PDA

View Full Version : New holster for Glock 19

shootinsurveyor
02-10-16, 12:42
What is the opinion of this holster from people with more experience in this sort of thing? I know its not as fast, but seems to be more comfortable and less printing. Guy selling seems legit and his rationale makes sense to me. I like the idea of carrying a larger gun for sure.

http://www.cherriesapparel.com/products/medina-below-the-waistband-bwb-deep-concealment-holster

OhioFinance
02-10-16, 13:17
What is the opinion of this holster from people with more experience in this sort of thing? I know its not as fast, but seems to be more comfortable and less printing. Guy selling seems legit and his rationale makes sense to me. I like the idea of carrying a larger gun for sure.

http://www.cherriesapparel.com/products/medina-below-the-waistband-bwb-deep-concealment-holster

I'm not an expert, but here are a couple of issues. That low of a ride, the gun will definitely dig into your leg when you walk, run, sit, etc. The second is AIWB is on of those carry positions that I want a very solid grip during the draw stroke. That would seem very hard to do with this design. YMMV of course, just an opinion. Lastly, I am always leery when right from jump a company has to say "This is for Tier 1 unit...blah blah for assassination missions" even if that is true.

shootinsurveyor
02-10-16, 13:58
I've had other AIWB holsters that dig into my belly pretty hard. Wearing a gun where this holster puts it is pretty comfortable. I'm never going to be quick drawing with it. I have no intention of using the pocket assist fast draw because hopefully through awareness I will have the gun out before I need to draw and shoot in 1.5 seconds. I just like that it hides the gun so well and if it doesn't I just look well endowed.

OhioFinance
02-10-16, 14:06
You asked for opinions and didn't like what you got. The gun being that deep isn't about speed, its about getting a secure grip so you don't shoot your nuts off. Buy it and give it a run. Good luck.

shootinsurveyor
02-10-16, 14:12
Actually I agreed with most of what you said. I think in theory the sales pitch for the holster makes sense, but actually using it may be different as is the case with most marketing pitches. I hope to hear from someone who has actually used one at some point. Thanks for your input

Frailer
02-10-16, 14:43
The only compelling reason (for me) to carry AIWB is speed.

Somewhere in a box I have a low-ride appendix holster; I wore it once and hated it. It slowed my draw greatly, and re-holstering bordered on scary.

If I'm ever called upon to conduct targeted (or untargeted) assassinations, I might reconsider.

Mysteryman
02-10-16, 20:00
Watch the videos describing the holster. It is not designed for speed,it is designed for ultimate concealment. Every advantage comes at a cost.

MM

okie john
02-10-16, 21:20
That rig seems interesting, but I'd bet that it's uncomfortable to sit down wearing it, especially if you had to sit for very long. But it might be less of an issue with a Shield, G26, or G43...

Can you tell us more about the environment in which you'd use it?

Okie John

LibertyNeverDies
02-11-16, 06:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqE37cQ_6iA

Tyler Grey the guy reviewing it is doing a project with Larry Vickers and Pat McNamara so that tells me the design is legit. That said I think it's very specialized and there is no reason to go with this over a Eidolon, JM Custom Kydex AIWB, etc.. for EDC.

ggammell
02-11-16, 10:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqE37cQ_6iA

Tyler Grey the guy reviewing it is doing a project with Larry Vickers and Pat McNamara so that tells me the design is legit. That said I think it's very specialized and there is no reason to go with this over a Eidolon, JM Custom Kydex AIWB, etc.. for EDC.

Just cuz a big name reps it doesn't mean its worthwhile. Haley rep'd the Oral IV thing until that was found to be completely useless. I'm sure there are more.

WillBrink
02-11-16, 10:45
Watch the videos describing the holster. It is not designed for speed,it is designed for ultimate concealment. Every advantage comes at a cost.

MM

Although I was surprised how fast it came out considering its position. I can't see that as being comfortable. I'm actually curious about the holster, but not enough to spend the $ to find out. If the OP does, I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

OhioFinance
02-11-16, 11:47
Agreed. Let us know how it goes OP. And I get the speed vs concealment trade off. And if i'm ever in an environment where being made with my gun would result in decapitation, I will reconsider my gear selection.

WillBrink
02-11-16, 12:17
Agreed. Let us know how it goes OP. And I get the speed vs concealment trade off. And if i'm ever in an environment where being made with my gun would result in decapitation, I will reconsider my gear selection.

It was designed "...specifically for Tier-1 special missions units (SMU) for snatch and grab or targeted assassination operations." :cool:

Anyway, this vid shows better how it works I thought. You have to actively push the gun up with your weak hand in the pants pocket and grab the gun with your strong hand. I didn't pick that up in the other vid I saw. My non HSLD opinion is, "on paper" I can see how it could be a choice in some specific situations and possibly a good tool in the tool box to have, but not a replacement for EDC CCW, at least for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0IBmzOfPiw

titsonritz
02-11-16, 13:09
All holsters are a give and take of concealment, comfort and speed, this holster appears to be high on the concealment scale but pretty low on the other two. For my use I want something a bit more balanced.

titsonritz
02-11-16, 13:15
It was designed "...specifically for Tier-1 special missions units (SMU) for snatch and grab or targeted assassination operations." :cool:

Anyway, this vid shows better how it works I thought. You have to actively push the gun up with your weak hand in the pants pocket and grab the gun with your strong hand. I didn't pick that up in the other vid I saw. My non HSLD opinion is, "on paper" I can see how it could be a choice in some specific situations and possibly a good tool in the tool box to have, but not a replacement for EDC CCW, at least for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0IBmzOfPiw

I like that flannel shirt.