PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about one more can. Griffin Recce 5 or SPR

223to45
02-12-16, 12:26
While I have been thinking about one more Suppressor.
I have been looking at the Griffin Armament Recce5 or the SPR.
This will be for a mainly SPR style setup.

Was wondering if anybody had some time with both?

Not a lot of info out there, found some.

Voodoochild
02-19-16, 19:00
I got a Recce 5 and I love it. It is my dedicated 5.56 can very light and have had no issues with it. And for three price you can't go wrong GA are good people. I can't help you with the SPR can unfortunately.

civiliansheepdog
02-19-16, 19:29
I would suggest the GA Optimus. The idea of having a multiple caliber can just makes to much sense not to invest in, especially if it's your last one.

bp7178
02-19-16, 20:50
I have a SPR on my...SPR. The over barrel design definitely helps with some of the back pressure while not adding too much length. I asked GA which in their testing was more quiet, and I was told the SPR but the chief advantage was the backpressure reduction. The only issue that could come up is if you wanted to mount it on a SBR. You'd be limited to a 12.5" barrel due to the over barrel requirement.

223to45
02-24-16, 19:20
Thanks. I really like them both, who knows , could end with both .

From my understanding they are basically the same inside.

Now just finding one in stock somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

223to45
02-24-16, 19:21
I have a SPR on my...SPR. The over barrel design definitely helps with some of the back pressure while not adding too much length. I asked GA which in their testing was more quiet, and I was told the SPR but the chief advantage was the backpressure reduction. The only issue that could come up is if you wanted to mount it on a SBR. You'd be limited to a 12.5" barrel due to the over barrel requirement.
Won't be a issue in WA, since we can't build SBR's.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk