http://i.imgur.com/xBrOLL5l.png

http://i.imgur.com/q94xVJGl.jpg

Basic specs:

Output: 320 lumens
Runtime: 2.5 hours
Length: 5.20'
Bezel Diameter: 1.25''
Weight w/Batteries: 4.4oz

The big appeal for most folks is the price point matched with Surefire's reputation for durability. Although it's not rated by Surefire as a weaponlight, many here (including myself) use it as one. I've used mine on everything from ARs to shotguns and it's still going strong.

The 2016 version of the light also features a tailcap clicky switch with my earlier version doesn't have.

Full review and beam comparisons with the Elzetta Bravo and Surefire 6PX Tactical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvDgN9a5Ny

ggammell
02-12-16, 08:57
Unless you have a specific need there really isn't a reason to go anywhere else opin the surefire line for a handheld. Usually a surefire purchase is a carefully thought out issue because of their prices but this one is a no-brainer.

shadow93
02-12-16, 10:21
I grabbed a G2X LE from Optics planet on a major deal. Its my first nice handheld to go along with my nice weapon lights I have. I'm thinking of trying the G2X in a mount on the AR, but don't have a real need to replace the Insight WML I have on it now other than something to try, and that means buying a mount. I have a hard time buying any lights other than Surefire at this point though.

samuse
02-12-16, 12:24
I carry a dual output G2X. I prefer the plastic lights for a handheld because I can hold it with my teeth.

1BallJ
02-12-16, 13:26
I have a G2X on my dissipator and my Draco. Very good lights. Arms Unlimited has a sale on the G2X for 49 bucks right now.

Slippers
02-12-16, 19:46
I'm a huge fan of these, too. I give them to family members as gifts all the time. They also work pretty well as a weapon light.

lawusmc0844
02-12-16, 22:13
Great video review, as always!

I've been mounting G2's on my rifles for years starting with the old Nitrolons to the G2X Tactical when they first came out, with Vltor/ADM QD Scout mounts. Works great either handheld or mounted. I did make the mistake of buying a G2X Pro which is great as a handheld but as I found out quickly at Surefire Institute's low light course, not as great on a fighting rifle.

Though mine are painted, Surefire needs to bring back OD green!

RobertTheTexan
02-13-16, 00:30
I'm debating and researching lights for my latest build. I have an amazing WML now, but it's a tank.(weight wise) I just wonder what is different/missing from this light that the $300 or thereabouts SureFires have. Surely it's got to be more than just polymer vs metal and lumens. Better electronics?
Does anyone know if this Surefire can run a pressure switch?

ggammell
02-13-16, 05:45
Great video review, as always!

I've been mounting G2's on my rifles for years starting with the old Nitrolons to the G2X Tactical when they first came out, with Vltor/ADM QD Scout mounts. Works great either handheld or mounted. I did make the mistake of buying a G2X Pro which is great as a handheld but as I found out quickly at Surefire Institute's low light course, not as great on a fighting rifle.

Though mine are painted, Surefire needs to bring back OD green!

What made it not treat as a weapon light?

Mrgunsngear
02-13-16, 08:44
I'm debating and researching lights for my latest build. I have an amazing WML now, but it's a tank.(weight wise) I just wonder what is different/missing from this light that the $300 or thereabouts SureFires have. Surely it's got to be more than just polymer vs metal and lumens. Better electronics?
Does anyone know if this Surefire can run a pressure switch?

Better shock resistance is a big difference. The aluminum has better thermal dynamics with heat for prolonged use.

You can run a pressure switch.

Scrubber3
02-14-16, 09:10
I found one of pro gx2s at Walmart on clearance for 34.99. I didn't hesitate. Seems the walmart crowd wasn't looking for a higher end light. I've been happy with my light for 10 months now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

lawusmc0844
02-14-16, 14:03
What made it not treat as a weapon light?

The dual output. I'm sure it will work for others but for me I prefer the Tactical because one press gives me the full 320 lumens. It was very annoying to hit it twice each time to fully illuminate the target.

Mrgunsngear
02-16-16, 14:22
The dual output. I'm sure it will work for others but for me I prefer the Tactical because one press gives me the full 320 lumens. It was very annoying to hit it twice each time to fully illuminate the target.

I agree for weapons use. Less movement/thinking the better in my line of thinking for critical stress scenarios.

RobertTheTexan
02-17-16, 07:27
Better shock resistance is a big difference. The aluminum has better thermal dynamics with heat for prolonged use.

You can run a pressure switch.

Thanks!

seant8
03-06-16, 19:58
Your reviews are always top notch. I've had great success with both the G2X Tactical and the 6PX tactical as weapon lights. The only reason I got the 6PX over the G2X this last time was so I could use the Rosch SLM1 mount with it. I agree that momentary only is the best for a defensive rifle.

Mrgunsngear
03-07-16, 13:46
Your reviews are always top notch. I've had great success with both the G2X Tactical and the 6PX tactical as weapon lights. The only reason I got the 6PX over the G2X this last time was so I could use the Rosch SLM1 mount with it. I agree that momentary only is the best for a defensive rifle.

Thank you very much.

noonesshowmonkey
03-08-16, 09:24
I use a 6px pro dual output professionally, and absolutely love it.

The point about the g2's plastic body being able to be held safely with the teeth is well taken. For a handheld, duty rig light, I'd go with a plastic dual output. Having a low, non blinding seeing is great for digging in a gear bag or glove box.

For a weapon light / tactical, momentary single output is the only way to fly. Binary on/off.

Also, big fan of the guns n gear channel.

RobertTheTexan
03-08-16, 17:55
Thank you very much.

Do you ever take "requests" for reviews on products?

Mrgunsngear
03-10-16, 14:11
Do you ever take "requests" for reviews on products?

I get over 2,000 questions a day so... I don't really have a choice. Folks send them. :D

RobertTheTexan
03-11-16, 10:00
I get over 2,000 questions a day so... I don't really have a choice. Folks send them. :D

Wow. 2,000....If you ever think about branching out, let me know. So what's the best method of sending a gear review request?

Uprange41
03-11-16, 10:13

If you need someone to rifle through the request and tell some of the asking parties why the item they're asking about is stupid, just hit me up :D

Mrgunsngear
03-11-16, 12:22
If you need someone to rifle through the request and tell some of the asking parties why the item they're asking about is stupid, just hit me up :D

That'd be a full time job---trust me :blink:

Mrgunsngear
03-11-16, 12:23
Wow. 2,000....If you ever think about branching out, let me know. So what's the best method of sending a gear review request?

Shot you a pm.

RobertTheTexan
03-11-16, 21:47
Shot you a pm.

Replied...