PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Light Help

Lee Indy
02-15-16, 09:09
I want to put a rail light on my pistol.
Need help finding one that fits my needs.
I love the look of the XC1 from surfire but it is expensive as hell.

is there any lights on the market beside that one that hads very little bulk to the gun?
I dont want a tlr1 or similar with the huge body and then it sticks past the muzzle an inch.

Railmaster from Crimson trace maybe?

Inkslinger
02-15-16, 09:19
There are benefits to having a light that extends past your muzzle. It prevents the gun from being pushed out of battery if you need to use your pistol at contact distance.

Lee Indy
02-15-16, 09:27
I carry IWB. that extra width and length has prevented me from carrying with a weapon light. id like to change that

Inkslinger
02-15-16, 09:35
What kind of holster are you using? I carry a full size m&p 9 with a tlr-1 IWB in a raven concealment and I have been more than happy with the set-up.

Lee Indy
02-15-16, 09:54
What kind of holster are you using? I carry a full size m&p 9 with a tlr-1 IWB in a raven concealment and I have been more than happy with the set-up.

tried that with the raven and didnt like it. sold the light and holster.

Inkslinger
02-15-16, 10:04
Have you considered forgoing the wml and carrying a handheld?

Lee Indy
02-15-16, 10:11
I do carry a hand held. looks like ill just save my pennys and get the xc1

Inkslinger
02-15-16, 10:28
I do carry a hand held. looks like ill just save my pennys and get the xc1

You might find more holsters that support the xc1 than the Crimson trace.

Uprange41
02-15-16, 12:45
I got to use an XC1 last week, and I'm 100% sold. It's imperceptible on the gun, and it's plenty of light for CCW applications.

I'm going to pick one up in a couple weeks.... Might be a compelling enough reason for me to go back to carrying my 19 over my 26.

oneeek020
02-16-16, 10:01
I've been running a G-19 sans light for the last few months now. Before that it was a SA XDM4.5 in 40 with a Viridian X5L. I'll be modding my 19 with an RDS & X300 with DG switch, I was finally able to get my hands and shoot a 19 with a mounted RDS and I love it! Through a can with sub Sonic HP rounds on it and you've got a great HD setup. No earpro requider[emoji39]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk