PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on AR Laser Set Up

Ernst
02-04-16, 17:21
Hey guys, I'm trying to decide which direction to go with a laser for my AR.

I have a Surefire X400 Ultra and a have a tape switch for it and the cap to get that working, so no problems there getting it mounted and functional on my AR. I also have a DBAL-I2. At present, I have no IR capability, but I do like the laser on it and it comes with a tape switch too.

My AR currently has a great Surefire light on it in the 6 o'clock position that I control with a switch mounted on my VFG. I'm thinking it might be a better idea to run the DBAL as a separate laser, than try to mess around with the settings on the Surefire 400 between flashlight only or laser only or flashlight and laser at the same time.

Thanks for any advice/opinions you might have on this.

SOVIETsilence
02-05-16, 04:39
Without nods, the dbal is less functional than the x400. You'd only have use for the visible laser and white light at the same time, so there wouldn't be any need to worry about switching the functions on the x400. Just always leave it on light/laser activation. Of course I'm assuming your using this in a defensive role. Once TNVC releases the TAPS switch to mate surefire products and Steiner lasers, then you'll be able to use both the dbal/scout light with a single tape switch if you wish.

Ernst
02-05-16, 13:11
Thank you, this is just the advice I was looking for!