PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Fleet: A Novel of the Next World War

Koshinn
02-11-16, 15:25
Just finished this book. Wow. Just wow.

A short summary, it's a novel about a major US war in the next couple of decades, taking place primarily in Hawaii, although parts happen in Washington DC, Silicon Valley, San Diego, parts of China, and in Low Earth Orbit.

It's a good novel in its own right. It's also plausible, more or less. There are more than a few awesome moments in it.

The audio book narrator is decently good at pronouncing Russian and Chinese names, but is terrible at pronouncing Hawaiian names.

I'd love to discuss it, but I don't know if anyone else has read it. Needless to say, I highly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Fleet-Novel-Next-World/dp/0544142845

nova3930
02-11-16, 15:34
read it some months back. certainly an interesting premise although I'm not convinced how realistic it is...

Koshinn
02-11-16, 18:41
read it some months back. certainly an interesting premise although I'm not convinced how realistic it is...

Which parts?

nova3930
02-11-16, 20:17
Which parts?

Mostly the Hawaiian invasion. I think it's a bit far fetched. You load an armored brigade on transports someone is going to notice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Koshinn
02-12-16, 00:48
Mostly the Hawaiian invasion. I think it's a bit far fetched. You load an armored brigade on transports someone is going to notice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

They did kind of gloss over that.

Moose-Knuckle
02-12-16, 01:35
Have not read it yet but it was recently suggested to me on here after I posted one of my geo-political hypotheses. It's on my Amazon wish list next in line . . .

chuckman
02-12-16, 12:50
Sounds like one I have to read. Most of the good novels with these stories latch onto potential real-world hypotheticals. Shoot, just peruse the articles on the "defense" section of www.realclearpolitics.com and you can find a ton of subject matter about which to write regarding a war.