PDA

View Full Version : Best trigger for SHTF

A_shizzle
08-16-08, 02:15
What do you think would be the best trigger for a SHTF rifle? Single Stage or Double? What brand would you prefer as well?

Parabellum9x19mm
08-16-08, 02:30
milspec single stage is the best choice as far as reliability, safety and cost.

IMO the only 2 stage trigger to use for SHTF would be Geissele

SIMPLYDYNAMIC
08-16-08, 02:31
Standard Mil spec trigger

Warrior
08-16-08, 03:41
+1 on standard milspec. That said my main AR has a Guisselle DMR in it. Best triiger I've ever had the pleasure of pulling.

wichaka
08-16-08, 05:08
A polished up standard trigger........

Iraqgunz
08-16-08, 09:21
Standard milspec trigger. Hundreds of dead Muj and Hajjis can't be wrong. :D

JeepDriver
08-16-08, 10:34
Why not the 2 stage triggers?

I have RRA 2 stage triggers in a few of my guns. I haven't had a problem with any of them. My two main guns have several thousand rounds each through them and I've seen no issues with the RRA triggers.

boltcatch
08-16-08, 11:10
If we're talking a serious SHTF here, and a standard trigger will get the job done, the price difference would go nicely towards other things you might want more - spare parts, surefire batteries, or other things entirely like food.

MX5
08-17-08, 15:21
Standard single stage trigger.

The only modification I make to them is to bevel the edges of the trigger face where the finger actually touches it, then hand polish it smooth & re-blue. It gives a nice feel as the finger rolls over it & many people perceive that the trigger has been slightly worked. It's a minor thing & certainly not necessary - I just prefer the feel of it. Don't mess with the engagement surfaces.