PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6920 mount help

sac
02-14-16, 10:57
Hello I'm putting a Leupold VX-R patrol 1.25-4 on my 6920 and wondering which Larue mount to put on? I know if you have a 3 power or higher you don't see the FSB, but on 1 would I be able to use a 1.5 mount or would I have to go with the 1.93?

Thanks Scott

GH41
02-14-16, 16:14
You cannot see through the FSB on any power. It may be less noticeable on higher powers but you still cannot see through the sight. I'd live with it at 1.5" before raising the scope 4 tenths and blowing my cheek weld. To be honest I never understood why people put a magnified optic on a rifle with a fixed front sight.

sac
02-15-16, 09:12
I used to think the same thing, but since I'm getting older the aimpoint is getting harder to see at distance.

TomMcC
02-15-16, 10:23
You will see, but not able to use, the FSB at any power. It will be less noticeable at 4x more noticeable at 1.5x. Once you get used to it, it's not a problem. you just learn to focus on your reticle and target. As for which height is for you, the 1.93" will give you a more heads up position, which some like, but depending on the shape of your face you might have cheek weld issues like GH41 said. To me, cheek weld is important, especially to longer range accuracy.

Also, concerning that particular scope, you might consider something with a 1X instead of a 1.5X. If you like a 1X at close range and then move to a 1.5X there is a good change you won't like it. Any significant magnification at pretty close range, say, inside 15yds with multiple targets close together can get quite confusing.