PDA

View Full Version : Military planning to include the effects of climate change?

Averageman
02-08-16, 16:53
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/7/pentagon-orders-commanders-to-prioritize-climate-c/

The Pentagon is ordering the top brass to incorporate climate change into virtually everything they do, from testing weapons to training troops to war planning to joint exercises with allies.

A new directive’s theme: The U.S. Armed Forces must show “resilience” and beat back the threat based on “actionable science.” It says the military will not be able to maintain effectiveness unless the directive is followed. It orders the establishment of a new layer of bureaucracy — a wide array of “climate change boards, councils and working groups” to infuse climate change into “programs, plans and policies.”

You know when I heard that we had skipped taking out some ISIS targets because they were oil refineries, I was a bit surprised. I was even more surprised when I heard the reason behind not hitting those refineries was that they would impact climate change I was amazed.
I don't know where you stand on the issue of climate change, but we either fight a war to win it or we are tying one hand behind our backs and allowing the enemy to win it.
So now you will soon see a new Power Point Slide labeled impact on Climate Change.
Thanks you Commander and Chief, you are the bomb diggity, well as long as the bomb diggity doesn't hit an oil well.

Dienekes
02-08-16, 17:36
The stupid is extremely strong here. I need to up my prepper game a LOT. Relocation to another galaxy might be the solution if done quickly enough.

Firefly
02-08-16, 17:49
30 years ago we used to be a space-faring nation that half the world didn't want to piss off and the other half was genuinely afraid of.

What happened here?

Benito
02-08-16, 18:10
Not surprised. Blaming Islamic terrorism on this vague notion of "climate change" conveniently avoids "offending" the brethren of Hussein Obama, wealthy Saudi donors to the Clinton Foundation as well as every other politician in the game, and satisfies the cultural Marxism narrative of the media.

Everyone involved in propagating this fantasy about terrorism being caused by climate change is a traitor who deserves to swing from the gallows.

Averageman
02-08-16, 18:22
Everyone involved in propagating this fantasy about terrorism being caused by climate change is a traitor who deserves to swing from the gallows.
And to be beaten with a large stick while the noose tightens.

30 years ago we used to be a space-faring nation that half the world didn't want to piss off and the other half was genuinely afraid of.

What happened here?
I remember watching Neal Armstrong walk on the Moon with my Grandmother.
I asked her if she ever thought she would see men walk on the moon and her reply was "We didn't even have airplanes when I was a kid."
Now think about that for a moment, we went from Kittyhawk to the Moon in one lifetime. These Mopes are doing their F'ing best to reverse all of that as quickly as possible.

Firefly
02-08-16, 18:35
All I know is that hippies and liberals have prevented me from marrying an Alien warrior amazon with green hair and bikini armor, having a phased plasma rifle, living in space, and having a real hoverboard.

It's 2016. I was promised a lot of things as a kid in the 80s. A. Lot. Of. Things.

I agree ...human pinatas.

Look at the original Armalite commercial. Yeah that was in 58 or 59. So much stuff we've had that the hippies have kept down.

Screw all these feelings and shit.
It's time to burn every liberal arts book, force kids to learm up se math, then whip the ass of the ones that don't and either learn em to dig ditches or kick em outta school.

I actually REGRET not getting my ass whipped more and I was actually a good kid.

JMO

Big A
02-08-16, 18:43
All I know is that hippies and liberals have prevented me from marrying an Alien warrior amazon with green hair and bikini armor, having a phased plasma rifle, living in space, and having a real hoverboard.

It's 2016. I was promised a lot of things as a kid in the 80s. A. Lot. Of. Things.

I agree ...human pinatas.

Look at the original Armalite commercial. Yeah that was in 58 or 59. So much stuff we've had that the hippies have kept down.

Screw all these feelings and shit.
It's time to burn every liberal arts book, force kids to learm up se math, then whip the ass of the ones that don't and either learn em to dig ditches or kick em outta school.

I actually REGRET not getting my ass whipped more and I was actually a good kid.

JMO

Orion Animal Woman or Twi'lek?

Firefly
02-08-16, 18:57

White girl with anime hair. Orion chick makes me fear her overprotective brother is the Jolly Green Giant who honestly creeped me out as a youth. And, I don't want to sound racist but I just don't think I could be with a Twi'lek. I have lots of Twi'lek friends but I'm just from a different era, ya know?

Koshinn
02-08-16, 19:04

Twi'leks have lekku, not hair. I am dissapoint.

Big A
02-08-16, 19:46
Twi'leks have lekku, not hair. I am dissapoint.
I know that, I just can't think of a species from that galaxy that does besides humans and Wookies.

SteyrAUG
02-08-16, 21:19

What happened here?

We saved the spotted owl. Or the whales, I keep forgetting.

There are actually people concerned with the plight of the Great White Shark, as if it would be some kind of ecological disaster if that species went extinct.

SteyrAUG
02-08-16, 21:21
White girl with anime hair. Orion chick makes me fear her overprotective brother is the Jolly Green Giant who honestly creeped me out as a youth. And, I don't want to sound racist but I just don't think I could be with a Twi'lek. I have lots of Twi'lek friends but I'm just from a different era, ya know?

Yvonne Craig. Second only to Julie Newmar for classic TVs hottest chick.

http://www.themakeupgallery.info/images/fantasy/alien/st/orion/sttosmarta4.jpg

26 Inf
02-08-16, 23:52
And to be beaten with a large stick while the noose tightens.

I remember watching Neal Armstrong walk on the Moon with my Grandmother.
I asked her if she ever thought she would see men walk on the moon and her reply was "We didn't even have airplanes when I was a kid."
Now think about that for a moment, we went from Kittyhawk to the Moon in one lifetime. These Mopes are doing their F'ing best to reverse all of that as quickly as possible.

That is nothing, if you think about it. I have a 4x5 external hard drive that would hold every book in our public library, I can stick it in my pocket and carry it with me. Cost me 150.00.

The world is accelerating.

26 Inf
02-08-16, 23:55
We saved the spotted owl. Or the whales, I keep forgetting.

There are actually people concerned with the plight of the Great White Shark, as if it would be some kind of ecological disaster if that species went extinct.

I'm for the whales. Actually I just want to go all Jolly Roger on a Japanese whaling ship.

MountainRaven
02-09-16, 00:20
I know that, I just can't think of a species from that galaxy that does besides humans and Wookies.

Pantorans, Chiss, and Zabrak come to mind. Although I think the entire Chiss species is non-canon (for now).

Although none of those species are known for being popular choices for slavers. Unlike the Togruta and Twi'leks.

There's also the Zen-Whoberis, most notably Guardians of the Galaxy's Gamora, but she has red hair instead of green (and, yes, I had to look her species up).

Overall, I would say that the sex symbols of Star Trek and Star Wars franchise respectively are Orion women and female Twi'leks, so I find the choices apt.

ETA: If one desires an Amazon in the sense of a warrior woman, I would suggest the Zabrak or maybe the Togruta for Star Wars (or any species in Mandalorian armor) and the Klingon, Romulan, or Vulcan for Star Trek.

Moose-Knuckle
02-09-16, 02:20
You know when I heard that we had skipped taking out some ISIS targets because they were oil refineries, I was a bit surprised. I was even more surprised when I heard the reason behind not hitting those refineries was that they would impact climate change I was amazed.
I don't know where you stand on the issue of climate change, but we either fight a war to win it or we are tying one hand behind our backs and allowing the enemy to win it.

"Climate change" formerly known as "global warming" . . .

Have you ever seen the movie Kingsmen: The Secret Service or played Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six? Hell for that matter, ever read the monolith known as the Georgia Guide Stones?

They say art imitates life, well in both that movie and the video game the bad guys are global elitist who plot to cull the Earth of 99% of the population in order to "save the planet". Of course it's not really about saving anything but themselves, hoarding as much non-renewable resources as they can before they are spent by all us useless eaters.

Averageman
02-09-16, 06:05
That is nothing, if you think about it. I have a 4x5 external hard drive that would hold every book in our public library, I can stick it in my pocket and carry it with me. Cost me 150.00.

The world is accelerating.

Yeah, but we would have that hard drive had we not decided to go to the Moon.
The Space Race more than anything drove us to so many achievments.

26 Inf
02-09-16, 08:47
Yeah, but we would would we have that hard drive had we not decided to go to the Moon.
The Space Race more than anything drove us to so many achievments.

Fixed it for you. And yes, absolutely understand and agree that putting satellites and men into orbit, ultimately landing on the moon, and currently inhabiting a space station spurred much of the development we have seen. It was truly more than just putting men into space.