PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool.........IS AWESOME!!

Pork Chop
02-11-16, 23:34
Ok, I know Will always does the movie reviews, but my son and I went to see the premier tonight and Deadpool ROCKS. I won't bore you with cinematic legalese, just know it is funny. Damn funny. Ryan Reynolds knocks it out of the park and the entire movie is non-stop humor. Beware, it deserves the R rating and has a lot of sexual scenes and language and of course, violence.

I don't want to let go any spoilers, so I'll just say, CAN'T WAIT for Deadpool 2. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly
02-11-16, 23:38
I am seeing this ASAP

Bulletdog
02-11-16, 23:41
I was going to go see it tonight with a buddy and I got called into work…

With your good review, I'll keep this one on the front burner.

Vandal
02-11-16, 23:47
I was planning on seeing it on my days off next week. Can't wait. I think Ryan Reynolds was the best pick for Deadpool.

MountainRaven
02-12-16, 00:08
And on a related note...

Epic... RAP... BATTLES... OF HISTORY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g708PmJAbuI

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-12-16, 01:10
big thumbs up to Deadpool

Moose-Knuckle
02-12-16, 01:46
Yeah this has been on my radar since it was announced!

Vgex2
02-12-16, 02:39
Watching it reinforced my boredom with the superhero movies where no one dies, and the hero never finishes what they start.

Big A
02-12-16, 07:45
Does all the stuff in the two red band trailers make it into the movie? (I'm going to see it regardless) I'm worried that a bunch of that ended up on the cutting room floor :(

Pork Chop
02-12-16, 07:54
Does all the stuff in the two red band trailers make it into the movie? (I'm going to see it regardless) I'm worried that a bunch of that ended up on the cutting room floor :(

I didn't see a lot of the trailers, so I can't answer that. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHIVAN
02-12-16, 09:00
Watching it reinforced my boredom with the superhero movies where no one dies, and the hero never finishes what they start.

You watched the movie? There was one superhero pursuit in the movie, and lots of people die.

SHIVAN
02-12-16, 09:01

The red band trailer is all in the movie.

Firefly
02-12-16, 14:37
That movie deserves an Oscar

Big A
02-12-16, 16:27
The red band trailer is all in the movie.

That movie deserves an Oscar
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160212/47e26eb5ea66413da9653b1968ea464b.jpg

austinN4
02-12-16, 19:37
Betty White reviews Deadpool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1UgcMrhW3c

jmp45
02-12-16, 21:58
Looking forward to this one.. We like Reynolds films here. Check Ryan's 'Buried'. Has to be one of the lowest budget films made. Worth a view for sure.

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Buried/70125621

Koshinn
02-12-16, 22:23

No one dies? Like everyone died.

You mean main characters? They tried that in X-3, and it was terrible.

Deadpool finished everything. There is no way it could be more finished.

Endur
02-12-16, 22:36
I am looking forward to seeing this. I am a Reynolds fan and the movie also has Gina Carano. I would watch it for her alone!

Firefly
02-12-16, 22:47
I won't spoil this film of excellence but it was totally awesome.

Everything was perfect. The humor, the violence, the pacing, every last detail was thoroughly researched and lovingly acted.

I felt like I was reading a Deadpool comic but at the movies.
Marvel has been coming up aces. The last fun movie was Guardians of the Galaxy. But Deadpool was WAY more fun. He had all these smartass comments and jokes. It went from horribly graphic violence to some of the most WTF lameass jokes that wouldn't be funny unless like a really talented smartass said them. Like BILL MURRAY GRADE Smartassery abounds. And Ryan Reynolds does just that.

This movie was like the comics. Something you read where it's fun all the way around. X-Men gets preachy. Punisher seems like a good idea but just doesn't translate well. Avengers just has too much going on.

But if you read any Deadpool comic EVER in the 90s this movie will make you feel right at home.

Plus it has Inara in it and she gets naked.

Big A
02-13-16, 21:56
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160214/a2e4d4f1ed3edef095215277ad20a933.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160214/fbab008c29c3c01bda9d9c5ed15ae4bc.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160214/355b6c1428e7a8d9f70adce52216362d.jpg

Korgs130
02-13-16, 23:35
He maybe crazier than a sack-o-ferrets, but I'm a big Deadpool fan and having been really looking forward this film. Stoked to see the good reviews.

Vandal
02-13-16, 23:37
Plus it has Inara in it and she gets naked.

I had to read all the way to the end of your post to get the most important part. Thanks.....

My girlfriend and I will be going to see this Monday night.

Firefly
02-13-16, 23:50
I had to read all the way to the end of your post to get the most important part. Thanks.....

My girlfriend and I will be going to see this Monday night.

See it in Imax.

I saw Inara Serra as naked as the day she was born in Imax. That was one for the ol' Bucket List.

And believe it or not it's actually kind of a date movie....

Vandal
02-13-16, 23:55
We know. She's almost as messed up as I am.

fixit69
02-14-16, 09:05
Saw it Friday. Won't spoil it. But even if your not a comic/graphic novel fan, I think you will say the same thing I did. Worth the price of admission and then some.

kwelz
02-15-16, 18:38
This is the most true to character Comic Book movie they have made. 9.5/10. Maybe 10/10. Absolutely amazing.

Big A
02-15-16, 18:44
I'm going to see it in IMAX in 15 minutes :D

WillBrink
02-15-16, 18:51
Ok, I know Will always does the movie reviews, but my son and I went to see the premier tonight and Deadpool ROCKS. I won't bore you with cinematic legalese, just know it is funny. Damn funny. Ryan Reynolds knocks it out of the park and the entire movie is non-stop humor. Beware, it deserves the R rating and has a lot of sexual scenes and language and of course, violence.

I don't want to let go any spoilers, so I'll just say, CAN'T WAIT for Deadpool 2. ;)

LOL, not at all man. Who ever gets to it first. I tend to wait 'till they are on the rental market to view, so I'm late to the party in terms of reviews when people want to know if a new movie is any good. I'll check this one out soon as it's for rent!

Big A
02-15-16, 21:14
Will, go see it in IMAX. Totally worth it. This movie delivers from start to finish.

Vandal
02-16-16, 12:26
Saw it last night, was everything I hoped for. I shouldn't have been but I was surprised to see some parents in there with their kids between 8 and 10 there. One of them walked out during the scenes when they were trying to bring out Wade Wilson's mutant genes via torture.

It's not like the makers of the film put out warnings saying it wasn't family friendly or anything like that. Morons.

WillBrink
02-16-16, 12:47
Saw it last night, was everything I hoped for. I shouldn't have been but I was surprised to see some parents in there with their kids between 8 and 10 there. One of them walked out during the scenes when they were trying to bring out Wade Wilson's mutant genes via torture.

It's not like the makers of the film put out warnings saying it wasn't family friendly or anything like that. Morons.

Those are the same people who will then writer letters of complain to the studio and or movie theaters. Morons indeed.

Korgs130
02-16-16, 16:33
This is the most true to character Comic Book movie they have made. 9.5/10. Maybe 10/10. Absolutely amazing.

I just got back from a matinee...FAN-F#CKING-TASTIC! As I mentioned before, I'm a huge fan and have been reading Deadpool for years. I was a little nervous it might be over-hyped, but that was not the case at all. My wife enjoyed too, even though she really had no idea who Deadpool was. Good stuff.

Big A
02-16-16, 20:57
Some Deadpool easter eggs in case you missed them:
http://thechive.com/2016/02/16/did-you-catch-these-deadpool-easter-eggs-and-references-25-photos/

SkiDevil
02-17-16, 02:57
I saw Dead Pool over the weekend. It was great and pretty funny. Ryan Renolds did a fantastic job as the main character. I will definitely watch it again in IMAx. Recommend for adults, but not a family friendly movie.

Bulletdog
02-17-16, 23:09
Saw it. Loved every minute of it. I can't remember a movie I've ever enjoyed more. I'm going to go see it again just to try and catch any of the jokes I missed the first time. I was getting light headed from laughing so hard. The fun starts in the opening credits. "Asshats"...

Not just a home run in every aspect... GRAND SLAM!!!

But definitely not for kids.

Cincinnatus
02-20-16, 22:03
I am seeing this ASAP

Watch for the scene near the beginning when Deadpool is sitting on the edge of a bridge, listening to gansta rap, doodling with a crayon, and jiving with the beat; this is how I picture Firefly getting ready for his next shift at the PD. ;)

titsonritz
02-21-16, 21:48
My dad and saw it today, hilarious from the opening credits to the last scene.

Big A
02-22-16, 21:36
Saw it again tonight and it is still good.

Cincinnatus, Salt N Peppa is not gangster rap...

Endur
02-22-16, 21:49
AWESOME! One of my favorite comic book/superhero (whatever you want to call it) movies. I want to go see it again.

1. Nolan's Batman (all three)
2. Deadpool
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (will soon most likely be replaced by Civil War)

SilverBullet432
02-22-16, 21:51
Meh. :jester: not a fan of comic books.

Firefly
02-22-16, 21:52
Saw it again tonight and it is still good.

Cincinnatus, Salt N Peppa is not gangster rap...

Yeah they are hip hop. And Cincinnatus is eerily spot on..

daddyusmaximus
02-22-16, 21:59
I had never heard of Deadpool, besides the other The Dead Pool movie. (Clint Eastwood) Never heard of Ryan Renolds either. Went to see it the other day and it was funny as hell. More crude than what I normally go for, but even though they didn't pull any punches, at least they hit with all the ones they threw. Laughed my ass off. My high schooler, and my college kid love it too.

Mauser KAR98K
03-04-16, 23:28
Finally got to see it tonight. One to watch again for the jokes.

Loved the bit involving a topographic map of Utah and Wade's face.

duece71
03-05-16, 07:30
I saw it, laughed at the jokes......those will be repeated at parties for a while. Dreading the sequel.

Firefly
03-05-16, 08:28
I saw it, laughed at the jokes......those will be repeated at parties for a while. Dreading the sequel.

I'm not. It will have Cable and more smartarsery

Big A
03-05-16, 10:37
I'm not. It will have Cable and more smartarsery
Kiera Knightly? She's got range.

Firefly
03-05-16, 11:03
Kiera Knightly? She's got range.

She really does. Like when I found out she was a body double for Amidala my mind was blown.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-05-16, 13:37

I agree somewhat. It was an awesome movie because it was different. There will be three copycats before Deaderpool comes out and then the next one won't be as good and the 'newness' will not be new. Kind of like Rumsfeld seemed cool until it just gets old.

HCrum87hc
03-07-16, 14:47
The wife and I saw it this weekend. We both thoroughly enjoyed it. We also had a family bring in 2 boys and 1 girl in elementary school. They sat through the whole thing. I have to wonder if they knew beforehand but just don't care, or if they were too invested at that point and just rode it out.

#driveby

ForTehNguyen
03-08-16, 17:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vbEcTIAdPs

Cincinnatus
03-08-16, 22:14
Very funny!

ForTehNguyen
05-10-16, 17:29
its out on video now, got my copy, and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qIRtFE6aIc

Ernst
05-10-16, 18:02
Got in line for my BluRay copy and .... it came yesterday ... sat down to watch it ... awesome picture and sound ... then, about 75% through the disk complete "deadpools" and ... green band across it, totally frack up.

Back to Amazon it goes.

Crap!!!

ramairthree
05-10-16, 23:33
This was a comic character that came out well after I was no longer a kid reading comic books.

I never really knew about him until the X amen and wolverine movies started coming out.
And I did not know who half the characters were,
While the other half had been around since before I was reading.

And some I remember coming out. Like wolverine in one of my 25 cent hulk comics.

The movie is what it is,
The actor seems like a hardcore comic fan that has played a lot of them in movies,
Plus funny as hell in the kind of movies I only tend to watch when I was deployed.

What threw me off is that I understood him to be a mercenary,
But the cancer spread every where including his brain constantly growing and being cured back over and over jack up his mental status.
But in the movie he is not all the different before it and getting the healing stuff.

Basically a legitimately insane sometimes bad guy sometimes hero that he so crazy he goes full Phillip k dick and Kurt Vonnegut is not sure if he is real or in a comic book, etc.

Did I understand the character wrong?

Was he crazy before,
Instead of just after like I thought.

Endur
05-11-16, 02:04
This was a comic character that came out well after I was no longer a kid reading comic books.

I never really knew about him until the X amen and wolverine movies started coming out.
And I did not know who half the characters were,
While the other half had been around since before I was reading.

And some I remember coming out. Like wolverine in one of my 25 cent hulk comics.

The movie is what it is,
The actor seems like a hardcore comic fan that has played a lot of them in movies,
Plus funny as hell in the kind of movies I only tend to watch when I was deployed.

What threw me off is that I understood him to be a mercenary,
But the cancer spread every where including his brain constantly growing and being cured back over and over jack up his mental status.
But in the movie he is not all the different before it and getting the healing stuff.

Basically a legitimately insane sometimes bad guy sometimes hero that he so crazy he goes full Phillip k dick and Kurt Vonnegut is not sure if he is real or in a comic book, etc.

Did I understand the character wrong?

Was he crazy before,
Instead of just after like I thought.

It is not that he is crazy, but unstable and unpredictable, and became far more so after. He is a anti-hero.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-11-16, 07:49
The next and final wolverine movie is going to be R rated......

Sure that has always been planned that way .

Firefly
05-11-16, 12:55
Deadpool is kinda like Roger Rabbit mixed with Casca the Eternal Mercenary.

That's why everyone loves him so

WillBrink
05-14-16, 20:34
Take X Men, and ramp up the violence, four letter words, and some sex, and you get Dead Pool. Ryan Reynolds is perfectly cast because he does the same thing he does in every movie: non stop wise cracks and one liners. Some are quite funny. The action/visuals/CGI are very well done and the movie has some good dialogue in parts and the love story, such as it is, is well done and adds some emotional depth to it. Some scenes are cringe worthy with Reynolds non stop commentary, not all of which works or is funny. This is an adult X Men/Super Hero movie, and a good time if you're into that. There's some cool cameos also, B+/A-

Firefly
05-14-16, 20:39
Deadpool should be in the Library of Congress.
Just say'n

Moose-Knuckle
05-15-16, 02:30
One of my all time favorite Marvel characters is Cable, the mercenary from the future.

In Dead Pool Dos Cable will probably make his film debut and Dolph Lundgren wants to play him. Dolph Lundgren also had played the first Franck Castle/The Punish in the 1989 film adaptation.

As the article states, I would also love to see Steven Lang (Gettysburg, Tombstone, God's and Generals, Public Enemies, Avatar) portray him, hell he even has the gray hair and biceps.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/dolph-lundgren-wants-break-ryan-163207159.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=stephen+lang&rlz=1C1KMZB_enUS596US596&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjKk4qlxtvMAhUJ5SYKHTjOCbwQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=stephen+lang+cable&imgrc=_

AKDoug
05-15-16, 23:33
I watched it the other night on pay per view via satellite.. Meh, whatever... I never read comic books as a kid of the 70's and 80's and I think I was an anomaly. I did find Dead Pool significantly more entertaining than the other dozen comic book "hero" movies I have been forced to sit through (and fall asleep halfway through) by my wife and children. For the same reasons I cannot get into the new Star Wars, as I age I cannot find entertainment in two hours of CGI work.

Quiet
05-20-16, 21:44
One of my all time favorite Marvel characters is Cable, the mercenary from the future.

In Dead Pool Dos Cable will probably make his film debut and Dolph Lundgren wants to play him. Dolph Lundgren also had played the first Franck Castle/The Punish in the 1989 film adaptation.

As the article states, I would also love to see Steven Lang (Gettysburg, Tombstone, God's and Generals, Public Enemies, Avatar) portray him, hell he even has the gray hair and biceps.

Throw Ron Pearlman into the mix to play Cable.

Ron Pearlman started making noise, on the social media sites, on how he want to play Cable in Deadpool 2.

Moose-Knuckle
05-21-16, 01:53
Throw Ron Pearlman into the mix to play Cable.

Ron Pearlman started making noise, on the social media sites, on how he want to play Cable in Deadpool 2.

I saw that yesterday, he too has the gray hair and biceps! Forgot all about him.

SteyrAUG
06-08-16, 01:39
Finally saw this one tonight. Too stupid for words.

This one was so bad I think I'm officially done with Marvel based films for good. There have been some good ones in the past, but they have mostly been really bad lately.

06-08-16, 08:06

I thought I was the only one who felt it was horrible. Just terrible.

SteyrAUG
06-08-16, 10:56
I thought I was the only one who felt it was horrible. Just terrible.

It could have been "almost there." I actually like The Fantastic Four (2005), but a lot of that was me liking Jessica Alba. Even made it through the sequel, but I'd have never watched it if Alba wasn't in it.

Comic book movies are always difficult to get on screen, especially the Marvel universe. But sometimes it works like Tobey Mcquire's Spiderman (2002), and even the sequel. These were actually watchable films. But Deadpool reminded me of a really stupid version of Handcock and I hated Handcock.

Firefly
06-08-16, 11:07

This one was so bad I think I'm officially done with Marvel based films for good. There have been some good ones in the past, but they have mostly been really bad lately.

I'm speechless.

If nude Inara Serra and wackiness means nothing to you....well...I'll just have to pray for you

WickedWillis
06-08-16, 11:09
It could have been "almost there." I actually like The Fantastic Four (2005), but a lot of that was me liking Jessica Alba. Even made it through the sequel, but I'd have never watched it if Alba wasn't in it.

Comic book movies are always difficult to get on screen, especially the Marvel universe. But sometimes it works like Tobey Mcquire's Spiderman (2002), and even the sequel. These were actually watchable films. But Deadpool reminded me of a really stupid version of Handcock and I hated Handcock.

The Spider-man films are hard to watch, and they came out when I was in high school and thought every action movie was awesome. I really liked Deadpool because they allowed the character to do what he does in the comics without trying to censor him. Wish he would have killed someone with a text bubble though. This gives me hope for a true rated-R Wolverine film that fans deserve. I can totally understand not liking Deadpool because you don't enjoy the humor however. I could see that making it tough to sit through.

Big A
06-08-16, 11:12

Had you ever read any of the Deadpool comics or anything about the character before seeing the movie?

SteyrAUG
06-08-16, 11:27
Had you ever read any of the Deadpool comics or anything about the character before seeing the movie?

Nope. Me and comic books came to an understanding at about 12.

SteyrAUG
06-08-16, 11:29
I'm speechless.

If nude Inara Serra and wackiness means nothing to you....well...I'll just have to pray for you

She was hot, but not hot enough to save the movie. I tried to get into a "Kick Ass" mindset, and I really liked both of those movies, but I just couldn't make it work. There were moments that were funny, but mostly it was just stupid.

Firefly
06-08-16, 11:31
I want to say that Marvel is giving us pure gold lately.

Olivia Munn as Psylocke. Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique.

I read that they wanted Psylocke to wear some modest Matrix looking outfit until she went to war to wear the outfit from the comic.

If you are over 35 then Deadpool isn't for you. It's for young people who grew up on Green Day and freezy pops. In our language...bad means good.

It's like rock music or punk chix.

WickedWillis
06-08-16, 11:35
I want to say that Marvel is giving us pure gold lately.

Olivia Munn as Psylocke. Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique.

I read that they wanted Psylocke to wear some modest Matrix looking outfit until she went to war to wear the outfit from the comic.

If you are over 35 then Deadpool isn't for you. It's for young people who grew up on Green Day and freezy pops. In our language...bad means good.

It's like rock music or punk chix.

Sony has those rights, not Disney/Marvel. Did you see the newest X-men film?

Firefly
06-08-16, 11:37
She was hot, but not hot enough to save the movie. I tried to get into a "Kick Ass" mindset, and I really liked both of those movies, but I just couldn't make it work. There were moments that were funny, but mostly it was just stupid.

I'm the opposite. I liked Kick Ass when it came out but now with Chloe Moretz banging the Clinton drum and so on...I don't like it.

Deadpool however is classic.

Firefly
06-08-16, 11:40
Sony has those rights, not Disney/Marvel. Did you see the newest X-men film?

Yes and I liked it. Despite Sony having the rights they've been more comic-like since the first X-Men.

Originally Psylocke was going to wear all black and show no skin, but Olivia Munn demanded to wear the Psylocke stripper suit.

WickedWillis
06-08-16, 11:40
I'm the opposite. I liked Kick Ass when it came out but now with Chloe Moretz banging the Clinton drum and so on...I don't like it.

I liked Kick ass as well.

ramairthree
06-08-16, 11:41
While I did not like everything about it,
Deadpool is a nice kick at the hero movie cliches,
Knows it is bad,
And I enjoy it the way you would enjoy Arnold as Commando,
Dolph as the Punisher,
Or Gene Simmons having a grenade set off in his mouth in the 80s.

Big A
06-08-16, 12:33
Nope. Me and comic books came to an understanding at about 12.

That's kinda what I figured. Almost everybody I know that didn't like it didn't know how he was in the comics. For those of us that had read the comics it's one of the best adaptions of a comic into a movie ever.

SteyrAUG
06-08-16, 13:42
That's kinda what I figured. Almost everybody I know that didn't like it didn't know how he was in the comics. For those of us that had read the comics it's one of the best adaptions of a comic into a movie ever.

Honestly I knew virtually nothing about the Fantastic Four other than remembering the comics existed. I ended up liking the film despite a complete lack of background. In contrast, I hated The Winter Soldier even though I liked the first Captain America film. The second one just sucked and I didn't care about it.

The Green Lantern was completely unwatchable even though I actually read a few of those comics back when I was a kid. But the film was horrible.

For me the problem with Deadpool was that it was a film that wanted to show it didn't take itself too seriously, and to a large extent it worked. They ended up with a film that was mostly stupid. It was like a film created for kids but targeted to adults. I ended up with the feeling that despite the nudity and other stuff, I was watching a movie made for kids.

If I was in junior high I'd probably love it.

SteyrAUG
06-08-16, 13:44

Wonder how all the people in the Deadpool film are voting.

I still like Chloe Moretz, hell I still like Katy Perry, I just hate their politics.

austinN4
06-08-16, 19:34
Watched it tonight and liked it. For sure it is not a great film, but I confess to liking the campy humor in it. And the bonus for me (don't I wish) was Morena Baccarin.

WickedWillis
06-09-16, 10:45
Watched it tonight and liked it. For sure it is not a great film, but I confess to liking the campy humor in it. And the bonus for me (don't I wish) was Morena Baccarin.

Yeah, she's pretty sexy.