PDA

View Full Version : Scratches in DD barrel

odugrad
02-11-16, 07:53
Hey, everyone. I was looking through the bore of my M4A1 the other day with a bore light and noticed what appeared to be little scratches or nicks going through the barrel. I pulled out my other rifles to see if they were there and sure enough, they're in my other DD barrels, too. The only other barrels I have are BCM. I didn't notice them in the BCM barrels.

I couldn't take a picture that would show what I'm seeing so I can't help with that.

Does anyone know what these are or how they got there? Anything to worry about?

Eurodriver
02-11-16, 09:07
How does it shoot?

odugrad
02-11-16, 09:11
Shoots great. I've got no complaints about any rifles.

Eurodriver
02-11-16, 09:23
Is the round count the same in the DDs as the BCMs? I have seen "scratches" inside almost all of my barrels and it's never affected anything. I'm almost surprised the BCMs don't have it.

Are they going with the direction of the bullet?

odugrad
02-11-16, 09:37
I've got around 800 in the M4A1, several thousand in others. I've only shot about 500 rounds in each of the BCM barrels.

Yes, the scratches are going in the direction of the bullet.

Coal Dragger
02-11-16, 13:27
Unless they're really deep this is pretty normal.

WS6
02-12-16, 03:37
mandrel marks. Normal. FN has radial marks. DD has longitudinal. Just my observations. That's how I can tell who uses what barrel/where the CHF barrels come from.

Mrgunsngear
02-12-16, 04:48
mandrel marks. Normal. FN has radial marks. DD has longitudinal. Just my observations. That's how I can tell who uses what barrel/where the CHF barrels come from.

That was my thought too.

odugrad
02-12-16, 08:38
Got it. Thanks for the information everyone.

Eurodriver
02-12-16, 09:12

Learn something new every day!