PDA

View Full Version : 2 stage trigger durability

A_shizzle
08-15-08, 02:22
I just ordered a LMT lower from GandR the other day. I was going to get the single stage trigger but they had none in stock so i went with a 2 stage. I have never used one before but ive recenly read that they are prone to giving out under heavy use. Im wondering if i made a bad decesion by going 2 stage. Should i just replace it with a single?

C4IGrant
08-15-08, 10:25
I just ordered a LMT lower from GandR the other day. I was going to get the single stage trigger but they had none in stock so i went with a 2 stage. I have never used one before but ive recenly read that they are prone to giving out under heavy use. Im wondering if i made a bad decesion by going 2 stage. Should i just replace it with a single?

The LMT 2 stage triggers are very good IMHO. We have never had one returned.

C4

A_shizzle
08-15-08, 11:25
ok cool. And thanks for the great sevice!

HolyRoller
08-16-08, 14:52
For long-term experience with two-stage or match triggers, you might could look at www.nationalmatch.us and see what the highpower guys have found out over the years. Some brands don't seem to last long.

My DPMS DCM match AR came with a very good match trigger that just budges the 4.5# test weight. It's lasted for over 2,000 live rounds and tens of thousands of dryfires. However, I'm not counting on it holding up forever.

nksmfamjp
08-17-08, 10:55
What wears out or breaks?

DesertDawg
08-17-08, 10:58
I have a RRA lower with the 2 stage and it has well over 15,000 rds on it. No problems!!