it just moves a notch or something?

bigwagon
02-03-16, 15:16
How much play are you talking about? There is a notch in it that the gas tube passes through, so it really can't move more than a fraction of an inch in either direction.

COLTM4LE6920MPS
02-03-16, 15:19
I'm talking very,small like what your describing. I thought the delta ring mainly just held the handguards in place?

Ryno12
02-03-16, 15:20
Completely normal & nothing to worry about. It's hitting the gas tube when when you try to rotate it. It's only held in place with a cir-clip & spring tension on the barrel nut.

titsonritz
02-03-16, 15:25
It is held in place by a spring so it going to have...well... a little spring to it.

COLTM4LE6920MPS
02-03-16, 15:28
Thats good ,thank you for the responses. I just never messed with it till the other day and noticed it had that tiny ,tiny bit of play in it. And didn't know for sure if it should be rock solid or have that little tiny bit of play. Sounds like its normal from what you say Ryno12.

Ryno12
02-03-16, 15:29
I'm talking very,small like what your describing. I thought the delta ring mainly just held the handguards in place?

The delta ring, spring, and barrel nut work together to the keep handguards in place. The handguard engages the notches in the barrel nut. The delta ring slips over the barrel nut & the spring tension keeps pressure on the handguard and slides over the top of the handguard & barrel nut engagement points. This is why you pull back the delta ring to remove the handguards. There's a cir-clip that keeps the delta ring & spring on the barrel nut.

COLTM4LE6920MPS
02-03-16, 15:32
So as long as my handguards feel rock solid on the gun everything should be just fine in all those areas?

Ryno12
02-03-16, 15:35
So as long as my handguards feel rock solid on the gun everything should be just fine in all those areas?

Yep. There may even be a tad bit of movement with the handguards too; nothing to worry about unless it's excessive.

COLTM4LE6920MPS
02-03-16, 15:37
Yep. There may even be a tad bit of movement with the handguards too; nothing to worry about unless it's excessive.

I checked them to but they are rock solid on the gun like they are part of the barrel itself. Which I guess is good, but I'm guessing they could be a pain to ever remove huh lol?

Ryno12
02-03-16, 15:48
I checked them to but they are rock solid on the gun like they are part of the barrel itself. Which I guess is good, but I'm guessing they could be a pain to ever remove huh lol?

They can be a little stiff at first & sometimes you wish you had three hands to remove them. It'll all loosen up over time.

TheNegativeOne
02-04-16, 11:57
My delta ring on my new Colt M4 moves just a tiny,tiny bit to the left and right when you try to give it a turn, but my Magpul SL Handguards are still very tight on the gun. Is this normal for the delta ring to have that little bit of a turn to it, almost like it just moves a notch or something?

Hey do you have a specific rifle that youre into? Would it be a colt m4 le 6920mps?

rpm2010
02-04-16, 15:39
Hey do you have a specific rifle that youre into? Would it be a colt m4 le 6920mps?

In my experience Colt 6920's do tend to have a little play with the hand guards (left to right), so if you have rock solid hand guards on your gun be happy.

Flankenstein
02-04-16, 18:07
In my experience Colt 6920's do tend to have a little play with the hand guards (left to right), so if you have rock solid hand guards on your gun be happy.

Stock M4 handguards all will... He has MP slimline furniture.

zibby43
02-06-16, 02:36
Stock M4 handguards all will... He has MP slimline furniture.

I also have a Colt LE6920 with Magpul SL furniture.

I was never a huge fan of polymer hand guards but the SL hand guards may have converted me. The slim profile and extra length are outstanding features.

The SL hand guards also fit rock solid. They're impressively sturdy. The SL stock is also a winner. It's one of the best-fitting stocks I've ever had the pleasure of using.

MtnMan6114
02-06-16, 17:17
This thread also answered my question, thanks so much guys!

COLTM4LE6920MPS
02-09-16, 20:45
Why yes it would be that rifle, how did you guess? I love my Colt M4!! LOL!!!!;)

TheNegativeOne
02-11-16, 16:06
Why yes it would be that rifle, how did you guess? I love my Colt M4!! LOL!!!!;)

Im psychic.