PDA

View Full Version : The other victims of gun violence

7.62NATO
02-10-16, 15:32
Yes, they are victims too. Perhaps you too are a perpetrator. If so, now is the time to come clean. You too are responsible for the gun violence in America.

A shooting is happening right now at Vassar College. It is the fourth the campus has seen in the past six years. Over 115 have already been killed, their blood spilled on the college fields. Yet, it's unlikely you've heard anything about it. The national media remains silent; not even the local news has covered the grieving families or lost friends. No candlelight vigils, no memorials, no communal mourning, as the victims remain unidentified and seemingly forgotten.

What's happening at Vassar College should be shocking, but similar shootings have been largely ignored across the country. The annual death toll climbs well into the millions, yet there is no accurate record of the casualties. Why? Because the victims were born as members of the wrong species.

In the brewing national discussion on gun violence, the most numerous victims--animals--are left out of the conversation. For every human life taken by a gun, hundreds, if not thousands, of nonhuman lives have also been taken. Yet for these victims, gun control advocates not only erase their deaths, but also actively promote and protect the killings. We fail to label the unnecessary killing of animals as gun violence, and instead we euphemize and romanticize it as "sportsmanship."

But hunting is gun violence...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jay-shooster/the-victims-of-gun-violen_b_9112200.html

Eurodriver
02-10-16, 15:39
I wonder what the suburban deer population would do to auto accident rates (and deaths) if hunting were outlawed for just one year.

SteyrAUG
02-10-16, 15:52
Sounds like the crazy rantings of a bunch of vegetable killers.

Life is life, why is broccoli or kale any less entitled to it's existence than a deer? At least a deer can try and run away, most plant life is rooted in place and cannot escape predatory vegans.

docsherm
02-10-16, 15:52
So can we still bow hunt???????? It wouldn't be gun violence then...... :blink:

Some people just need a serious eye opener.

TF82
02-10-16, 15:58
LOL, this is the stupidest shit in the world. The local media is in fact covering the fact that a bunch of ninny Vassar types are crying about this but I don't think many others around here care. I used to work two blocks from that place, talk about a bunch of left wing jack asses.

skijunkie55
02-10-16, 16:00
Last number I saw for Michigan was 329,000 deer harvested in 2014? I usually see half a dozen dead deer on the side of the road in my 10 mile commute to work during peak movement times of hunting season. I've been hit by 2 deer myself. No injuries but about $2,500 in bumper / panel / door repairs.

MegademiC
When they hit a deer with a car, I fully expect them to put themselves in jail for vehicular slaughter.

Don't get me started on the Holocaust in their pantry of the ants just trying to live out their lives in peace.

Or the trail of tears on their hands at every wash.

So can we still bow hunt???????? It wouldn't be gun violence then...... :blink:

Some people just need a serious eye opener.

I wonder how they feel about knife or spear hunts.

Firefly
So if a dog humps my leg. Is that attempted rape?

But seriously, some of these people needed to be kicked ass-naked into an African jungle and told "Commune with nature!"

And they will when a jackal is pooping them out.

No. I'm on top of the food chain. And if them deer cared so much they would arm themselves. I have yet to see where a single deer has taken the initiative to set up punji stakes and choke points.

At least bears will Deebo you.

Tldr some hippies been mixing too much acid with their weed.

Crow Hunter
02-10-16, 16:06
I thought it was satire until I noticed where it was from. At least the comments are mostly from "normal" people.

There really are some people out there who do truly live in a magical fantasy world.

I would love to talk to one of them just to see if they really do see the rest of the world through the eyes of a sheltered 6 year old child.

SteyrAUG
02-10-16, 16:14
I wonder how they feel about knife or spear hunts.

Depends.

Are you a native American honoring his culture and heritage that was destroyed by the white man? If so, then kill pretty much anything you want any way you want to kill it. It will all be viewed as noble.

If not then you are a slack jawed inbred redneck hillbilly who kills things to get his jollies and you should do the world a favor and kill yourself. The fact that you would even consider killing something with a spear or knife proves you are a serial killer waiting to happen.

SteyrAUG
02-10-16, 16:16
I thought it was satire until I noticed where it was from. At least the comments are mostly from "normal" people.

There really are some people out there who do truly live in a magical fantasy world.

I would love to talk to one of them just to see if they really do see the rest of the world through the eyes of a sheltered 6 year old child.

I always wanted to write an article for HuffyPo pointing out the CO2 is the most prevalent greenhouse gas and that every time these people voice their opinion they are causing climate change and global warming.

Averageman
02-10-16, 16:34
I wonder what the suburban deer population would do to auto accident rates (and deaths) if hunting were outlawed for just one year.

I live in an area where that has happened.
Lots of people building here in areas where 20 years ago there were no houses. The deer population has exploded due to no hunting pressure and some misguided people feeding the deer in their yards. It's nothing to see 20 to 30 deer in my freinds neighborhood.
I don't go a week without seeing a fresh kill on the road, but you rarely hear of someone being killed because our deer are rather stunted in size They do mess up some body work though.

THCDDM4
02-10-16, 16:55
Don't forget about trees folks, thousands of trees get shot each year. The horror!

Haven't you seen those "Trees are people too" bumper stickers?

With how stupid, ignorant, moronic, lunatic, ludicrous, ridiculous more and more people are each day I wonder how much longer the human race can go on.

Idiocracy was at least funny, what we are living through is painful and depressing.

austinN4
02-10-16, 17:10
So if a dog humps my leg. Is that attempted rape?

Depends on its gender identity.

sjc3081
02-10-16, 17:36
I live 5 miles from Vassar and my Sportsman Club participated in the cull. I enjoyed the venison at our annual dinner

Big A
02-10-16, 17:48
I live 5 miles from Vassar and my Sportsman Club participated in the cull. I enjoyed the venison at our annual dinner
MURDERER!!!!!!

Mauser KAR98K
02-10-16, 17:51
I like the words of John Clark about these people.

You want to harmonize with nature, then go harmonize with nature. *Leaves Eco-terrorist naked in the rain forest.*

Kain
02-10-16, 18:07
I like the words of John Clark about these people.

You want to harmonize with nature, then go harmonize with nature. *Leaves Eco-terrorist naked in the rain forest.*

Ever stop to think of the irony of the six of a unit called Rainbow doing that? Clark/Kelly was one cold mofo at times. Was what him a good badass though.

Christ i miss Clancy's writing. Without Remorse is still my favorite though.

Firefly
02-10-16, 18:20
That moment you realize Ghost was Without Remorse fanfiction.....

Anyways screw the Earth. If I'm going down, I'm taking it with me.

Kain
02-10-16, 18:25
That moment you realize Ghost was Without Remorse fanfiction.....

Anyways screw the Earth. If I'm going down, I'm taking it with me.

Ghost was ...... different. Read that shit in high school. That and a few other book i think i managed to truamtize a few people. Deeper Blue though, by an by, is to me one of the coolest titles for a book though.

I am so quoting the second part though.

WickedWillis
02-10-16, 18:29
I don't even care for hunting, but this guy makes me want to choke him with a sawed-off deer hoof. "In the brewing national discussion on gun violence, the most numerous victims--animals--are left out of the conversation." I hope someone holds him down and tats this on his forehead

Leaveammoforme
02-10-16, 19:40
Yet again, they don't mind disregarding any facts.

By the way, 49.5 million ducks is 43 percent above the long term average since the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service started their counts in 1955.
http://www.landassociation.org/2015/10/26/expect-record-number-of-birds-this-duck-season/

My favorite comeback to the anti-hunter is:
"How much money did you donate towards conservation this year?". The reply has always been a blank stare.

My follow up that seals the deal:
"When is the last time you stopped to help an injured animal or to remove a carcass from the street?"

There is a certain class of individual that kills non-invasive species for fun. There are already laws in place that deal with these dirt bags.

The douche nozzle that wrote the article probably has an inbred puppy mill Pomeranian and is going to tell others about animals' rights.

JC5188
02-10-16, 19:48
I wonder if these people imagine that animals in the wild die with their heads on a pillow...angels flying them to heaven?

I'd rather take a 30-06 to the engine room than die of disease, starvation, or by a pack of coyotes ripping my throat out.

F**king morons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cincinnatus
02-10-16, 20:02
So HUNTING is "gun violence" now?
By the grave of Horace P. ****ing Greeley, is their no inanity that these bafoons will not peddle?

Tell the biggest lie long enough... Or more likely, this is a primer or trial balloon for the eventual change to this: Now imagine when they quietly add this to "gun crime" statistics.

Firefly
02-10-16, 20:21
Maybe this is a positive.
Maybe we could expand it to allow people to hunt Death Row inmates for sport. I mean, if killing is killing, then let's be positive with it.

We could set up like arenas like in Battle Royale to make it sporting.

I mean if a deer is the same qualitative value as a human then put them all in yellow spandex jumpsuits, get Pat Sajak to host, and yeah.

See, HuffnStuff doesn't always have bad ideas.

Whitman, Price, and Hadad. Debt to society paid in full! And we get to spare Bambi in the process.

Benito
02-10-16, 21:03
This is pure insanity

SteyrAUG
02-10-16, 22:04
I mean if a deer is the same qualitative value as a human

I can think of a lot of animals that have more inherent value than many humans. For example the entire population of the group ISIS is of less inherent value than any deer.

Firefly
02-10-16, 22:19
I can think of a lot of animals that have more inherent value than many humans. For example the entire population of the group ISIS is of less inherent value than any deer.

I most certainly agree. But if you went on a private safari with some friends to murder up ISIS; you'd get in trouble.

ITAR, UN "mercenary" laws, blah blah blah.

I mean, you can get on a plane to kill the most peaceful of God's creatures, the Cape Buffalo, that's fine, but if you loaded up to go shoot ISIS. maaaan you'd get in trouble.

And somebody will say "Well go enlist" and some of us are too old and too gimped. And maybe we want to use our own shit. Because we bought Ferraris and wanna speed.

But.....well...screw it. I haven't shot one of God's animals in a while but when I did, I ate him. He tasted good. And he died quickly. He died free. That deer, lived more in those moments before he got zapped with a 30-06 than these sorry hippies will in their whole lives.

Aw....I ramble too much. Everything fun is illegal

MountainRaven
02-10-16, 23:09

10/10. Would murder again.

Ever stop to think of the irony of the six of a unit called Rainbow doing that? Clark/Kelly was one cold mofo at times. Was what him a good badass though.

Christ i miss Clancy's writing. Without Remorse is still my favorite though.

I'm pretty sure that the term 'Rainbow' comes from the many-hued flags flown by the home nations of the team's operatives.

In reality, it would probably be named the, "NATO Rapid Deployment Counter-Terrorism (or Anti-Terrorism) Team". The book, IIRC, was pretty specific about it being a NATO unit. Although I seem to recall that some of the earliest games had Russians and Israelis on the team. In Vegas, your pilot was Russian, one of your team mates was South Korean, and another Japanese; in Vegas 2 your intelligence officer is Israeli and your pilot a Kiwi... and I just realized that Vegas turns ten this year. (Other members are more typically NATO: Polish (assaulter), British (assaulter), Canadian (intelligence), and American (assaulter).)

SteyrAUG
02-11-16, 00:26
I most certainly agree. But if you went on a private safari with some friends to murder up ISIS; you'd get in trouble.

ITAR, UN "mercenary" laws, blah blah blah.

I mean, you can get on a plane to kill the most peaceful of God's creatures, the Cape Buffalo, that's fine, but if you loaded up to go shoot ISIS. maaaan you'd get in trouble.

And somebody will say "Well go enlist" and some of us are too old and too gimped. And maybe we want to use our own shit. Because we bought Ferraris and wanna speed.

But.....well...screw it. I haven't shot one of God's animals in a while but when I did, I ate him. He tasted good. And he died quickly. He died free. That deer, lived more in those moments before he got zapped with a 30-06 than these sorry hippies will in their whole lives.

Aw....I ramble too much. Everything fun is illegal

Seems to me if you just declare yourself to be members of "shia militia" you should have no problems with your ISIS safari.

Problem is those "hippies" have no actual problems, so they have to search hard to find a cause to justify their existence. When all you do all day is get baked, listen to shitty music and eat you know nothing of struggle or true oppression. This is compounded when you view yourself as an activist who can change the world.

Moose-Knuckle
02-11-16, 01:52
Sounds like the crazy rantings of a bunch of vegetable killers.

Life is life, why is broccoli or kale any less entitled to it's existence than a deer? At least a deer can try and run away, most plant life is rooted in place and cannot escape predatory vegans.

The struggle, it's real . . .
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5776/23207433444_0eb371ed36_b.jpg

I always wanted to write an article for HuffyPo pointing out the CO2 is the most prevalent greenhouse gas and that every time these people voice their opinion they are causing climate change and global warming.

I thought for a long time that these types should lead by example and take their own lives for Earth's sake. Think mass suicide cult . . .

Moose-Knuckle
02-11-16, 02:05
Maybe this is a positive.
Maybe we could expand it to allow people to hunt Death Row inmates for sport. I mean, if killing is killing, then let's be positive with it.

We could set up like arenas like in Battle Royale to make it sporting.

I mean if a deer is the same qualitative value as a human then put them all in yellow spandex jumpsuits, get Pat Sajak to host, and yeah.

It's happening, next year in 2017 . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ceegnWSENQ

I've been saying that for years. A deer didn't do anything to me or anyone else for that matter. Reduce the prison population, ammo and equipment would be tax right offs.

SteyrAUG
02-11-16, 02:07
I thought for a long time that these types should lead by example and take their own lives for Earth's sake. Think mass suicide cult . . .

Not exactly, but close.

http://www.vhemt.org/

Moose-Knuckle
02-11-16, 02:10
Not exactly, but close.

http://www.vhemt.org/

That's pretty much what the United Nation's Agenda 21 looks like though it won't be "voluntary" . . .

https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/outcomedocuments/agenda21

Firefly
02-11-16, 06:48
Seems to me if you just declare yourself to be members of "shia militia" you should have no problems with your ISIS safari.

Problem is those "hippies" have no actual problems, so they have to search hard to find a cause to justify their existence. When all you do all day is get baked, listen to shitty music and eat you know nothing of struggle or true oppression. This is compounded when you view yourself as an activist who can change the world.

Well declaring oneself part of any militia is frowned upon. Do you really think I could go through Delta (the airline) with hardiggs full of boots, desert cammies, armor, SR25s, MK. 12s, Glocks, cigarettes, etc and when the TSA shits themselves and creams their jeans all I have to do is say "Chill, guys. I'm totally part of the Shia Militia" and them to just let me go after saying "well if you're Shia militia, that changes everything."

I mean them whiteboys in Canada go and join ISIS and be heathens and nobody cares but if I did the exact opposite, The Man would be there to slap me down.

I mean I just don't think there's a legal way and upon conclusion of my safari, I'd like not to sit in a jail or pay a "fine".

Aw screw it all.

Kain
02-11-16, 06:55
I'm pretty sure that the term 'Rainbow' comes from the many-hued flags flown by the home nations of the team's operatives.

In reality, it would probably be named the, "NATO Rapid Deployment Counter-Terrorism (or Anti-Terrorism) Team". The book, IIRC, was pretty specific about it being a NATO unit. Although I seem to recall that some of the earliest games had Russians and Israelis on the team. In Vegas, your pilot was Russian, one of your team mates was South Korean, and another Japanese; in Vegas 2 your intelligence officer is Israeli and your pilot a Kiwi... and I just realized that Vegas turns ten this year. (Other members are more typically NATO: Polish (assaulter), British (assaulter), Canadian (intelligence), and American (assaulter).)

I know exactly where it comes from, and I want to say, it was supposed to be a NATO counter terror unit, though I have no idea with the latest video games since I don't remember much from them other an shooting a whole lot of tangos, as it were. Its just that when one starts throwing around hippies the mind tends to jump to peace loving morons and not a group of guys who if you crossed, you're ass would be dead in quite short order.

Cincinnatus
02-11-16, 07:05
The picture Moose posted about the vegetarians murdering vegetables reminds me of the hidden track on one of the TOOL albums, where there was some dude chanting about rescuing carrots--anyone elsse remember that?

SeriousStudent
02-11-16, 20:37
Well declaring oneself part of any militia is frowned upon. Do you really think I could go through Delta (the airline) with hardiggs full of boots, desert cammies, armor, SR25s, MK. 12s, Glocks, cigarettes, etc and when the TSA shits themselves and creams their jeans all I have to do is say "Chill, guys. I'm totally part of the Shia Militia" and them to just let me go after saying "well if you're Shia militia, that changes everything."

I mean them whiteboys in Canada go and join ISIS and be heathens and nobody cares but if I did the exact opposite, The Man would be there to slap me down.

I mean I just don't think there's a legal way and upon conclusion of my safari, I'd like not to sit in a jail or pay a "fine".

Aw screw it all.

TSA would definitely hassle you about the cigarettes. Smoking is bad for you.

gunrunner505
02-13-16, 08:44
#VegetableLivesMatter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TF82
02-13-16, 12:50

God, remember the anti-Iraq war candle light vigils? I worked with a bunch of people at the time who hated Bush and were absolutely opposed to it, but still wanted to run those cry babies over.

I will say that on the very rare occasion that I ever drive on Raymond Ave. anymore, much to my surprise, those traffic circles they all clamored for seem to be working out okay.

7.62NATO
02-13-16, 15:24
I'm planning on killing a lot of animals.