PDA

View Full Version : Ballistic Advantage 5.56 BCG Phosphate

whosoeverhector
02-10-16, 18:46
I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with the Subject BCG. Specs seek on par with BCM and others, hoping to get feedback.

Just Prince
02-10-16, 19:01
I am pretty sure they are made by Aero Precision. I have an Aero BCG no complaints so far. I have roughly a case shot on my bolt and no malfunctions. The BCG passed the snuff test by the Colt Armorer school instructor today in class. I had him inspect the rifles I built for myself. But he recommends Colt or BCM bCG's too. The only question is whether they batch test or individually test their BCGs. I don't have an answer to that. They are very responsive to questions via Facebook messages.

whosoeverhector
02-10-16, 19:09
Thanks for the feedback!

223to45
02-10-16, 19:51
I have a BA BCG in my 300Blk. Been a little while since I examined it, but it all seem to check out good.

PrivateCitizen
02-11-16, 15:42
I am pretty sure they are made by Aero Precision. I have an Aero BCG no complaints so far. I have roughly a case shot on my bolt and no malfunctions. The BCG passed the snuff test by the Colt Armorer school instructor today in class. I had him inspect the rifles I built for myself. But he recommends Colt or BCM bCG's too. The only question is whether they batch test or individually test their BCGs. I don't have an answer to that. They are very responsive to questions via Facebook messages.

It might be the other way around. BA makes the barrels for Aero (and now Aero owns part of BA it seems). This way or That way it's all the same probably.

The BA ones are in stock at a buck twenty five … thinking about picking one up. I have a few barrels and they perform well/as well as my DD or BCM mids in observation.

whosoeverhector
02-11-16, 16:36
Thanks, I'm unsure if I should spring for BCM or get a similar quality with BA BCG, it also has the VLTOR o ring on the extractor

fallenromeo
02-11-16, 17:00
I can't speak for their quality, as I don't have one. But I do have two of their 5.45 bolts (not the carrier, just the bolt) and they are very good quality. If you are apprehensive to try them, but don't want to spend the coin on a BCM, the Rainier arms phosphate BCG is only 135, and frequently goes on sale for around 100, and is also a very high quality alternative. https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-bcg-phosphate

Swstock
02-11-16, 17:10
The difference between aero and ba BCGs is probably in the logo.

Same company, same specs..

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same as the BCM as well.

Mrgunsngear
02-12-16, 04:47
I do. It's solid.

whosoeverhector
02-12-16, 08:57
Thank you everyone, I'm ordering it today, great price and free shipping!

jet66
02-12-16, 13:57
I've got one, no problems with it, but I think they might do batch testing as someone else above suspects. Mine didn't have the appearance of being tested like the LMT and BCM BCGs I have purchased in the past. Maybe it was just cleaned really well and didn't produce any wear, but it would be the first one I've ever had not show any signs of a test firing.

Whether or not it's really a big deal is up to the individual, I just thought I'd add my experience. I also have a BA bbl, a BA stripped lower, and some parts from their LPK in a rifle, it all seems to work as it should thus far.

whosoeverhector
02-12-16, 15:01
Thanks, that's the feedback I needed sir.

cbfurg
02-12-16, 23:39
Says on their web page that the BCG is test fired after completion. Doesn't sound like batch testing to me??

223to45
02-13-16, 16:12
Says on their web page that the BCG is test fired after completion. Doesn't sound like batch testing to me??
I know mine had brass on it, so I know it got used.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ColtSeavers
02-13-16, 16:21

Might be referring to Magnetic Particle Inspection as not all are marked MPI. Also, test fired is not necessarily the same as High Pressure Test fired. I would call them and ask if I was worried about it.

jet66
02-14-16, 08:23
Might be referring to Magnetic Particle Inspection as not all are marked MPI. Also, test fired is not necessarily the same as High Pressure Test fired. I would call them and ask if I was worried about it.

Exactly. The description shows MPI/HPT as well as saying 'test fired,' though. Compared to an LMT BCG I bought to keep as a spare, it was obviously HPT proofed/fired, as it has small amounts of wear on both the bolt face, the bolt tail, and other edges where it contacts the carrier. I've also noticed that many 'known quality' bolts are not HPT'd when you are buying the bolt separately, so I'm not really worried by it, I was just surprised that it didn't have the 'obvious wear'

That might be a point of contention between what the site says and what you get, so it was the only reason I mentioned it. I would have still bought it if it said 'batch tested for HPT,' or something to that effect.