PDA

View Full Version : Source for chrome lining of barrel.

ddemis
08-15-08, 03:07
I have a new 14.5 M-4 profile barrel, I want to have it chrome lined. Can anyone suggest a good source for chrome lining and approx cost. Thanks for any info.

Robb Jensen
08-15-08, 05:37
You can't chrome-line a barrel after it's already sitting on a dealers shelf. It's done during the manufacturing process.

rob_s
08-15-08, 08:39
to build on what gotm4 said....

When a barrel gets chrome-lined, the ID of the barrel gets reduced. As such, when the barrel blank is made, the ID has to be slightly larger than a non-lined barrel in order to wind up with the same ID when the lining is done.

In other words, if you lined a barrel that was sold as un-lined, you'd wind up with a smaller ID of the barrel, which could be anywhere from bad to catastrophic.

Iraqgunz
08-15-08, 09:17
I thought you could just put some hot chrome in there and then rod it real good. :confused:

You can't chrome-line a barrel after it's already sitting on a dealers shelf. It's done during the manufacturing process.

ddemis
08-15-08, 12:42
Thanks for the info guys, you learn something new every day. Guess I will just break in the barrel with repeated amounts of Microlon and retreat several times a month.

Bob
08-16-08, 04:30
Thanks for the info guys, you learn something new every day. Guess I will just break in the barrel with repeated amounts of Microlon and retreat several times a month.

No need for that.